• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So the website "AS" are reporting Sahin has been left out of Madrid's squad to play in the Eusebio Cup as he's set to join a "big" Premier League club on loan. Madrid not really helping themselves in getting Modric if it's to Arsenal or Utd.

must be us

So the website "AS" are reporting Sahin has been left out of Madrid's squad to play in the Eusebio Cup as he's set to join a "big" Premier League club on loan. Madrid not really helping themselves in getting Modric if it's to Arsenal or Utd.

If it's us as part of the makeweight for the modric deal i'm not sure if i'd want him on loan for one season.

Cant see why Utd or Arse would loan him. Dont like the idea of us loaning players either - just stores the problem up for a years time

I would imagine that would be the end of any interest in Moutinho as well

Would just end up in the same situation as this year, but in regard to CM. We'd be lacking that 'world class' playmaker as soon as the loan deal ends..

Would be very short term. Levy might insist on a buy-out clause, however with Sahin's already professed preference to remain with RM he might never agree to sign for us. (If we could afford his wages, not sure what he's on at RM)

(This is all moot if it's not a loan to us though, rumours of it being Arsenal)

Taken from AS, rough translation

Nuri Sahin will play on loan next week in a big team in the Premier League. Real Madrid reached an agreement today with an English side to have minute midfielder next season and return in June 2013. Will not travel to Lisbon, where Real Madrid plays tonight at the Estadio da Luz against Benfica in game for the Eusebio Cup (20:00 Goal T)

Would just end up in the same situation as this year, but in regard to CM. We'd be lacking that 'world class' playmaker as soon as the loan deal ends..

Would be very short term. Levy might insist on a buy-out clause, however with Sahin's already professed preference to remain with RM he might never agree to sign for us. (If we could afford his wages, not sure what he's on at RM)

(This is all moot if it's not a loan to us though, rumours of it being Arsenal)

What so we sell them Modric and in the process strengthen our main rivals? don't think so.

What so we sell them Modric and in the process strengthen our main rivals? don't think so.

If they pay us the demanded fee for Modric, then why would we have any say whatsoever in what they do with the other members of their squad?

We really wouldn't.

Not really, Fraizer Campbell was and never will be anywhere near Berba's class, whereas with Sahin it was only a year ago he was seen as one of the best young players in Europe.

I rate Sahin very highly, but I wouldn't be a fan of signing him on a loan unless we also have a clause to sign him permanently, even then I would be doubtful as I could easily see him then choosing another club after a year if he succeeds. Not unlike Sigurdsson at Swansea.

I think he will need some time to adapt to the Premiership and recover after almost a full season in Madrid spent on the bench and injured. I would hate to see us being used as his "settling in club" where we get the slightly patch performances only for him to go somewhere else when he reaches his potential.

I would imagine that would be the end of any interest in Moutinho as well

different players, if anything id have both in a 4-3-3

Sahin Sandro Moutinho

so sell Modric, and buy Moutinho and loan Sahin, imo thats pretty damn good for next season

If sahin does well im sure well try and buy him next summer

Tbh, I think getting a loan will be pointless... What are we going to do when it is over? We may have missed out on another creative midfielder and it would leave us weaker, than, if we spend the money now and just get one we can keep! Unless this loan has a option to buy at the end of the loan? then that would seem more feasible!

Back