• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
but what did he say wrong? all he said was that he couldnt understand why Gio came out with the statement he did

Think he bought into the angle the reporter took because there was nothing wrong with the actual quotes there from AVB that i can see.

Wonder what he would have said if someone something similar when our last manager was in charge

What position is what i'm asking...behind the striker? on the right of an attacking 3? what are you proposing?

floating behind the striker.....Sig said that AVB told him he would play behind the striker

......striker

Bale.....Siggy

Bale and Siggy swapping, roaming, freedom of movement

Surely Siggs role is te attacking role in the middle 3. I personally think VDV also plays there so them two will battle it out, though you COULD play VDV on the right of the 3 (not sig) and drop Lennon.

Also, because I'm avoiding work I just put in a few figures and came up with this.

SELL: Modric - 35m, Jenas - 3m, Bentley - 3m, Bassong - 3m, Gomes - 3m, Dos Santos - 5m, Defoe - 10m, Pienaar - 4m = 66m

BUY: LLoris - 12m, Mouthino - 25m, Ade - 5m, Leandro - 20m, Willian 15m = 77m

That's an 11m spend and a saving on wages. Surely we have much more money than that so more than possible.

This gives us two teams of

---------------Lloris---------
Walker--Kaboul--Verthongen--Ekotto
--------------Sandro------------------
---------------------Mouthino-------
------------VDV------------
Lennon-------------------------Bale
--------------Ade------------------

---------------Friedel---------
Naughton--Dawson--Caulker--Rose
--------------Parker------------------
---------------------THudd-------
------------Sigurdsson------------
Willian-----------------------Townsend
--------------Leandro------------------

With Cudicini, Gallas, Livermore, Carroll and Kane as backups.

This is not much of a change and produces an incredible first 11 with fanatstic back up.

Why can't real life be this simple?!?!?!

I'm officially confused. You say Siggy to play BEHIND the striker which therefore would mean he isn't one of the front three.

ts

I love the way that for a lot of people Sigurdsson is an automatic first choice on the basis of one decent half year in the PL. No-one was clamouring for us to sign him 2-3 months ago! People even saying that he should play ahead of VdV!

Hope he is a success but I think expectations of him on here have gone waaaaaay to far....unless he plays brilliantly there stands to be a lot of disappointed people

Not sure how that works with Lennon and Bale

Think we'll start playing 4-2-3-1

Was just posting a picture because people seemed confused :p

In more important news the original Sahin Article seems to have been edited by Marca..

'Jose Mourinho wants to leave the Turkish one year on loan to enjoy a few minutes and Real Madrid wanted to include him in Operation Modric 'but not to the Tottenham players. The Arsenal is one of the clubs that were interested in the midfielder.'

Translated..

Last edited:
Sahin to Arsenal is all over the web now. fudgers. I hope it is not true.

If Sahin is prepared to move then we should just leverage the Modric bid and get him here.
I'd prefer Moutinho but 30mil is double our record transfer and unlikely to happen, at that price anyway.

(Can we keep all the formation stuff in the tactics thread)

hahahhaha let me get this straight..

Madrid will shift out Sahin to OUR MAIN RIVALS and OUR MAIN RIVALS FOR THE 4TH SPOT and expect us to give them Modric!?

bwahahaha.... If was Levy then I would tell them to go f*** themselves

Not sure why people think we should have any say whatsoever in the Sahin deal...

Modric will go if they pay us the amount we want. What they do with their other players has absolutely nothing to do with us.

Refusing to sell them Modric because they're loaning players to our rivals would seem pretty small time, especially if they are paying us what we want. If they're not, then that's the only reason we shouldn't sell Modric to them.

Back