• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Look in the mirror man! He really needs to shut up or re-adjust his comments regarding players publically. GDS is clearly in the wrong, but all he has to say is that GDS has loads of potential (or a t'riffic player), has a part to play and is under contract.

needs to shut up!?

FFS you have never had a boss?

if I would publically say I was thinking about quitting my company, my boss would rip me apart, and rightly so..

it´s called discipline

I think whatever people think about AVB and his handling of the players so far using how Harry dealt with Gio as the golden standard might not be the best idea.

Look in the mirror man! He really needs to shut up or re-adjust his comments regarding players publically. GDS is clearly in the wrong, but all he has to say is that GDS has loads of potential (or a t'riffic player), has a part to play and is under contract.

...yes, your great mate was so supportive of GDS, when once asked by Durham on Talksport about him, he replied (and I paraphrase) that if he could pass a nightclub like he could pass a football, then he'd be world class! Of course, we "could" always hope for communication like Harry exercised with GDS of late, basically a few empty quotes along the lines you're suggesting only for us all to now he's being roundly fudged off behind the scenes and frozen out. In short, yes, we 'could' hope our manager never tells us what's going on...but some of us actually like this chap AVB! And it burns you.

Whenever I see Bas Dost written down I immediately read it as Das Boot every time.

I was at work a few days ago and got an email from a customer with that name Bast. I remember thing of of Bast Dos. Then I thought of the Sean Bean YouTube video where they cut together clips of him in movies and tv shows saying the word bastard. I then proceeded to address and send the email to Mr Bastard. Not my finest hour.

Come on mate, this is the same player that Harry said 'If he could pass a nightclub as well as he could pass a football he'd be a good player...' basically calling him out as undedicated and loving a drink and a party more than perfecting his craft. AVB has said he respects him and will have a chance to impress.

There's a strong argument to say AVB's quotes towards Gio are far better than Harry's. Let's not even begin to talk about 'My missus could have scored that.' which I am 100% sure AVB would never say about any player.

I don't think good management is all about praising players unconditionally in public though. I didn't actually mind what Harry said about Bent for example, or what he said about Gio, I just don't think it's fair to call out AVB for something that is far less contentious. I didn't mind what Harry said because it was essentially the truth, and if players can't handle the truth it is their own fault. It's not as if mollycoddling Gio and letting him party it up as much as he wanted would suddenly turn him into a more effective footballer. Fergie can put some pretty fantastic put-downs on his own players out there from time to time and it gets the message across.

So I don't mind it. But it's not fair to call out AVB for it.

I don't actually think Kranjcar was that bad in what he said. The papers have blown it up. When you look at the actual quotes, all he's saying is (clearly in response to a journo's question on his opinion of his (mate) modric going on strike):

i'd probably do the same if Real Madrid were in for me, you'd move heaven and earth to get there. He also said he understood the chairman's position in demanding what he feels is the right price and that we did the same for him, not letting him go for 2 years.

He isn't blasting Levy at all he's just saying his opinion on the situation. The press have twisted it into a "blast at Levy"

He also said:

"I know from my own experience how difficult these people are and how hard it is to break out of a contract with them.

"Remember Berbatov? And it was the same with me: they held me back for two years, until finally my new club paid what they were asking, and not a pound less.

"That is their speciality: they set unreasonably high transfer demands, but the absurd thing is they always get what they ask for.''

I mean, how DARE Spurs hold their players to contracts? Remember Berbatov? WTF? Is he supposed to be held up as some paragon of virtue? And if we always get what we ask for, it means someone was prepared to pay it. So it was a good move.

Very poor form from Niko.

hope we wrap Harry Kane in bubble wrap until start of season, don't want our only other potential forward to get injured as I fear we will not be signing anyone else

There are loads of strikers out there that fit exactly what we're looking for, I can't name a single one but there are literally LOADS.

He also said:

"I know from my own experience how difficult these people are and how hard it is to break out of a contract with them.

"Remember Berbatov? And it was the same with me: they held me back for two years, until finally my new club paid what they were asking, and not a pound less.

"That is their speciality: they set unreasonably high transfer demands, but the absurd thing is they always get what they ask for.''

I mean, how DARE Spurs hold their players to contracts? Remember Berbatov? WTF? Is he supposed to be held up as some paragon of virtue? And if we always get what we ask for, it means someone was prepared to pay it. So it was a good move.

Very poor form from Niko.

its not poor, its a natural response to being shafted. Not all contracts are bad, all of them are willingly signed by both parties. Whats wrong with getting upset when brick goes badly wrong? I honestly dont see why its a problem to tell people youre upset about being treated like meat at a market.

If I made a mistake, and I was upset the last thing id do would be sing the previous employers praises.

its not poor, its a natural response to being shafted. Not all contracts are bad, all of them are willingly signed by both parties. Whats wrong with getting upset when brick goes badly wrong? I honestly dont see why its a problem to tell people youre upset about being treated like meat at a market.

If I made a mistake, and I was upset the last thing id do would be sing the previous employers praises.

Badly wrong? Did he not play for a team in the Champions League, challenging for the title and get paid a bloody good wage to live in London? I wouldn't call it 'badly wrong' at all, it's not like he was shafted to the reserves.

I don't think what he's doing is wrong, he's welcome to say what he wants. But I think what he is saying is wrong. Getting annoyed that Spurs hold him to his contract. If he got injured for a year he would be the first one demanding that he gets the money owed to him that he signed for.

Badly wrong? Did he not play for a team in the Champions League, challenging for the title and get paid a bloody good wage to live in London? I wouldn't call it 'badly wrong' at all, it's not like he was shafted to the reserves.

I don't think what he's doing is wrong, he's welcome to say what he wants. But I think what he is saying is wrong. Getting annoyed that Spurs hold him to his contract. If he got injured for a year he would be the first one demanding that he gets the money owed to him that he signed for.

Thats a very good point.

Correct.

It's all part of being a footballer isn't it?

Although I obviously would have preferred if he left with some nice words or said nothing I understand his frustration and need to vent. Coupled with the media probably asking leading questions I think it's just one of those things that happen.

So the website "AS" are reporting Sahin has been left out of Madrid's squad to play in the Eusebio Cup as he's set to join a "big" Premier League club on loan. Madrid not really helping themselves in getting Modric if it's to Arsenal or Utd.

Back