• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Tbh, I think getting a loan will be pointless... What are we going to do when it is over? We may have missed out on another creative midfielder and it would leave us weaker, than, if we spend the money now and just get one we can keep! Unless this loan has a option to buy at the end of the loan? then that would seem more feasible!

loan Sahin and buy Moutinho, whats the problem:)

Cue 'We need a striker' Meltdown..

thats another problem altogether

If it looks like all parties want the Modric situation solved ASAP, then lets get this out the way first.....anyway, weve have 4 years to buy a couple of decent strikers, i dont see anyone rushing around all of a sudden.

Come on mate, this is the same player that Harry said 'If he could pass a nightclub as well as he could pass a football he'd be a good player...' basically calling him out as undedicated and loving a drink and a party more than perfecting his craft. AVB has said he respects him and will have a chance to impress.

There's a strong argument to say AVB's quotes towards Gio are far better than Harry's. Let's not even begin to talk about 'My missus could have scored that.' which I am 100% sure AVB would never say about any player.

I don't think good management is all about praising players unconditionally in public though. I didn't actually mind what Harry said about Bent for example, or what he said about Gio, I just don't think it's fair to call out AVB for something that is far less contentious. I didn't mind what Harry said because it was essentially the truth, and if players can't handle the truth it is their own fault. It's not as if mollycoddling Gio and letting him party it up as much as he wanted would suddenly turn him into a more effective footballer. Fergie can put some pretty fantastic put-downs on his own players out there from time to time and it gets the message across.

So I don't mind it. But it's not fair to call out AVB for it.

Not sure what Harry has to do with this to be honest. Harry was a clown in front of the media too. AVB needs to publically support the players, even if he is privately ripping them to bits.

different players, if anything id have both in a 4-3-3

Sahin Sandro Moutinho

so sell Modric, and buy Moutinho and loan Sahin, imo thats pretty damn good for next season

If sahin does well im sure well try and buy him next summer

We've just signed Sigurddson. You think both him and VDV will be on the bench?

needs to shut up!?

FFS you have never had a boss?

if I would publically say I was thinking about quitting my company, my boss would rip me apart, and rightly so..

it´s called discipline

I AM a boss. If I have to discipline staff I will take them into a meeting room and gonad them. What I wouldn't do is dress them down in front of the entire Office in public.

I AM a boss. If I have to discipline staff I will take them into a meeting room and gonad them. What I wouldn't do is dress them down in front of the entire Office in public.

Surely the difference in situation is that your employees won't go and mouth off in the media?

If you mouth off in the media, you have to be prepared to be disciplined in the media.

...yes, your great mate was so supportive of GDS, when once asked by Durham on Talksport about him, he replied (and I paraphrase) that if he could pass a nightclub like he could pass a football, then he'd be world class! Of course, we "could" always hope for communication like Harry exercised with GDS of late, basically a few empty quotes along the lines you're suggesting only for us all to now he's being roundly fudged off behind the scenes and frozen out. In short, yes, we 'could' hope our manager never tells us what's going on...but some of us actually like this chap AVB! And it burns you.

Again WTF has Redknapp go to do with this? This is AVB, in isolation. Redknapp is already a distant memory and AVB should not be compared to him.

In this case AVB is handling the situation incorrectly.

btw that midfield 3 wouldn't even be that effective anyway. 2 creative cm's and a dm...no attacking cm?

its all guesswork, speculation, none of us have a clue what formation we will play, what tactics we will employ, who will be in our squad by Sept 1st 2012

poldi_sahin-1287225929_zoom40_crop_800x600_800x600+5+41.jpg

Back