• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How many of those players that you mention hit the ground running? Most of those players might have been signed during the Jol/Comolli era but they were mainly unreliable or poor during this time and it was only under Redknapp that they came through.

are you saying Rednapp turned not so good players in to good ones ?

they were always good prospects and with prospects it takes time for them to realize that potential - no doubt in my mind these players would have all become the players they are now regardless of who was in charge (to an extent)

we need to get back to signing these types of players as it was this policy which was the back bone of our recent on the field success

fwiw Berbatov, Lennon, Dawson and Modric all played well/looked good players before Rednapp arrived id say

Do you want to see him spend 150 million quid we don't have/find a way to borrow it? And the wages too? Who would YOU have as chairman, other than yourself of course...

I'd have new owners; if ENIC can't afford to put the money into Tottenham which is needed, then they need to stop tinkling around and sell the club to an owner who CAN put that kinda money in.

Yeah I'm all for doing it the perfect way, but guess what, while we're pursuing this noble cause, everyone else around us is going twice as fast.

Lovely job, Daniel - but you can't take the club any further. Best for everyone if you find some dumb Arab billionaire who wants to build their profile a little bit outside of the desert.

I'd have new owners; if ENIC can't afford to put the money into Tottenham which is needed, then they need to stop tinkling around and sell the club to an owner who CAN put that kinda money in.

Yeah I'm all for doing it the perfect way, but guess what, while we're pursuing this noble cause, everyone else around us is going twice as fast.

Lovely job, Daniel - but you can't take the club any further. Best for everyone if you find some dumb Arab billionaire who wants to build their profile a little bit outside of the desert.

Really? Ignoring Chelsea, who are a special case with unlimited funds, Who is doing things twice as fast as us?

Arse have two strikers, but rvp is probably off.
United have Kwaga (sp?), and are in for one or two others.
Emirates Marketing Project are tinkling about even with unlimited funds..
Liverpool have bought boriello and are interested in joe allen

Which of our rivals is moving twice as fast? Seriously?

Edit: I would have included Saudi Sportswashing Machine, but i've not been paying attention to their signings..

Recent transcript.

DL: "We have an interest in your player"

Agent: "Really? Cool, I'll go ask the club if they'll sell"

Agent" "Good news, Daniel, they're up for it!"

Agent: "Excellent, I'll go and ask what they want for him!"

Agent: "Daniel, I've had a word and it's £15m"

Agent: "Cool, so...shall I pass a bid on?"

DL: "Yes"

Agent: "...which is?"

DL: "£2m"

Agent: "You fudging me about Daniel?"

DL: "Not a penny more"

Agent: "tinkle off"

DL: "...£2.5m, with add-ons"

DL: "Hello...?"

There is a 20minute video on Christian Atsu on youtube, I know you dont rate people by a youtube video but he looks a handful. in AVB we trust.

Really? Ignoring Chelsea, who are a special case with unlimited funds, Who is doing things twice as fast as us?

Arse have two strikers, but rvp is probably off.
United have Kwaga (sp?), and are in for one or two others.
Emirates Marketing Project are tinkling about even with unlimited funds..
Liverpool have bought boriello and are interested in joe allen

Which of our rivals is moving twice as fast? Seriously?

Edit: I would have included Saudi Sportswashing Machine, but i've not been paying attention to their signings..

The point, is that other clubs don't fudge about in the transfer market - they get players in.

Over the last couple of years

Man Utd
de Gea
Jones
Young
Kagawa
Powell
£70.2m

Chelsea
de bruyne
Lucas
Cahill
Meireles
Mata
Lukaku
Romeu
Courtois
Oscar
Hazard
Marin
£162m

Liverpool
Coates
Enrique
Downing
Henderson
Adam
Borini
£70m

Emirates Marketing Project
Nasri
Aguero
Savic
Clichy
£81m

Arsenal
Arteta
Mertesacker
Santos
Park
Oxlade-Chamberlain
Gervinho
Podolski
Giroud
£77m

Spurs
Parker
Vertonghen
Sigurdsson
£25.3m

The facts are there. Debating about whether signings are successful or not is academic; the point is that those signings are actually made.

Clubs that make more money then us spend more money.

Shocker.

(previous post was intended just for this season, because i thought that's what you were directing it at)

The point, is that other clubs don't fudge about in the transfer market - they get players in.

Man Utd
de Gea
Jones
Young
Kagawa
Powell
£70.2m

Chelsea
de bruyne
Lucas
Cahill
Meireles
Mata
Lukaku
Romeu
Courtois
Oscar
Hazard
Marin
£162m

Liverpool
Coates
Enrique
Downing
Henderson
Adam
Borini
£70m

Emirates Marketing Project
Nasri
Aguero
Savic
Clichy
£81m

Arsenal
Arteta
Mertesacker
Santos
Park
Oxlade-Chamberlain
Gervinho
Podolski
Giroud
£77m

Spurs
Parker
Vertonghen
Sigurdsson
£25.3m

The facts are there. Debating about whether signings are successful or not is academic; the point is that those signings are actually made.

Shows how well Harry did huh

haha.

Have you taken into account the very real and rather scary possibility that the new owners might be terrible for the club? Hicks and Gillett at Liverpool, Glazers at United, chicken people at Blackburn just to name a few. Malaga thought they'd struck oil, but now they aren't paying their players or their taxes all of a sudden? So many ways for something like that to go completely tits up.

I disagree completely that owning and running a football club in a sensible way is "tinkling around".

Not looking at net spend seems laughable to me.

Liverpool sold Torres for £50m, Arsenal sold Nasri and Fabregas for even more than that...

I'm sure we could have sold Bale and Modric for £60m last summer then spent that money on players. All of a sudden we would have bought 4-5 players and upped our spend so that would be better?

Have you taken into account the very real and rather scary possibility that the new owners might be terrible for the club? Hicks and Gillett at Liverpool, Glazers at United, chicken people at Blackburn just to name a few. Malaga thought they'd struck oil, but now they aren't paying their players or their taxes all of a sudden? So many ways for something like that to go completely tits up.

I disagree completely that owning and running a football club in a sensible way is "tinkling around".

I'd happily take the risk.

Tottenham Hotspur aint ever gonna win the title while it's hamstrung by ENICs inability to display muscle in the transfer market. Look at the history; it's pitiful isn't it? That's the problem though.

Each to their own, but one mans "sensible" is another's lack of ambition.

Not looking at net spend seems laughable to me.

Liverpool sold Torres for £50m, Arsenal sold Nasri and Fabregas for even more than that...

I'm sure we could have sold Bale and Modric for £60m last summer then spent that money on players. All of a sudden we would have bought 4-5 players and upped our spend so that would be better?

Torres wasn't included in those figures; neither the acquisition of Carroll.

We're not buying players. Look at the facts: three players.

Loads of speculation though. Laughable really, considering that we never fudging buy anyone.

Tottenham Hotspur aint ever gonna win the title while it's hamstrung by ENICs inability to display muscle in the transfer market. Look at the history; it's pitiful isn't it? That's the problem though.

I'd prefer that the club is run sensibly and we still exist in 10-20 year, hell 100 years, rather than have similar experiences to Leeds, Rangers etc who were run very badly and spent way beyond their means

I'd prefer that the club is run sensibly and we still exist in 10-20 year, hell 100 years, rather than have similar experiences to Leeds, Rangers etc who were run very badly and spent way beyond their means

Plus you know exactly what would happen..

What? Chelsea and City overspent FFP? Yes, but they're heading in the right direction..

What? Spurs overspent FFP? Ban them from europe!...

We'll just have to disagree on what we wish for then.

You seem to think that it's somehow Enic's responsibility to sell the club to someone who will invest heavily. You must surely see that expecting them to seems somewhat unreasonable though?

Torres wasn't included in those figures; neither the acquisition of Carroll.

We're not buying players. Look at the facts: three players.

Loads of speculation though. Laughable really, considering that we never fudging buy anyone.

Would selling key players to then buy other players thus rising our spend (not net spend) make you happier?

This has been said so many times. We didn't invest much in players last season with the upcoming court case and England speculations surrounding Redknapp. In his first window Redknapp got around £45m to spend. In his second he got another £20m or thereabouts.

We have already signed two players this window! How we've done that while still qualifying in the "never fudging buy anyone" category is beyond me. That is as many as Arsenal and United and one more than Liverpool. It's also more than City, although I find the comparison with them and Chelsea ridiculous.

Back