• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Gaston-Ramirez.jpg

Hmm, no tattoos. Something's not right

Nah. That's like skipping to the end of a book.

When you see 5 pages since the last time you checked you're thinking new signing on the cards, yippeee! Premature itkulation.

but then you expect to see "Ade signs - OFFICIAL" so you know theres no signings! SPOILER!

edit - newbies - gotcha. ok i see what you mean, i will scroll through all the brick like you

23 days to go

Wonder whether Levy and AVB will soon put a deadline on the Modric deal? ie say to Real 'we need an agreement by [date] otherwise he stays'. Otherwise we risk being in a position where we sell a key player but despite having a pile of cash are unable to get a suitable replcaement in

23 days to go

Wonder whether Levy and AVB will soon put a deadline on the Modric deal? ie say to Real 'we need an agreement by [date] otherwise he stays'. Otherwise we risk being in a position where we sell a key player but despite having a pile of cash are unable to get a suitable replcaement in

they have prob done that already

they have prob done that already

If htey have of done I would have thought they would ahve leaked it. Makes us seem like the reasonable people in that we are being clear that we will sell to them but it needs to be done in time

Would hope that they would have delivered that message to Modric as well so that he knows we're being reasonable and then if the deal doesnt happen its Real's fault....and therefore hopefully Modric would knuckle down next season at Spurs. The fact that he didnt train suggests that he feels that we're holding him back

I think those were Arry contacts who have dried up - but the rest of their football material is scary

Greg Stobart (Goal)
Jason Burt (Telegraph)
Gary Jacob (Times)

are the journalists who seem to have genuine contacts/favour within the club that aren't tied to Redknapp.

Greg Stobart (Goal)
Jason Burt (Telegraph)
Gary Jacob (Times)

are the journalists who seem to have genuine contacts/favour within the club that aren't tied to Redknapp.

Duncan Castles seemed pretty clued up too

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/s...ppy-over-lack-of-signings-16190095.html?r=RSS

Mancini unhappy over lack of signings

And, ahead of the Blues' friendly with Arsenal in Beijing, Mancini, while not mentioning Marwood by name, made it clear where he feels the responsibility lies. "For this question, speak to the man in charge," Mancini told reporters at a press conference in the Chinese capital.

"I am not in charge of this. It is important [to get players quickly] because, after what we did last year, we must continue to win.

Inetersting.jpeg

Transfer windows for Spurs follow a very familiar pattern. At the very start, you are littered with a tsunami of 'ITK' info. But then it always goes quiet around mid-late July; their prophecies haven't come to pass, so they look a bit fudging stupid. Much arguing then takes place, between the down-right gullible and those who are not so easily duped.

Fear not though, the old cliché of 'many irons in the fire' will then surface and be the much agreed line from the 'ITKs' and this usually happens with between 10-14 days left of the window. It'll then be a brickstorm for approximately 48hrs, with many hilarious 'targets' mentioned. But then more silence - fudge, nothing is happening (...again!)

But patience guys, PATIENCE! There is to be a third coming of the brickstorm. Enter 30th August - the day before Judgement Day. Legendary day for trumpers, this one. Oh yes, this is the day when 'ITKs' toss themselves into an attention-seeking frenzy, knowing full well that - by this stage - Spurs fans are so fudging desperate to sign anyone, that they'll believe just about any brick which is put before them.

And then comes Sept 1st, aka Samaritan Day. Yes, Spurs fans, it's time to take your phones and ring for psychological help. The biggest anti-climax is upon you, and now you must swim around in your swimming pool of misery and depression. But remember the rule of thumb: even though we have the same problems in the squad at the time the window started, Daniel Levy is the bestest Chairman of all time and should actually be knighted.

Do you want to see him spend 150 million quid we don't have/find a way to borrow it? And the wages too? Who would YOU have as chairman, other than yourself of course...

He's a gypo so would feel right at home.

I know you won't believe me, but I actually find your robust, verbose insults and rage superbly entertaining! In fact, if you're old enough to remember a music paper called Melody Maker, they used to have a column called Mr Abusing. It was brilliant, complete with him having a section titled C**t Of The Week. Check it out as an archive on the web...if this comes across as rude, believe me, that isn't my intent...Just to further qualify, I don't think that the way a person posts here necessarily denotes how they are, as some people enjoy a bit of a rise and a bit of verbals, so again, I always see your posts as turning up the amplitude in that respect, even when you're slagging me off

**** of the week you say ?

perhaps that should be a new feature on the site - plenty of posters to choose from :lol:

Do you want to see him spend 150 million quid we don't have/find a way to borrow it? And the wages too? Who would YOU have as chairman, other than yourself of course...

Im firmly in the pro Levy camp. But however the problem lies with our inability to identify rough diamonds. I guess we were spoilt with signing the likes of Lennon, Hudd, Daws, Bale, Kaboul, Berbatov, Modric, BAE who were all signed during Jols Tenure. Right now our scouting system has only really produced Walker and Sandro in recent years; right now we need them to come up with some strikers and attacking midfielders for us.

Im firmly in the pro Levy camp. But however the problem lies with our inability to identify rough diamonds. I guess we were spoilt with signing the likes of Lennon, Hudd, Daws, Bale, Kaboul, Berbatov, Modric, BAE who were all signed during Jols Tenure. Right now our scouting system has only really produced Walker and Sandro in recent years; right now we need them to come up with some strikers and attacking midfielders for us.

How many of those players that you mention hit the ground running? Most of those players might have been signed during the Jol/Comolli era but they were mainly unreliable or poor during this time and it was only under Redknapp that they came through.

Back