• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Isaac Ross ‏@yross2012
Just told by a reliable source that Adebayor set to sign within a week#thfc.

How can you possibly enjoy something like 'blue and yellow' from a clown shoe who's been wrong more times than anyone can count?

So let me ask you this - are you completely fine with 'accepting' whatever flimflam these tossers throw at us (irrespective of how improbable and untrue it is) for the sake of entertainment?

Im completely fine with discussing the elements of flimflam that I think will make for an interesting conversation. Thats all, its really not difficult - I fail to see why you struggle with it.

Surely - you have to accept there are other kind of posters on here who refuse to be 'insulted' in that sort of manner from people who are barely legal to register on facebook.

I have no issue with posters being insulted by someone posting gossip. Its a bit sad that they might, but its their perogative.

I have issue with them actively ruining the thread for other users who do want to partake though.

Its a fairly obvious rule of thumb with forums, you dont HAVE to post in every thread - its usually better to post in just the threads you are interested in. That way, you are conversing with like minded people and not just spewing bile into areas that people were trying to enjoy.

Discussion in the transfer rumour thread is ruined by regurgitating obvious lies and treating as if there's an element of truth. What's the point of discussing the likelihood of Falcao joining us? Just as much chance of Ronaldo or Brock Lesnar joining.

I suggest a separate thread for "regular transfer discussion - no ITK", then all the haters can discuss who we should sign in there, or what the newspapers are writing about (what other sources of information do you have other than the socalled ITK to discuss this topic?).

I don't understand why people are so tinkled off about this. The clubs are secretive about their transfer proceedings, there aren't many good sources of information. Why do you at all want to discuss transfers if you don't want to discuss rumours? What are you then going to discuss? Who we should sign? Sure, you can do that, but there's not really a point to it, as I doubt AVB and Levy are reading this forum.

It should be simple, accept the rumours and join in the discussion, or hate them and stay out - what's the big deal?

Last edited:
Im completely fine with discussing the elements of flimflam that I think will make for an interesting conversation. Thats all, its really not difficult - I fail to see why you struggle with it.

I have no issue with posters being insulted by someone posting gossip. Its a bit sad that they might, but its their perogative.

I have issue with them actively ruining the thread for other users who do want to partake though.

Its a fairly obvious rule of thumb with forums, you dont HAVE to post in every thread - its usually better to post in just the threads you are interested in. That way, you are conversing with like minded people and not just spewing bile into areas that people were trying to enjoy.

Policing threads again? Here is another forum rule for you - not everyone subscirbes to your absolut-ist point of view and others might like to call flimflam ITK when they see such. People share different view-points and that's ultimately what makes this place different

No-one attacks the ITKs - it is their ridiculous ramblings which are questioned, analysed and 98% fot he time exposed as tripe - why is that so hard for you to accept there are posters out there who refuse to be numbed down to their level?

Many are interested in this thread and should be free to participate within the board rules - such as those who wish to discuss Messi's deployment under AVB's 4-3-2-1 and those who like to call the truly outrageous ITK out

They aren't short of money, although they have said that Willian can go for €20m.

interesting

does anybody know why the have so many brazilian players? Ilsinho is also there, would have thought that joke of a league would be a racist pit..

I suggest a separate thread for "regular transfer discussion - no ITK", then all the haters can discuss who we should sign in there, or what the newspapers are writing about (what other sources of information do you have other than the socalled ITK to discuss this topic?).

This was tried at the start of the window, but in the end the two conversations just started hopelessly overlapping.

The striker West Ham are throwing big money after is obviously Andy Carroll. Can't see him wanting to go there though.

Policing threads again? Here is another forum rule for you - not everyone subscirbes to your absolut-ist point of view and others might like to call flimflam ITK when they see such. People share different view-points and that's ultimately what makes this place different

No-one attacks the ITKs - it is their ridiculous ramblings which are questioned, analysed and 98% fot he time exposed as tripe - why is that so hard for you to accept there are posters out there who refuse to be numbed down to their level?

Many are interested in this thread and should be free to participate within the board rules - such as those who wish to discuss Messi's deployment under AVB's 4-3-2-1 and those who like to call the truly outrageous ITK out

The issue is that flimflam is called on everything. If you consider the ones that have gotten things right in the past, their hit rate is far bigger than 2% and those that are pure WUMs rarely post more than once or twice before they're found out.

The issue is that flimflam is called on everything. If you consider the ones that have gotten things right in the past, their hit rate is far bigger than 2% and those that are pure WUMs rarely post more than once or twice before they're found out.

flimflam.

To me it comes down to the following

- posters 'A' who like to pull up ITKs on some of their flimflam have no issue whatsoever with posters 'B' who like to take it with a pinch of salt, have fun time, etc.

- why can't it work the other way around?

Back