• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
€20m is a lot to spend on a goal keeper IMO, especially when realy we need to focus on the front line as a priority.

Real Madrid fans are saying something similar......40 mill is a lot to spend for a player whose position is already well catered for at Madrid.

Why the hell not? Its a hypothetical, a "what if?" - what is a forum for debate for if not discussing such things for interest?

Or are you now trying to decree only FACTS can be discussed?

Real Madrid fans are saying something similar......40 mill is a lot to spend for a player whose position is already well catered for at Madrid.

Its a fair point. Perhaps Mourinho has a master plan, with Modric the centre of it, and so its worth the spend. Hard to say that around a GK, its not like they do anything but keep goal

Transfer windows for Spurs follow a very familiar pattern. At the very start, you are littered with a tsunami of 'ITK' info. But then it always goes quiet around mid-late July; their prophecies haven't come to pass, so they look a bit fudging stupid. Much arguing then takes place, between the down-right gullible and those who are not so easily duped.

Fear not though, the old cliché of 'many irons in the fire' will then surface and be the much agreed line from the 'ITKs' and this usually happens with between 10-14 days left of the window. It'll then be a brickstorm for approximately 48hrs, with many hilarious 'targets' mentioned. But then more silence - fudge, nothing is happening (...again!)

But patience guys, PATIENCE! There is to be a third coming of the brickstorm. Enter 30th August - the day before Judgement Day. Legendary day for trumpers, this one. Oh yes, this is the day when 'ITKs' toss themselves into an attention-seeking frenzy, knowing full well that - by this stage - Spurs fans are so fudging desperate to sign anyone, that they'll believe just about any brick which is put before them.

And then comes Sept 1st, aka Samaritan Day. Yes, Spurs fans, it's time to take your phones and ring for psychological help. The biggest anti-climax is upon you, and now you must swim around in your swimming pool of misery and depression. But remember the rule of thumb: even though we have the same problems in the squad at the time the window started, Daniel Levy is the bestest Chairman of all time and should actually be knighted.

Why the hell not? Its a hypothetical, a "what if?" - what is a forum for debate for if not discussing such things for interest?

Or are you now trying to decree only FACTS can be discussed?

Not only facts - but not unrealstic flimflam which will NEVER happened either. That's cringeworthy at best.

As for facts - the reference was made to ITKs whose dribblings have been found out to be untrue on numerous occasions - i.e. any foundation for credibility has been eroded hence no debate can be built upon it

You see - this is exactly what I made reference to earlier - now how the fudge are we supposed to

- appraise that
- respect that 'person'
- form a semi-intelligent discussion around it
- refrain from agression

?

Who said anything about respecting the ITK? Im talking about respecting your fellow posters.
If someone can find a reasonable explanation of who the target is then great, lets talk about it.
Why the need for aggression at all?! Its a discusssion forum, not a boxing club

Transfer windows for Spurs follow a very familiar pattern. At the very start, you are littered with a tsunami of 'ITK' info. But then it always goes quiet around mid-late July; their prophecies haven't come to pass, so they look a bit fudging stupid. Much arguing then takes place, between the down-right gullible and those who are not so easily duped.

Fear not though, the old cliché of 'many irons in the fire' will then surface and be the much agreed line from the 'ITKs' and this usually happens with between 10-14 days left of the window. It'll then be a brickstorm for approximately 48hrs, with many hilarious 'targets' mentioned. But then more silence - fudge, nothing is happening (...again!)

But patience guys, PATIENCE! There is to be a third coming of the brickstorm. Enter 30th August - the day before Judgement Day. Legendary day for trumpers, this one. Oh yes, this is the day when 'ITKs' toss themselves into an attention-seeking frenzy, knowing full well that - by this stage - Spurs fans are so fudging desperate to sign anyone, that they'll believe just about any brick which is put before them.

And then comes Sept 1st, aka Samaritan Day. Yes, Spurs fans, it's time to take your phones and ring for psychological help. The biggest anti-climax is upon you, and now you must swim around in your swimming pool of misery and depression. But remember the rule of thumb: even though we have the same problems in the squad at the time the window started, Daniel Levy is the bestest Chairman of all time and should actually be knighted.

You have been few this a few times :ross:

Who said anything about respecting the ITK? Im talking about respecting your fellow posters.
If someone can find a reasonable explanation of who the target is then great, lets talk about it.
Why the need for aggression at all?! Its a discusssion forum, not a boxing club

I'm not referring to posters but ITKs - and the abuse they've received. Not sure how you've now turned this into something personal

There is NO reasonable explanation to who the target is

There is NO target

It is MADE UP flimflam

€20m is a lot to spend on a goal keeper IMO, especially when realy we need to focus on the front line as a priority.

Depends. If we havent got the money for a €20m Gk plus the CFs then I agree

However if we have got the money and if AVB rates Lloris, then €20m (ie £16m) isnt a big price at all to pay for an established international GK with a mjor country and has 37 caps despite being just 25 years old. In fact, when you consider what ManU paid for De Gea and what it would cost to sign say Pepe Reina or a decent English GK (if there was one) then £16m is a pretty decent price I think, again if AVB rates him

Not only facts - but not unrealstic flimflam which will NEVER happened either. That's cringeworthy at best.

As for facts - the reference was made to ITKs whose dribblings have been found out to be untrue on numerous occasions - i.e. any foundation for credibility has been eroded hence no debate can be built upon it

Then you completely miss the point. What does credibility have to do with it at all?

As an aside, how many ITK do we have on this forum? Are Aquayid, JJetSet etc regular posters? I dont believe so. People who frequent SC and the like copy it in here as a point of interest.

So stamping your feet and slagging that post achieves what exactly? Is JJetSet going to be mortally wounded? More likely he is completely unaware and the only people seeing the negative effects are those opening the thread to try and enjoy it.

Depends. If we havent got the money for a €20m Gk plus the CFs then I agree

However if we have got the money and if AVB rates Lloris, then €20m (ie £16m) isnt a big price at all to pay for an established international GK with a mjor country and has 37 caps despite being just 25 years old. In fact, when you consider what ManU paid for De Gea and what it would cost to sign say Pepe Reina or a decent English GK (if there was one) then £16m is a pretty decent price I think, again if AVB rates him

Regardless I think its a lot of money, but if its a reasonable deal then so be it. Im not used to GK being so expensive!

My thinking is more though around us having a finite budget and bigger priorities than GK bascially...

As I ve just pointed out. We dont have ITK, we have posters. Slagging off an ITK achieves one thing, ruining the experience for other posters.

ITKs are posters - their rumblings are pasted from other forums

Pointing out using fairly basic logic the sheer absurdness of factually improbability of their posts is not ruining the experience of others, imv - if anything - it prevents the more guillable from being branwashed by the toss-fest propaganda into believeing something which isn't true and will never happen at THFC

Then you completely miss the point. What does credibility have to do with it at all?

As an aside, how many ITK do we have on this forum? Are Aquayid, JJetSet etc regular posters? I dont believe so. People who frequent SC and the like copy it in here as a point of interest.

So stamping your feet and slagging that post achieves what exactly? Is JJetSet going to be mortally wounded? More likely he is completely unaware and the only people seeing the negative effects are those opening the thread to try and enjoy it.

How can you possibly enjoy something like 'blue and yellow' from a clown shoe who's been wrong more times than anyone can count?

So let me ask you this - are you completely fine with 'accepting' whatever flimflam these tossers throw at us (irrespective of how improbable and untrue it is) for the sake of entertainment?

Surely - you have to accept there are other kind of posters on here who refuse to be 'insulted' in that sort of manner from people who are barely legal to register on facebook.

WpVJ0.png

POTL isn't every ITK out there.

They're all as bad as each other. There was a stage where i gave Jjetset the benefit of the doubt and actually defended him but after that utter farce last week i've realised he's just as bad tbh. Pathetic bunch of clowns the lot of them (POTL being the biggest farce of them all of course).

Back