• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Brad was on Talkbrick thios morning, superb interview.

Said he didn't care if he was 1st or 3rd choicem he was a paid professional and he would do his utmost. Also said that when he came in he was told we would be signing a long term replacement and we would be stupid if we didn't!!

Almost brought a tear to my eye!!

I've developed a real soft spot for Brad. Comes across as an intelligent, level-headed bloke. Quite a rarity amongst footballers.

I think if Rodgers doesn't think Carroll would fit into his system then AVB certainly wouldn't either, they may have slightly different ways of playing but it will be largely the same.

Adebayor update from Galahad:

"DL and ade agreed wages. Sticking point is the fee. We're offering 5m. City have come down a bit but still a gap of a couple of million. We can afford to pay what they're asking, and they can afford to take what we're offering, so we're hopeful that a compromise can be reached soon."

Not Really anything to do with transfers..

However the Rawkites believe that Saudi Sportswashing Machine have a 25% sell on fee clause with Andy Carroll.

Man did Liverpool get royally screwed.

0.jpg

I think if Rodgers doesn't think Carroll would fit into his system then AVB certainly wouldn't either, they may have slightly different ways of playing but it will be largely the same.

Rodgers aspires to be Barcelona. Carroll wouldnt work there.

I think AVB aspire to win. I can well see Carroll working in a very similar fashion to Falcao in his Porto days.

Do you have the direct quote?

no, it was mentioned on talksport by their reporter who was at the press conference. This info seems to belost amongst all the other more important snippets from the conference being reported by all the media.

no, it was mentioned on talksport by their reporter who was at the press conference. This info seems to belost amongst all the other more important snippets from the conference being reported by all the media.

Just wish we had a direct quote, sometimes these things get reported one way and what he actually said could have been interpreted different ways. Talksport doesn't exactly have the best reputation anyway. Will just have to wait and see then I suppose...

apparently he told the media he is very happy with the 4 keepers at the club already

WHAT? WTF? WHATTTTT?

but what about the Sweeper keeper superdooper FM cheat tactic that was so vital to the way we were going to play under AVB's new style? people were saying it was vital we'd get this sweeper keeper as Brad just doesn't fit in (and he's old too).

SERIOUS RELEGATION FEARS.

Rodgers aspires to be Barcelona. Carroll wouldnt work there.

I think AVB aspire to win. I can well see Carroll working in a very similar fashion to Falcao in his Porto days.

Well AVB doesn't. If you were head coach of Spurs and you were planning on buying Carroll, I'd be the first one starting the nayimfromthehalfwayline out!!!!! thread. :p

If all AVB had to say on the matter of keepers was that he is happy with those already at the club, then that just sounds to me like a typical straight bat, give-nothing-away response.

It doesn't mean that we aren't negotiating with Lyon / LLoris.

AVB today said he is not interested in Lloris.

It's all paper talk so far without any quotes so perhaps AVB plans to work on Brad's SWEEPER KEEPER skills.

If all AVB had to say on the matter of keepers was that he is happy with those already at the club, then that just sounds to me like a typical straight bat, give-nothing-away response.

It doesn't mean that we aren't negotiating with Lyon / LLoris.

Lloris would be a bit of a coup for Spurs so I can imagine the word from Levy is like you say to deflect any questions with standard responses.

Last edited:
Back