• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If all AVB had to say on the matter of keepers was that he is happy with those already at the club, then that just sounds to me like a typical straight bat, give-nothing-away response.

It doesn't mean that we aren't negotiating with Lyon / LLoris.

Agree. I'd be gob-smacked if we werent looking to get another keeper in to complete with Big Bad Brad

If all AVB had to say on the matter of keepers was that he is happy with those already at the club, then that just sounds to me like a typical straight bat, give-nothing-away response.

It doesn't mean that we aren't negotiating with Lyon / LLoris.

maybe we were but have decided to pull out of negotiations

maybe he is happy with Friedel, Cudicini and Gomes for the season ahead after observing them in training. The 13 mill for Lloris can be used to strengthen elsewhere instead

maybe we were but have decided to pull out of negotiations

maybe he is happy with Friedel, Cudicini and Gomes for the season ahead after observing them in training. The 13 mill for Lloris can be used to strengthen elsewhere instead

Maybe.

I'm just saying that, until we've heard exactly how the question was phrased and exactly how AVB answered it, I don't think we're any clearer on the matter than we were before.

Gomes and Cudicini??

Both are past their sell by date. CC has looked like an old man when hes played in the last couple years and you'll never know with BF when its 'one season too many' until you're in the middle of that season! THerefore you need a viable replacement on hand. We dont have that person at the moment

Both are past their sell by date. CC has looked like an old man when hes played in the last couple years and you'll never know with BF when its 'one season too many' until you're in the middle of that season! THerefore you need a viable replacement on hand. We dont have that person at the moment

i dont think Gomes is past his sell by date at all....he is a fine keeper, still plenty to offer, and just because of a few high profile gaffes (something he has always had in his career) i dont think it makes him ready for the scrapheap

De Gea, Reina, Chesney and a few others all made glaring gaffes last season but they are still around at their clubs.

He was pretty honest about Modric, Moutinho and Carroll. Why would he not be with Lloris?

Quite possibly because the negotiations for Lloris are at a far more sensitive stage and more in the balance than those for Ade and Mouthinho?

No problem being honest about Carroll if we genuinely have no interest in him.

As to Luka, it's hardly a secret that he wants to leave and that a number of clubs have expressed an interest. So he wasn't giving anything away there.

Gomes is too much of a confidence player and as a Keeper you have nowhere to hide when you alone drop the ball. When it goes well for him he is great, but a couple of errors will lead to his form falling off a cliff, it's just the way he is.

Can we also remember he can't kick, drops quicker than Ashley Young when an opponent makes contact, and results to daft long throws that often get intercepted because he has no confidence in his kicking.

Heurelho+Gomes

I do like the guy though and would be happy for him to stick around the club.

Ian Abrahams ‏@Moose_talkSPORT
At Spurs new state of the art training ground and all I can say is WOW what an unbelievable facility

#Inter sporting director Marco Branca reportedly on his way to London to discuss Julio Cesar with both #Spurs & #Arsenal representatives.

#Inter sporting director Marco Branca reportedly on his way to London to discuss Julio Cesar with both #Spurs & #Arsenal representatives.

5 Serie A titles and 3 Italian Cups in 7 years, he must be doing something right. Would still prefer a younger keeper though.

Back