• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So with the upcoming season we could end up with Lloris, Vertonghen, Moutinho, Adebayor, Sigurdsson all signing. That would be crazy

Hazard to Chelsea for £35 million.

Kalou to Lille for free.

Who's got the best deal? No question about it for me.

I don't.

His season at Saudi Sportswashing Machine showed him to be incredibly prolific but incredibly limited in equal doses. Scores a bagful if he is the focal point of the attack, moved out wider and scores none? 1? not sure. Cisse became the central striker and scored a load instead.

This suggests that Saudi Sportswashing Machine's midfield is the true star, laying on chance after chance (plus, of course, the crazy goals they scored by themselves!). It also suggests that unless Ba is the central striker that everything goes through he doesn't get into the positions from elsewhere to score.

but for 7 mill, a striker who for 2 different clubs has proved he can perform in the Premier League?? I do think he is worth taking a chance on. (waiting for someone, most likely GB, to come and say Ba is a career threatening injury timebomb waiting to explode. Funny in all thses years nothing serious has happened to him:-k )

but for 7 mill, a striker who for 2 different clubs has proved he can perform in the Premier League?? I do think he is worth taking a chance on. (waiting for someone, most likely GB, to come and say Ba is a career threatening injury timebomb waiting to explode. Funny in all thses years nothing serious has happened to him:-k )

True, but you just know if he signed for us it would happen. :|

So with the upcoming season we could end up with Lloris, Vertonghen, Moutinho, Adebayor, Sigurdsson all signing. That would be crazy

I reckon we could probably get another highly rated forward too, as well as some highly promising younger players to beef up the options of the squad. Would be a fantastic summer and I can see it happening.

Imagine if Modric stayed too.

Would love to know just how much we have to spend, it varies between every report so its a guessing game.

If the club has someone better suited in mind - considering the Adebayor deal is practically done - then they won't be looking for someone limited to one forward role. They will go for a versatile player who can play wider of a 3 as well as through the middle, it's why Sturridge has been linked. Remy before him. Hulk at Chelsea. These are all versatile players and Ba isn't.

Finding 'value' shouldn't be the priority, finding a player to fit the role should be.

I reckon we could probably get another highly rated forward too, as well as some highly promising younger players to beef up the options of the squad. Would be a fantastic summer and I can see it happening.

Yep I do think we need to 2 CFs in this summer - going into a new season with just Ade, Defoe, VdV and kids is too risky if you ask me

West Ham are rumoured to be interested in Modibo Maiga, who failed a medical at Saudi Sportswashing Machine with a heart condition.

Swansea City FC @SwansOfficial

We are delighted to announce the signing of Spanish defender José Manuel Flores from Genoa for £2m

Sky Sports @SkySports

Sky Sports understands Leeds are poised to sign Paddy Kenny after striking a deal with QPR

GBs usual line is that Levy would never do it because he wouldnt be able to insure the player.

Personally I think he looks like an excellent addition for the squad

If we signed Moutinho and Modric stayed, it'd be strange indeed. Moutinho, van der Vaart, Sigurdsson and Modric all to fit in the team

I don't.

His season at Saudi Sportswashing Machine showed him to be incredibly prolific but incredibly limited in equal doses. Scores a bagful if he is the focal point of the attack, moved out wider and scores none? 1? not sure. Cisse became the central striker and scored a load instead.

This suggests that Saudi Sportswashing Machine's midfield is the true star, laying on chance after chance (plus, of course, the crazy goals they scored by themselves!). It also suggests that unless Ba is the central striker that everything goes through he doesn't get into the positions from elsewhere to score.

Disagree completely, to me he proved himself to be the opposite of limited.

Played very well as the out and out striker for both West Ham and Saudi Sportswashing Machine, proved himself to be a good finisher and have many other qualities you want from a striker. Saudi Sportswashing Machine then signed Cisse who to me is the limited one of the two so he had to play as the out and out striker, they moved Ba to a wider position and he showed that he can play a supporting (almost) equally as well. He worked hard, created chances, linked up play and was a real problem for many defenders. Ok so his scoring rate was poor, but in relatively few games that doesn't bother me one bit when he has already shown what a good finisher he is.

His fitness and the potential ACN problems are the only real issues imo.

If we signed Moutinho and Modric stayed, it'd be strange indeed. Moutinho, van der Vaart, Sigurdsson and Modric all to fit in the team

If that were to happen I just can't see VDV staying.

It certainly is a massive transitional period for the club. I for one am very excited.

If that were to happen I just can't see VDV staying.

It certainly is a massive transitional period for the club. I for one am very excited.

Definitely. Although with signing Sigurdsson on the cheap, it wouldn't surprise me if he's used the way Kranjcar was (not ENTIRELY but sub and occasional starts).

I am hoping however with AVB being that tactical guy who studies teams, he plays certain players against certain teams to really get at the oppositions weaknesses.

Disagree completely, to me he proved himself to be the opposite of limited.

Played very well as the out and out striker for both West Ham and Saudi Sportswashing Machine, proved himself to be a good finisher and have many other qualities you want from a striker. Saudi Sportswashing Machine then signed Cisse who to me is the limited one of the two so he had to play as the out and out striker, they moved Ba to a wider position and he showed that he can play a supporting (almost) equally as well. He worked hard, created chances, linked up play and was a real problem for many defenders. Ok so his scoring rate was poor, but in relatively few games that doesn't bother me one bit when he has already shown what a good finisher he is.

His fitness and the potential ACN problems are the only real issues imo.

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=49737&season_id=141

Look at post Jan, when he was moved out wider. I know it's *just* goals. Maybe it is an ACN hangover, too.

Assuming it's a 4-3-3 with Adebayor in the middle and Bale on the left, we should be looking at someone for the right that will assist and score to the same level as both of those (EA and GB). Ba, on this, with his ACN and injury threat does not fit the bill.

Back