• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jordinho.. right now, your my board hero. Thanks for posting all the stuff you get of the internetz.

It really is appreeiciated.

I do realise that, but you saying you are sure is just as valid as me saying I am not. I gave examples of other types that would be better suited. Just don't think ba is suited.

:) of course

of the examples you gave, id say Sturridge is best however i doubt Chelsea will sell him to us. Remy im not sure about, will cost between 16-20 mill and a few french football followers say that he is best as a centre forward. He is not at all effective when played in any other position across the front line

Sturridge really would be ideal

Of course. But this 'for the price...' stuff shouldn't be the priority, there is a world of players out there and we don't have to limit ourselves to Prem players. This isn't Redknapp's Spurs any more. We can look for the ideal fit, I don't think it is Ba.

Cost will always be one of the major factors deciding our transfers. Especially when we are competing with clubs with clearly bigger turnovers than us. We will continue to look for great deals where the player only has a year left on his contract (like Vertonghen), where the player wants to leave or is unwanted/underrated at this current club (like Sigurdsson) or has some other reason that his cost will be lower than other players at his level.

There are many players in the world, there might be a perfect fit out there somewhere. There are very few strikers who combine a good physique, including a bit of height and pace with good finishing and link-up play at a Premiership level though. Very few.

POTL R.E Lloris;

Can confirm now in discussions regarding transfer, AVB believes he will be the #1 for years to come, buys into Daniel's philosophy of buying for now and the future as the player is only 25, and obviously Brad can't go on forever and Carlo as the #2 obviously is nearing the end of his career. Not much more to add at this stage.

POTL

POTL R.E Lloris;

Can confirm now in discussions regarding transfer, AVB believes he will be the #1 for years to come, buys into Daniel's philosophy of buying for now and the future as the player is only 25, and obviously Brad can't go on forever and Carlo as the #2 obviously is nearing the end of his career. Not much more to add at this stage.

POTL

Talk about stating the obvious. POTL really is struggling for anything useful to add to the world of ITK at present.

this would be a good signing a a fcuk you to Oscar and his agents

ARSENAL and Tottenham are set to scramble for Barcelona playmaker Ibrahim Afellay after the Spanish club announced he would be put on the market.
The two Premiership clubs have shown interest in the Dutchman but as of now Barcelona have not wanted to sell him.

Now in a bid to raise funds for Jordi Alba and Javier Martinez, Barcelona are hoping to offload Afellay and Adriano.

Barcelona is expected to accept bids for Afellay of around £6million opening the door to both Arsenal and Spurs.

North London duo Arsenal and Tottenham are both long-term admirers of the player, with Gunners skipper Robin van Persie enjoying a close personal relationship, while Spurs have twice failed with loan-to-buy offers in recent years.

this would be a good signing a a fcuk you to Oscar and his agents

ARSENAL and Tottenham are set to scramble for Barcelona playmaker Ibrahim Afellay after the Spanish club announced he would be put on the market.
The two Premiership clubs have shown interest in the Dutchman but as of now Barcelona have not wanted to sell him.

Now in a bid to raise funds for Jordi Alba and Javier Martinez, Barcelona are hoping to offload Afellay and Adriano.

Barcelona is expected to accept bids for Afellay of around £6million opening the door to both Arsenal and Spurs.

North London duo Arsenal and Tottenham are both long-term admirers of the player, with Gunners skipper Robin van Persie enjoying a close personal relationship, while Spurs have twice failed with loan-to-buy offers in recent years.

Unlikely to go to Arsenal then.. :lol:

I don't.

His season at Saudi Sportswashing Machine showed him to be incredibly prolific but incredibly limited in equal doses. Scores a bagful if he is the focal point of the attack, moved out wider and scores none? 1? not sure. Cisse became the central striker and scored a load instead.

This suggests that Saudi Sportswashing Machine's midfield is the true star, laying on chance after chance (plus, of course, the crazy goals they scored by themselves!). It also suggests that unless Ba is the central striker that everything goes through he doesn't get into the positions from elsewhere to score.

Ummm that's what tends to happen when you're playing centrally and then moved to a wide position. The goals dry up so i really don't see how this proves anything at all except he scores more goals centrally then when he plays out wide (like 99.9% of footballers).

Cost will always be one of the major factors deciding our transfers. Especially when we are competing with clubs with clearly bigger turnovers than us. We will continue to look for great deals where the player only has a year left on his contract (like Vertonghen), where the player wants to leave or is unwanted/underrated at this current club (like Sigurdsson) or has some other reason that his cost will be lower than other players at his level.

There are many players in the world, there might be a perfect fit out there somewhere. There are very few strikers who combine a good physique, including a bit of height and pace with good finishing and link-up play at a Premiership level though. Very few.

It depends on who is paying! 8) And there is a clear distinction between a great deal for an unwanted/underrated player and a lazy bargain signing. Some can both a bargain and an underrated, which may be Demba Ba. But this sounds so much like Harry's philosophy to choosing players. Ones who have been at West Ham, he had at Portsmouth, or old pros like Neville and Nelson. Villas-Boas and his team are football nerds, they will have a broader outlook than Harry. I'm sure of it.

if Ba is the one, then so be it.. but I hope the club look far and wide before deciding. If they do, I doubt it will be Ba they sign.

Ummm that's what tends to happen when you're playing centrally and then moved to a wide position. The goals dry up so i really don't see how this proves anything at all except he scores more goals centrally then when he plays out wide (like 99.9% of footballers).

Thanks for repeating what I said. Even you can't fail to grasp the point I have been making, I won't bother repeating it.

So in the coming days we could announce Adebayor, Moutinho and Lloris!? 1 more striker and we are lookin very good indeed.

Also think if GDS stays AVB could be the man to squeeze out that talent he shows for Mexico and he could feel like a new signing.

Is this what we are looking at:

Bale.......Adebayor......VdV*

....Modric*........Sigurddson
...............Parker

BAE...Kaboul..Vertoghen..Walker

.................Lloris

* denotes this player or replacement

So in the coming days we could announce Adebayor, Moutinho and Lloris!? 1 more striker and we are lookin very good indeed.

Also think if GDS stays AVB could be the man to squeeze out that talent he shows for Mexico and he could feel like a new signing.

but AVB has not stopped GDS from talking to other clubs about moving. That doesnt sound like a manager who wants a player to stay and get more out of him

I think AVB wants him out and has his own ideas about who he wants to complete his attacking line up

Thanks for repeating what I said. Even you can't fail to grasp the point I have been making, I won't bother repeating it.

I grasp your ridiculous 'point' that you think you're making (very ineffectively may i add). Did you watch Saudi Sportswashing Machine games? ask a Saudi Sportswashing Machine fan and i'd say about 90% would be happy with the job he did out left even if that isn't his natural position. How exactly are you judging his performances out wide because it seems like you're judging it on goals and not much else.

If we signed Ba i very much doubt it's to play as the RWF anyway. We'd be buying him to play centrally (which is where he thrives) so it really doesn't matter how he performs out wide much.

To be fair - Ba played in a 4-4-2 in about 50% of the games in the second part of the season (i.e. alongside pin-up fanboy YouTube wonder-goal sensation Cisse)

Back