• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Im quite sure he is a taco. Wasnt it him who broke Taylors jaw at Saudi Sportswashing Machine? He is a volatile character. Which makes me think there could be non footballing reasons to want him out

These people only seem to be tacos when they're in the wrong environment. I don't recall many players no matter what their reputations coming to Spurs and really misbehaving. Not to mention we could do with a bully like him up top, but doubt that would compliment AVBs style.....

BackPage. @BackPage

Juventus have also opened talks with Fiorentina striker Stefan Jovetic, a target for Arsenal & Liverpool

French reports suggest that Arsenal will table a £9.5mil bid for Etienne Capoue

Chelsea will once again turn their interest back to Porto winger Hulk, after they finalize a deal for Oscar

Fiorentina claim they have not made a bid for Marouane Chamakh

L'Equipe: Tottenham have opened talks with Hugo Lloris

Liverpool & Tottenham will both rival Arsenal to the signing of Caen striker M'Baye Niang

AC Milan are the latest club to express an interest in City left back Aleksander Kolarov

Stoke have handed 2-year scholarships to 13 members of the Liverpool & Manchester United youth systems

Probably get flack for this, but I think he was my first ever 50 goal a year striker on fm...

I'd pay up to 15m

He's only 23 after all

Ade in 29 in Feb

ahhh, like your other 'favourite' BAE is 29 next March

actually, Ade will be 28 next Feb, and for a potential 5 million versus upwards of 15 mill for Carroll, i know who id want to invest in and it certainly isnt the beer swilling, cart horse running Liverpool striker

actually, Ade will be 28 next Feb, and for a potential 5 million versus upwards of 15 mill for Carroll, i know who id want to invest in and it certainly isnt the beer swilling, cart horse running Liverpool striker

Ade will be 29 in Feb. By the way - where is this 5m figure coming from? Twitter? Personally, I can't imagine City selling him for anything under 12-15m

Ade will be 29 in Feb. By the way - where is this 5m figure coming from? Twitter? Personally, I can't imagine City selling him for anything under 12-15m

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...tenham-to-help-bring-in-Robin-van-Persie.html

'Emirates Marketing Project hope to seal the signature of Robin van Persie by selling Emmanuel Adebayor to Tottenham for £5million.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...et-6m-Tottenham-switch.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

'Spurs close in on £6m Adebayor as they prepare to make striker highest earner in club's history'

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jul/09/emmanuel-adebayor-deal-tottenham

'Tottenham believe that they can secure the signature of Adebayor for £5m, although they may have to pay a slightly higher fee, and they are close to a compromise over his salary demands.'

Plus various other itk's that i cba to go back and find. They want him off their wage bill, no way can they demand 12-15m. We'd just say no.

Not quotes in those articles. Anyways - I simply think there might be other clubs who'd be willing to pay more and pay him more - i.e. Malaga, PSG, Lazio, Roma, etc.

It could be that Rodgers just doesnt fancy him. Could be that he has caused trouble last season and they want him out for non-football reasons (he has a history of trouble!). Could be they have big plans for Borini and Suarez and so Carroll just doesnt fit.

Essentially, could be a whole host of reasons!

I reckon it's that although Rodgers thinks he's a good player he thinks he won't flourish in his system. ;)

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...tenham-to-help-bring-in-Robin-van-Persie.html

'Emirates Marketing Project hope to seal the signature of Robin van Persie by selling Emmanuel Adebayor to Tottenham for £5million.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...et-6m-Tottenham-switch.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

'Spurs close in on £6m Adebayor as they prepare to make striker highest earner in club's history'

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jul/09/emmanuel-adebayor-deal-tottenham

'Tottenham believe that they can secure the signature of Adebayor for £5m, although they may have to pay a slightly higher fee, and they are close to a compromise over his salary demands.'

Plus various other itk's that i cba to go back and find. They want him off their wage bill, no way can they demand 12-15m. We'd just say no.

Did you know he donates a large % of his salary to charity? he has a foundation in Togo that builds hospitals, schools and orphanages. It's where he's spent his summer break. They have recently opened a new school and hospital. His group built a big house in Lome and turned it into an orphanage last year.

i still say Demba Ba for 7 mill is terrific value in todays market.....

True but he apparently loved it at Spurs, has openly said that he wants to come back and hopes a deal but be reached. I think as long as we can sort his wage demands out by paying him weekly under our structure and by giving him a signing on fee to replace the missed weekly revenue he would jump at the chance of coming back.

Then again he's a footballer so who the hell knows.

The actual price for Ade will be a pretty complicated calculation worked out by actuaries or accountants who'll assess the cost/benefit to Emirates Marketing Project in terms of actual transfer fee, saved wages, length of contract, bonuses due and various other bits and bobs. Similarly, from Spurs end, it'll be worked out as a combination of signing-on fee + transfer fee + + wages + sundries.

All very technical, but when it shakes down the net result will be all-in package that is the book equivalent to a "normal" transfer fee for a player of his ability and age - £10m or £12m or whatever.

i still say Demba Ba for 7 mill is terrific value in todays market.....

I don't.

His season at Saudi Sportswashing Machine showed him to be incredibly prolific but incredibly limited in equal doses. Scores a bagful if he is the focal point of the attack, moved out wider and scores none? 1? not sure. Cisse became the central striker and scored a load instead.

This suggests that Saudi Sportswashing Machine's midfield is the true star, laying on chance after chance (plus, of course, the crazy goals they scored by themselves!). It also suggests that unless Ba is the central striker that everything goes through he doesn't get into the positions from elsewhere to score.

Back