• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Im not sure it matters to be honest. Ive always had the sense with Harry that if you are in the team you are one of the boys, if you arent you might as well not exist. Wouldnt be at all surprised if the "division" was simply between those in contention and those not...

De Bruyne, McEachran and Romeu will most likely go on loan.

Essien, Mikel, Ramires and Meireles for the defensive midfield spots.

Mata, Hazard, Oscar, Marin and Lampard to fight for the spots behind Torres.

Malouda, Benayoun, Sturridge and Lampard all have only one year left on their contracts.

Besides Torres they only have Sturridge and Lukaku. This is the position that they should be most concerned about.

Yeah fair enough, I guess it may be a good move for him, he will get a chance to get game time if he's say 4th choice and maybe that's good for him to not have pressure of being first choice for CL winners when he's only 20.

And if we have pulled out, it's not really any big deal. It's only a vital position if Modric goes, we can't get Moutinho and if there aren't many other good creative players out there, or players that can play in a wide-forward role. And for 170k a week, it really isn't a big deal at all.

If he wants a striker that is only present on the field to score goals, then why sign Ade?

Okay, he scored a few decent goals and wrapped up 17 total, but his finishing is horrible at times! And why can he suddenly not head the ball?
I remember he scored quite a few goals on his head for Le Arse...but for us? 1-2?

Genuinely I believe he can do the job just fine - with the added benefit he can offer more besides.

Ade is a streaky player IMO, get him a few goals in the position of "pure goalscorer" and he will knock in 10 in 12 games. He had a 30 goal season at Arsenal dont forget (in a 433...)

I'm simply passing on information here. Steven Pienaar did some training with a local team in South Africa (to keep fit, no itk crap) and told one of the coaches I know (known him for 15 years) that there were major divisions in the squad at Spurs (last season). Make of that what you will.

Pienaar ---------------------------------------------------- Everyone else

Im not sure it matters to be honest. Ive always had the sense with Harry that if you are in the team you are one of the boys, if you arent you might as well not exist. Wouldnt be at all surprised if the "division" was simply between those in contention and those not...

this and also the possibility of a camp who liked Redknapp's easy training methods, and those who wanted much more input and work done on the training pitch

there were rumours at the end of last season of a group of players who informed Levy about their concerns about the lack of tactical and physical preparation for games

Chelsea are basically trying to have two top players plus one promising youngster for each spot. Everyone signing on know what they're getting into and they get paid enough to be able to deal with it.

Fair enough, I must admit I have been impressed with Carroll's ability in tight spaces to be honest, but if Rodgers doesn't seem to be then I guess he's in a good place to judge too. Maybe there's some aspect of his system that means Carroll isn't the ideal striker for it.

It could be that Rodgers just doesnt fancy him. Could be that he has caused trouble last season and they want him out for non-football reasons (he has a history of trouble!). Could be they have big plans for Borini and Suarez and so Carroll just doesnt fit.

Essentially, could be a whole host of reasons!

It could be that Rodgers just doesnt fancy him. Could be that he has caused trouble last season and they want him out for non-football reasons (he has a history of trouble!). Could be they have big plans for Borini and Suarez and so Carroll just doesnt fit.

Essentially, could be a whole host of reasons!

You forget the Pony tail. Probably the most important issue tbh. He looks like a taco.

Im quite sure he is a taco. Wasnt it him who broke Taylors jaw at Saudi Sportswashing Machine? He is a volatile character. Which makes me think there could be non footballing reasons to want him out

I'd pay up to 15m

He's only 23 after all

Ade in 29 in Feb

15m for carroll, 5m(ish) for ade.

There would be no reason we couldn't have both.

Alas i fear this is a futile discussion really as i do not believe liverpool would ever sell him to us..

Edit: the 5m for ade is coming from the price we are touted as paying for him from the media/ITK. The caroll one is tricky, Can't really see liverpool making much back on him tbh..

A longer quote from BR on Carroll + video:

Rodgers said: “It’s something I would have to look at, I have to be honest.

“Sometimes a player going out on loan can benefit the club in the long term. It gets them game experience and they come back a better player.

“Andy’s strengths are clear to me and his goal for England in the Euros typifies his strengths.

“There’s no doubt he’s a very, very good player. But like every player, there are certain styles and systems in which they will flourish.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...rroll-told-to-prove-himself-at-Liverpool.html

Confirms he's only spoken to him on phone.

BR comes across well, as we'd expect I suppose.

BackPage. @BackPage

Juventus have also opened talks with Fiorentina striker Stefan Jovetic, a target for Arsenal & Liverpool

French reports suggest that Arsenal will table a £9.5mil bid for Etienne Capoue

Chelsea will once again turn their interest back to Porto winger Hulk, after they finalize a deal for Oscar

Fiorentina claim they have not made a bid for Marouane Chamakh

L'Equipe: Tottenham have opened talks with Hugo Lloris

Liverpool & Tottenham will both rival Arsenal to the signing of Caen striker M'Baye Niang

AC Milan are the latest club to express an interest in City left back Aleksander Kolarov

Stoke have handed 2-year scholarships to 13 members of the Liverpool & Manchester United youth systems

Back