• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What do the scouts do during the playing season to have to wait til now to scout a fricken player. Our scouting system is shocking if the above is true.

We should have dossiers on all the players in Europe, as well as one being developed in South America since the link up with Internacional.

Anyone know how many we have other than Ian Broomfield.

TRANSFER GOSSIP

Sir Alex Ferguson lines up moves for Everton and England left-back Leighton Baines and *Tottenham midfielder Luka Modric after signing Japan midfielder Shinji Kagawa for an initial ?ú12m.

Full story: Daily Mirror

However, Italian club Napoli are also showing interesting in Baines, 27, who is valued at around ?ú20m.

Full story: Daily Mail

West Ham boss Sam Allardyce wants to sign Wolves winger Michael Kightly, 26.
Leighton Baines

Manchester United and Napoli are after Baines's signature but Everton want to keep him

QPR and Sunderland are keen on 26-year-old former Everton and Portsmouth midfielder Manuel Fernandes, who is now a free agent.

Sunderland are hoping Aston Villa boss Paul Lambert's interest in Norwich frontman Grant Holt will help seal a deal for striker Gabriel Agbonlahor to leave Villa Park for the Stadium of Light.

Full story: Sunderland Echo

Swansea midfielder Gylfi Sigurdsson says he does not expect to stay at the club next season and admits he is considering following Brendan Rodgers to Liverpool.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine target Douglas has indicated that the Magpies are on his trail - but the Brazilian-born FC Twente star also claimed a "bigger" club are also after his services.

Full story: Saudi Sportswashing Machine Chronicle

Midfielder Joe Cole will be heading back to Liverpool after his loan spell in France, according to Lille coach Rudi Garcia.

Full story: Metro
OTHER GOSSIP

Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo has appeared to rule out ever returning to the Premier League after admitting he plans to remain at the Bernabeu for the rest of his career.

Full story: talkSPORT

Emirates Marketing Project midfielder David Silva has told Real Madrid he is not interested in moving clubs as he is happy with life at the Ethiad Stadium.
Cristiano Ronaldo

Ronaldo is about to enter his fourth season at Spanish champions Real Madrid

Full story: Manchester Evening News

Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp has urged the club's chairman Daniel Levy to hurry up and offer him a new contract if they rate him as a manager.

Full story: the Guardian

Stoke boss Tony Pulis thinks striker Peter Crouch will return leaner and meaner than ever next season following his omission from England's Euro 2012 squad.

Full story: Stoke Sentinel

Norwich hope to name Chris Hughton as their new manager - and plan an official approach to Birmingham in the next 48 hours.

Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins has revealed the club are moving closer to naming their new manager amid suggestions he has spoken to Ian Holloway over the job.

Full story: South Wales Evening Post
AND FINALLY

QPR midfielder Joey Barton is attempting to put his latest brush with law behind him with a golfing holiday to Portugal.

Full story: Metro

Mario Balotelli will have both his family names on his Italy shirt at Euro 2012. Uefa's official tournament list shows that the 21-year-old forward has registered 'Barwuah Balotelli' as his shirt name.

AFC say they will no be rushed into an announcement about RVP..

If he was going to stay why not announce it, its obvious to all that an agreement isnt close..

Lets be honest though, knowing how lucky AFC are, he will no doubt sign a 10 year deal for ?ú10k a week..

Reports in France suggest Roma are very close to signing Moussa Sissoko from Toulouse (Le Parisien)

Lille have confirmed that Joe Cole will be staying with Liverpool next season

Demba Ba could return to West Ham according to some Wham ITK, as he doesn't like playing second fiddle to Cisse and hates playing on the wing.

Juventus are close to securing a deal for Udinese duo Kwadwo Asamoah and Mauricio Isla for around 30million Euros (Sky Italia)

Good riddance, pin-up boy - perhaps if you tried and made a few yards of running during a game could have been all so different

You can't hold a place in the PL in midfield if you stroll around

Corluka next, please - cash in while their stock has some value

Last edited:
Chris Hughton is on the verge of being appointed the new manager of Norwich after compensation was agreed with Birmingham last night.

Hughton will leave St. Andrew's after less than 12 months to succeed Paul Lambert at Carrow Road, following lengthy talks between the two clubs over the past two days.

Norwich have agreed to meet the ?ú2m compensation fee demanded by Birmingham for Hughton, who guided Blues to the Championship play-offs last season.

His back-room staff, comprising of assistant Colin Calderwood, coach Paul Trollope and goalkeeping coach Dave Watson will also be moving to East Anglia.

Hughton has only enhanced his managerial reputation at St. Andrew's after his harsh sacking by Saudi Sportswashing Machine in December 2010.

The 53-year-old has also been on the radar of West Bromwich Albion but has been rewarded with another crack at the Premier League by Norwich.

www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/...o-replace-Aston-Villa-bound-Paul-Lambert.html

Chris Hughton is on the verge of being appointed the new manager of Norwich after compensation was agreed with Birmingham last night.

Hughton will leave St. Andrew's after less than 12 months to succeed Paul Lambert at Carrow Road, following lengthy talks between the two clubs over the past two days.

Norwich have agreed to meet the ?ú2m compensation fee demanded by Birmingham for Hughton, who guided Blues to the Championship play-offs last season.

His back-room staff, comprising of assistant Colin Calderwood, coach Paul Trollope and goalkeeping coach Dave Watson will also be moving to East Anglia.

Hughton has only enhanced his managerial reputation at St. Andrew's after his harsh sacking by Saudi Sportswashing Machine in December 2010.

The 53-year-old has also been on the radar of West Bromwich Albion but has been rewarded with another crack at the Premier League by Norwich.

www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/...o-replace-Aston-Villa-bound-Paul-Lambert.html

Great move for both.
Well done Chrissy!
Smart move Norwich.

Indeed, good move for Norwich. There's something about Hughton as a manager. He seems to do extremely well. He doesn't seem to be one of the 'new breed' of making 'brick' footballers play football on the ground, and he doesn't seem to be a Lambert style with major tactical flexibility. I think he just sees what a club has, and plays to its strengths.

I hope he is given the funds to keep Norwich up, because I worry that they have a poor squad that may make Hughton look like he isn't doing a good job. They are essentially League 1 players, and second season syndrome could defnitely have an effect.

Indeed, good move for Norwich. There's something about Hughton as a manager. He seems to do extremely well. He doesn't seem to be one of the 'new breed' of making 'brick' footballers play football on the ground, and he doesn't seem to be a Lambert style with major tactical flexibility. I think he just sees what a club has, and plays to its strengths.

I hope he is given the funds to keep Norwich up, because I worry that they have a poor squad that may make Hughton look like he isn't doing a good job. They are essentially League 1 players, and second season syndrome could defnitely have an effect.

Agree with that. This is what had me wondering whether it is actually a good move for him and whether West Brom might have been a better move if he's in the running for that still (or was the ex-Schalke guy appointed?).

Its going to be tough for him to repeat their finish from last year whereas in reality 17th will be a good finish for them so he could be in a no-win situation

Emirates Marketing Project, Chelsea, Man United, Spurs, Liverpool, Arsenal, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Everton, Villa, Sunderland, West Ham (will spend money), Fulham, West Brom. Wigan. QPR (will spend money), Stoke (can spend money and have a difficult style to combat).

I can't see Norwich finishing above any of those teams to be honest. Southampton will I'm sure spend a fair bit of cash too. Reading may carry the momentum from their title win and see themselves safe. Maybe Swansea will have second season syndrome too but I think they have a philosophy at that club that has been built up over years and therefore the loss of Rodgers may not hurt as much as people think.

It will be a very, very tough season for Hughton, so I feel for him a bit. But on the other hand, maybe it will also be an extremely competitive league where the differences between teams won't be so great, and he could put a run together. He's unfortunate too that there won't be anyone as bad as Blackburn in the league where there's effectively a banker to finish above of.

One thing's for sure, next season is going to be soooooo tough to call!

I know that we have a stadium on the horizon etc and the new tranining ground, but at some point we're going to have to sign a player. And a manager. Be it Redknapp or not.

The pure state of flux is getting a bit worrying. It's not an exageration to say we could do with 4-5 new players this summer.

Shortly the vultures are really going to swoop for Modders to.

After practical paralysis in the transfer market in the past seasons, it'll be interesting to see if we can snap out of it and actually get some players in, with the Euro's etc.

I get the feeling that Vertonghen may not happen. I do miss the days when we could seemingly tie deals up and move on. Seems strange that we would lavish 32 millino on Bent and Bently, but negotioate like our lives depend on it for a seemingly quality, and wanted, centre back.

It certainly shouldn't be a boring pre-season, and we're going to HAVE to buy a couple of strikers surely. We dont have any!!??

Last edited:
Emirates Marketing Project, Chelsea, Man United, Spurs, Liverpool, Arsenal, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Everton, Villa, Sunderland, West Ham (will spend money), Fulham, West Brom. Wigan. QPR (will spend money), Stoke (can spend money and have a difficult style to combat).

I can't see Norwich finishing above any of those teams to be honest. Southampton will I'm sure spend a fair bit of cash too. Reading may carry the momentum from their title win and see themselves safe. Maybe Swansea will have second season syndrome too but I think they have a philosophy at that club that has been built up over years and therefore the loss of Rodgers may not hurt as much as people think.

It will be a very, very tough season for Hughton, so I feel for him a bit. But on the other hand, maybe it will also be an extremely competitive league where the differences between teams won't be so great, and he could put a run together. He's unfortunate too that there won't be anyone as bad as Blackburn in the league where there's effectively a banker to finish above of.

One thing's for sure, next season is going to be soooooo tough to call!

small margins to be honest. i was thinking about writing a blog / article about this. but fact of the matter is that we're now in an age where the difference between a Top championship team and a multi million premier team is very small in 90 mins. just a bit of luck and alot of bottle / determination as well as concentration is all thats neeeded to bridge a huge gap in talent

I know that we have a stadium on the horizon etc and the new tranining ground, but at some point we're going to have to sign a player. And a manager. Be it Redknapp or not.

The pure state of flux is getting a bit worrying. It's not an exageration to say we could do with 4-5 new players this summer.

Shortly the vultures are really going to swoop for Modders to.

After practical paralysis in the transfer market in the past seasons, it'll be interesting to see if we can snap out of it and actually get some players in, with the Euro's etc.

I get the feeling that Vertonghen may not happen. I do miss the days when we could seemingly tie deals up and move on. Seems strange that we would lavish 32 millino on Bent and Bently, but negotioate like our lives depend on it for a seemingly quality, and wanted, centre back.

It certainly shouldn't be a boring pre-season, and we're going to HAVE to buy a couple of strikers surely. We dont have any!!??

i think it is, especially with the squad we have at the moment. 5 new players is a lot .

[Update 85] POTL re: Vertonghen unrest

Who Phantom of the Lane
Date 6th June
Site COYS

Yee of little faith.

I've said all I need and want to say on this topic.

POTL

Unrest being several posters wondering why it's gone all quiet.

i think it is, especially with the squad we have at the moment. 5 new players is a lot .

Really? We only have 2 CFs so definitely need 2 more.

We're on the verge of signing a CB, so thats 3 players that we're definitely signing even if we dont know names as yet

We're being linked with keepers and have CC and Gomes probably leaving

We could also do with a back-up winger

Back