• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Glad he's not staying in PL. Has the quality to come back and haunt us...

I agree and I find it very annoying to watch good, elegant, technical former Spurs players play against us.

Also probably good for him to move to a league that isn't the Premier League and since I like Kranjcar I would be happy to see him succeed in a different league.

Coffin dodging keepers. Paper thin cover at full back. Our only wide players are Bale and Lennon. We have one striker.

The squad looks scary thin in some areas.

Apart from strikers it isn't, it's just that our backups are the likes of Bentley, Jenas, Rose, Pienaar, Kranjcar, Dawson. Would make a decent mid table side, but not the top 5-6.

Apart from strikers it isn't, it's just that our backups are the likes of Bentley, Jenas, Rose, Pienaar, Kranjcar, Dawson. Would make a decent mid table side, but not the top 5-6.

Been sayin this all year - our squad is SO overrated. We had a very good first 11 and maybe three or four good back ups like Thudd and Dawson etc but not really the other seven or eight players in the squad HENCE Harry barely rotating

Been sayin this all year - our squad is SO overrated. We had a very good first 11 and maybe three or four good back ups like Thudd and Dawson etc but not really the other seven or eight players in the squad HENCE Harry barely rotating

You can get away with rotating one or two with lesser players, but only if the replacements put in some effort. The likes of Kranjcar and Bentley don't cut it as they can be so slow.

hate to say it but we really need to do an Arse and bring in a lightning fast young player for cheap (5-8m) to play on either wing, and replace the squad outcasts with some young players who are atleast somewhat like for like with what we have. in other words, players Harry would actually use now and then.

I see @Agent_ImAStupid**** just finished reading up on the Spurs forums. Kranjcar now on his way to Dynamo Kiev.

Are our rivals really placed all that much better? If you look at the likes of Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, once they get past their first team, who next?

If Van Persie had suffered his usual seasonal injuries then Arsenal wouldn't have had a top 4 striker who was available to keep them going. Chelsea did have decent strength in depth, the fact that when Drogba played, Torres was on the bench, says it for them.

I think that most sides will struggle to have reserves who are top 4 quality as, if the reserves ARE that good, the reserves would want to be playing first team football elsewhere and that's the problem. Instead, we need reserves who can come in and play the system. Manchester United succeed as when they have a player injured, they can call on another player to do a set job and that player will fill the role and so, whilst the team might be a little worse, the difference is marginable in comparison to when we lose Bale or Lennon and don't have a winger in reserve who can play to the same tactics.

Harry's first 11 as of right now

Friedel; Walker, Gallas, Kaboul, Ekotto; Lennon, Parker, Modric, Bale; Van Der Vaart, Defoe

Of that 11 there's doubts over the immediate future of three of those players(Modric, Bale, Defoe).

The other players in the squad that Harry actually trusts to use are:

Cudicini, Dawson, Rose, Sandro, Livermore, Huddlestone

Rose has already been mouthing off at wanting to leave to play some games and I'm sure Sandro isn't happy at being Parker's bitch.

Two returning loanees could be used but whether they want to play backup is unclear:
Naughton, Caulker

The following have been thrown in the metaphorical bin by Harry:

Gomes, Corluka, Bassong, Khumalo, Bentley, Jenas, Kranjcar, Pienaar, Giovani

Back