• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Looking very light at LW with Rose is looking for a loan and Pienaar wanting an Everton return. Townsend to maybe stay for the season as understudy?? Not sure

It might point to a busy transfer window actually. 25 senior pros is not a whole lot to start with so for everyone out I'd say we'd be looking to bring someone in, more or less.

You can get away with rotating one or two with lesser players, but only if the replacements put in some effort. The likes of Kranjcar and Bentley don't cut it as they can be so slow.

Both of those players did well during the run in for our CL qualifying season. If you marginalise a player, label him a backup, then that must affect their mentality.

Both of those players did well during the run in for our CL qualifying season. If you marginalise a player, label him a backup, then that must affect their mentality.

And that is the only time in Bentley's entire Tottenham career he actually did his job. Put in a shift defensively and kept the ball moving in attack. None of his usual showboating and attempting to run past players much faster than him (which means pretty much everyone) .

Been sayin this all year - our squad is SO overrated. We had a very good first 11 and maybe three or four good back ups like Thudd and Dawson etc but not really the other seven or eight players in the squad HENCE Harry barely rotating

I think our squad has become poor because of Harry's lack of rotation. Even if you could get the best 11 backup players you could ask for, in time "seven or eight" of those will end up being not worth using due to lack of fitness/motivation. Fergie is constantly using his squad and putting perceived backups into big games, Harry just has his 11 and plays them until they get injured.

I think our squad has become poor because of Harry's lack of rotation. Even if you could get the best 11 backup players you could ask for, in time "seven or eight" of those will end up being not worth using due to lack of fitness/motivation. Fergie is constantly using his squad and putting perceived backups into big games, Harry just has his 11 and plays them until they get injured.

Would you want to risk using our back up players in games against the likes of Manchester United? When we struggle to play against them as it is. I think we should switch around for home games against lower opposition, to keep the reserve players fresh and to give them an opportunity to show what they are capable of again. I would review their performances, however, and be more reluctant to give chances again to those who look lazy, unmotivated or play poorly for any other reason than a bad day on the pitch. Players have to play well to earn their chances and then, when given the chance, take that chance.

Yes but some players take the chance but aren't rewarded, no player is going to be motivated after that. Kranjcar scores two winners in two games and is barely used again, how's that for man-management?

I'm saying what I would do, not what Redknapp does, so I would be keen to reward Kranjcar. If any player takes the chance in games like that, then he deserves to keep that opportunity until such a time as he has not played so well and then the first team player comes in. Then again, if you know Bale will be more capable over the long term, then how do you justify pushing Kranjcar in there permanently and leaving Bale out, for example. It's a tricky one.

Would you want to risk using our back up players in games against the likes of Manchester United? When we struggle to play against them as it is. I think we should switch around for home games against lower opposition, to keep the reserve players fresh and to give them an opportunity to show what they are capable of again. I would review their performances, however, and be more reluctant to give chances again to those who look lazy, unmotivated or play poorly for any other reason than a bad day on the pitch. Players have to play well to earn their chances and then, when given the chance, take that chance.

This is what Fergie does well. If a player is on form he generally keeps the shirt. So everytime a Man Utd player enters the field he is playing for his position and that keeps them hungry and motivated.

I'm saying what I would do, not what Redknapp does, so I would be keen to reward Kranjcar. If any player takes the chance in games like that, then he deserves to keep that opportunity until such a time as he has not played so well and then the first team player comes in. Then again, if you know Bale will be more capable over the long term, then how do you justify pushing Kranjcar in there permanently and leaving Bale out, for example. It's a tricky one.

Problem with NK is that bringing him in means we have to change the way we play. WHilst you want some variety on the bench, changing your style of play simply because a weaker/squad player is playing is ludicrous.

NK is an immensely talented player but doesnt fit our system. With our system, we'd be much better off with Hoillet or Krasic on the bench rather than Krancjar

Did this get missed?

Who: Brownhead
When: 5th June
Where: SC

Valid source, haven't posted for a while, mods know where my info comes from.

Been told Verts will be announced today and the hold up mainly now, amongst the usual stuff was we should be announcing another signing! Wouldn't say who tho as it hasn't been as common knowledge as Verts and being kept quiet as the club don't want anything scuppered

COYS

We're still waiting.....you've got less than 2 hours or your reputation will be destroyed

He hasn't got any reputation

All ITK's apart from JJetSet suck dingdong.

POTL believed Hazard was going to City and he goes on about BLUE and fudging YELLOW when I don't fudging care about Blue and Yellow.

ITK = bored little kids who want some attention as they didn't get it from their parents. Run along Julie.

Back