• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Think this week a deal will be agreed for Vertonghen (via AjaxShowTime)

"The agent of Jan Vertonghen, Mustapha Nakhli, says in Voetbal International that he thinks this week an agreement between Ajax and Tottenham Hotspur will be reached for the Belgian captain.

'Jan is waiting. If everything is agreed, he'll go to Tottenham. An appointment is being made quickly. I hope it's done this week, I think it will be. We talk in any case only with Tottenham. Jan has a good feeling. There were also other possibilities, but Jan follows his heart. At Spurs he sees more prospects than other clubs ', says Nakhli."

Horses mouth.

I imagine some of the delay has to do with the news (unconfirmed I might add) about the passing of Levy's mother.

The chairman of Al Wasl says the United Arab Emirates club have made a bid for Didier Drogba, but he expects the former Chelsea striker to sign with a Chinese club instead.

Marwan bin Bayat would not say how much Al Wasl have offered Drogba, only that it was less than what has been offered by the Chinese team. Drogba has been linked to Shanghai Shenhua.

Bin Bayat said Al Wasl, coached by Diego Maradona, is "definitely serious" about Drogba, but that the Ivorian striker "seems more interested in China".

Maradona wants the club to bring in bigger names after a season in which it finished eighth in the 12-team UAE pro league.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jun/06/diego-maradona-contract-didier-drogba

What a shame I thought he should have been used more he oozes class. A Spurs player if there ever was one sad to see him go

I like 'he follows his heart' bit

I'm sure other clubs would better our wage offer but this man seems dead-set to play for us! Could be our future captain and give us a decade of great service.

I haven't stirred anything. I said what I needed to say previously but unfortunately we have some very impatient and non trusting posters on the board who I have little time for. The vast majority of you are excellent members of the community. With respect, some of you will understand and some of you won't understand the complexity of a transfer and the many parts that need to be completed, from negotiations, formal offers, contracts, agents fees, terms of the payment of the fee, which currency the fee is paid in, FX conversions, Bonus, Add-ons, Medicals, registrations with FA's etc etc. It is not simply let's bid for a player, he wants to come- done, Ever bought a house with a mortgage? Problem free isn't it? Exactly.
And in terms of announcement. When the club decides to announce something is to the disgression of the club- I have no baring as to when something is put on the official site. And frankly im not bothered.

POTL

He needs to spend more time on his school work and less on posting

He oozed pies and mash more than anything lately

His work-rate was very low for a midfielder and one unacceptable in a Top 6 Prem club

Runs like a girl and my misses fancies him, glad he is fooking off.

Good luck to him though, decent squad player

Agent_ITK @Agent_ITK

Levy does the transfer negotiations at #THFC and Jewish Shiva lasts for 7 days Don't expect much/anything to happen for a week.

Nothing to do with something else then, which you tweeted about yesterday? ****.

He oozed pies and mash more than anything lately

His work-rate was very low for a midfielder and one unacceptable in a Top 6 Prem club

Couldn't disagree more he always tracked back (moreso than Bale) I think because he ran awkwardly and wasn't the quickest people held it against him

Couldn't disagree more he always tracked back (moreso than Bale) I think because he ran awkwardly and wasn't the quickest people held it against him

The few games he was given a chance this season (starting from Arsenal away) he was a mere passenger mate. Part of the reson we got smashed at The Emirates and was completely outplayed in the middle.

GK: Friedel, Cudicini

RB: Walker, Naughton
CB: Kaboul, Gallas, Dawson, Caulker
LB: Ekotto, Rose

RW: Lennon
DM: Parker, Sandro, Livermore
CM: Modric, Huddlestone
LW: Bale

AM: VDV
ST: Defoe

That is our squad, as I said, worryingly paper thin. Even then there are doubts over some of those players' future. I'm not going to keep up the pretense that Gomes, Corluka, Bassong, Khumalo, Bentley, Jenas, Kranjcar, Pienaar and Gio are actually squad members because we all know they aren't really.

GK: Friedel, Cudicini

RB: Walker, Naughton
CB: Kaboul, Gallas, Dawson, Caulker
LB: Ekotto, Rose

RW: Lennon
DM: Parker, Sandro, Livermore
CM: Modric, Huddlestone
LW: Bale

AM: VDV
ST: Defoe

That is our squad, as I said, worryingly paper thin. Even then there are doubts over some of those players' future. I'm not going to keep up the pretense that Gomes, Corluka, Bassong, Khumalo, Bentley, Jenas, Kranjcar, Pienaar and Gio are actually squad members because we all know they aren't really.

It only looks think as the outgoings have been left out and no incomings have been added!

Add in Vertonghen plus 2 CFs and a winger and we're fine. Ideally could do with a new keeper as well.

Its not as if we WONT be signing any CFs this summer!

POTL said:
I haven't stirred anything. I said what I needed to say previously but unfortunately we have some very impatient and non trusting posters on the board who I have little time for. The vast majority of you are excellent members of the community. With respect, some of you will understand and some of you won't understand the complexity of a transfer and the many parts that need to be completed, from negotiations, formal offers, contracts, agents fees, terms of the payment of the fee, which currency the fee is paid in, FX conversions, Bonus, Add-ons, Medicals, registrations with FA's etc etc. It is not simply let's bid for a player, he wants to come- done, Ever bought a house with a mortgage? Problem free isn't it? Exactly.
And in terms of announcement. When the club decides to announce something is to the disgression of the club- I have no baring as to when something is put on the official site. And frankly im not bothered.

Ignoring the typos, that is the most sensible post POTL has ever managed to come up with.

The irony being that this is PRECISELY why nobody should say it's a done deal and will be announced today etc - you foolish little schoolboy

The few games he was given a chance this season (starting from Arsenal away) he was a mere passenger mate. Part of the reson we got smashed at The Emirates and was completely outplayed in the middle.

point taken but tbf our whole team was brick that day except Parker and we looked even worse once Niko was taken off

I guess you can't distinguish between fast runners and hard work then.

No need for the back handed insult was there? I can read facts and figures about distances covered by players during a match, especially at high intensity. Work rate is one of the few things in football that isn't subjective and can be ascertained by stats.

What an absolute nob cheese, and a clueless one at that. If I thought he was a 16 year old kid, I'd think he's a genius. He's been able to string out a whole bunch of Spurs fans over about 2 years now because apparantly once upon a time he got something right. But alas, I don't think that's the case. I genuinely think he believes all the brick he posts.

Im glad some of the other sites are joining the GG way of thinking that 99.9% of ITK are ****s and deserve all the abuse they get. Most people remember the 'Blue and Yellow' farce of last season which was obviously referring to Rossi (blue + yellow = Villareal, plus the 'bap bap americano' comments) but then mysteriously the "and" was the important word because blue was Diarra (blue = France) and yellow was Ade (Yellow = Togo), until finally when Ade signed and Diarra did not, the blue represented Emirates Marketing Project all along.

I'm not sure how the contents of his rant provide any excuse for calling Hazard to City, especially since he's come out and said he chose Chelsea over United, seemingly had as much chance of signing for City as he did for Spurs.

So on to Vertonghen. 17th May he posted "pretty much agreed on. happy days" And almost a month later he still hasn't signed, and the player personally came out and said he's still an Ajax player and don't believe everything you read. Is the delay due to the things Porker of the Ladyboys listed? No of course not.

Yes transfers are complex but negotiations, formal offers, contracts, agents fees, bonusses and add ons are done well before things are "pretty much agreed on". So what exactly is agreed on to be "pretty much"? The font on the contract? It's arial 10 - better order your shirts.

Medicals can often be a lay down misere so in the case of a low risk player, it's seen as a formality and again, if things were "pretty much agreed on" on 17th May, the medical would be done and passed with flying colours shortly thereafter.

The other items are a crock of brick. FA registrations? Give me a break. They do hundreds of them and for a EU player, it's only an administrative function that holds nothing up.

FX conversion? This is the thing that made me laugh most. At the end of the day, buying a player is merely a contract, no different to the multitude of contract transactions that happen between different currencies every minute of every day. Foreign Curreny is a risk with every contract. You either bare the risk, or hedge it. It's not a reason for the contract not going through, or being delayed. You won't ever see a multimillion pound deal be delayed because the buying club wants to play the market and see if they can save a few quid on the forex. What a load of cobblers. The currency the fee is paid in is simply the currency the selling club has their bank account in. And in this case it's simply the Euro, not the Tongan Pa'anga.

And to end my rant against the rant, regarding the club's "disgression"about announcing the signing. Ajax would be well within their right to announce the sale and could see no reason for the delay. What reason would Spurs have for the delay? Surely we'd want the football world to know that we've secured a well recognised hot prospect from Ajax, and maybe guys like Bale and Modric would think that's pretty neat.

Apologies for the rant rant, but this joker does my head in.

Back