• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
5 players is a reasonable assumption. Two strikers and cover for each wing I'd say though.

Every six months I think we'll have a window like that, no doubt what will actually happen is the manager situation will drag out until the start of the season and we'll end up with two panic buys

Really? We only have 2 CFs so definitely need 2 more.

We're on the verge of signing a CB, so thats 3 players that we're definitely signing even if we dont know names as yet

We're being linked with keepers and have CC and Gomes probably leaving

We could also do with a back-up winger

LOL, you know what. am guilty of posting lazy

you're right. 4 players would be completing the squad nicely

With Kranjcar, Bentley, Pienaar, Rose and Jenas leaving (hopefully) we need some cover for our wingers. Townsend could be one, but there doesn't seem to be any willingness to give him a chance.

With Kranjcar, Bentley, Pienaar, Rose and Jenas leaving (hopefully) we need some cover for our wingers. Townsend could be one, but there doesn't seem to be any willingness to give him a chance.

You could probably add Corluka, Bassong, Defoe, Cudicini or Gomes and Gio to that list too. I doubt if all of them will go but every one of them has a reason to leave. That's not a bad team actually

----------------Gomes/Cudicini--------
--------Corluka -----Bassong ------Rose-------
Bentley -------Jenas-------Pienaar------Townsend
-----------Gio ------ Defoe------Kranjcar-----

It's because he hasn't shown the form imo. I'm all for positivity about our young players but I haven't seen it with Townsend when he's played. Looks like a slightly less wierd looking Obertan unfortunately, and at present, isn't good enough to act as back up for Lennon and Bale.

POTL Rant

I haven't stirred anything. I said what I needed to say previously but unfortunately we have some very impatient and non trusting posters on the board who I have little time for. The vast majority of you are excellent members of the community. With respect, some of you will understand and some of you won't understand the complexity of a transfer and the many parts that need to be completed, from negotiations, formal offers, contracts, agents fees, terms of the payment of the fee, which currency the fee is paid in, FX conversions, Bonus, Add-ons, Medicals, registrations with FA's etc etc. It is not simply let's bid for a player, he wants to come- done, Ever bought a house with a mortgage? Problem free isn't it? Exactly.
And in terms of announcement. When the club decides to announce something is to the disgression of the club- I have no baring as to when something is put on the official site. And frankly im not bothered.

POTL

What a grade A ****

Don't give us all your brick if you can't handle the stick coming your way when things you say will happen DON'T (TIME AFTER TIME!!!)

Clown

Kranjcar Gone

NIKO KRANJCAR claims he is set to leave Tottenham for Dynamo Kiev.

Kranjcar has struggled to break in to the Spurs first team over the last two seasons following the rise of Gareth Bale.

Manager Harry Redknapp has consistently claimed he is not looking to sell the player despite using him sparingly.

But the 27-year-old ÔÇö who is currently on international duty with Croatia at Euro 2012 ÔÇö claims he is close to moving to the Ukrainian side.

He said: "The clubs have agreed. Now all that remains are some small details as I agree personal terms.

ÔÇ£I personally am not involved with that. I have left that to the people that represent me as I am concentrating on the Euros.ÔÇØ

I always liked Kranjcar, but when you're competing with Modric at CM, Bale at LM and VDV at CAM then you're probably going to be on the bench a lot. Hope he does well wherever he goes.

IBTL-Dog.jpg

Back