• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
lol at anyone thinking we're going to sign anyone before the last day of the transfer window.

This, though i was talking to a mate the other day and he made the point that levy would not want to spend wages on people when they are on holiday, we will get city to pay adeabyors wages till the season starts then sign him.

This, though i was talking to a mate the other day and he made the point that levy would not want to spend wages on people when they are on holiday, we will get city to pay adeabyors wages till the season starts then sign him.

A lot of posters have brought up the point that even if we were to get our #1 targets right before the season starts (or more likely, Aug 31), that would leave no time for them to actually train together. Then again, there are also a few posters here who think that Harry's tactics are of the "go and run around a bit" variety which don't require much team training.

I honestly do not want a repeat of last year's start to the season. I want us to come out of the gates charging with enough cover to keep it going for the whole season.

A lot of posters have brought up the point that even if we were to get our #1 targets right before the season starts (or more likely, Aug 31), that would leave no time for them to actually train together. Then again, there are also a few posters here who think that Harry's tactics are of the "go and run around a bit" variety which don't require much team training.

I honestly do not want a repeat of last year's start to the season. I want us to come out of the gates charging with enough cover to keep it going for the whole season.

I would like us to be well prepared and think that any money we did save by signing players later would be offset by the possibility of more points in the first couple of games due to them actually knowing each other. But how often do we get what we want?

That said we seem to be trying to do deals earlier then usual this summer.

Ross Barkley

Ross Barkley at everton i liked him. Did not play a lot last year but looked very promising maybe a bit injury prone like a young gerrard.

I rate him higher then rodwell who to be honest i do not like that much. I think if we were to look for young english players with potential then we could do worse then barkley. Im not sure if livermore as much as i like him will reach the same level and bostock i think it is clear wont. The young lad barkley had something about him i liked.

Think everton being a bit of a basket club we could go in and make a steal like arse did last year with arteta. Read he took a 10,000 a year pay cut to join them on 60 grand a week, which means everton were paying him 70 grand a week, no wonder they dont have much money. Everton must be quite high payers compared to how much they bring through the gate.

They have a good youth team and i would not mind going in there and stealing barkley off them.

Just to get this straight, brownhead rather specifically stated that we would be unveiling two signings today?

If brown was cryptic for something, my first guess would be "full of ..."

Leicester's Sol Bamba has now passed his medical and signed a 4 year deal with Trabzonspor.

Marvin Martin is close to signing for Lille for €10 million.

These are all quotes from ITKs that they came out with on Monday/Tuesday last week:

archibald said:
few bits to do but as reported in the press is comin ahead of the national team..

Mystery said:
Vertonghen, as most of you are aware, is done and dusted, and will be at HH tomorrow for a medical.

POTL said:
Enough of all the cryptic and the endless thread messages etc.
Vertonghen The Spur. Spelt out for you all.

POTL

Rebrab said:
Vert is go

jermaine_defoe said:
First ITK for over half a year and its a good one.

I can bet my life on it Vertonghen will be a Tottenham player my source is 100% certain and believes he is going to be a future star for us!

Akqayid said:
Will be on OS before weekend.

Should have permission to annouce before friendly.

Grey Fox said:
You might want to get your stamp ready Stoof! Verts should be finalised while here for the England game if the club get permission from Belgium FA to interrupt training etc.

wpd659 said:
Have heard Vertonghen is still being worked on but a fee has been agreed in princible! But still work to do so not done yet! Just down to how long payments are over and other add ons! Was talk yesterday of a medical being arranged for wednesday/thursday but was only a rumor was not confirmed!

Agent_ITK said:
Vertonghen medical on Thursday.

Back