• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Plus if nesta is on a free, nesta or nelson? nesta every time obviously

I assume this is a wind up right? Nesta is more injury prone than Ledley and this season he played less games than Ledley due to his injuries, and you want him at Spurs? No, definitely a wind up

I assume this is a wind up right? Nesta is more injury prone than Ledley and this season he played less games than Ledley due to his injuries, and you want him at Spurs? No, definitely a wind up

I never said anything about ledley, don't call me a wind up.
If Nesta is only going to be in the role NELSEN (NOT LEDLEY!) currently has the fact that he is injury prone doesn't matter so much as he would only play a small amount of games with his main bonus being coaching the younger players, I gave conditions earlier on in my post.

You're only saying that based on his Everton career where he was a main player for them. It takes time to adapt from being a big fish to just another player in the squad. Some adapt to this and others don't, but we haven't had the chance to find out with him yet due to niggly injuries. You could well ultimately be right, but we haven't had a chance to find out for sure and he hasn't had a pre season with us yet which would benefit him. However chances are he will go back to Everton, and like you I'd wish him well.....

id rather he was a big fish somewhere than just another player in the squad...tbh, im sick of top clubs stock piling good players, even when Spurs do it. I had a big argument here with another poster when i said id rather Kranjcar leave and be a first teamer somewhere else rather than scratch his bum on the Spurs bench week in week out. Good players need to be playing, to be entertaining football fans.

In the past there was a better spread of talent across a number of clubs. It made for a better league imv

Vertonghen, Dembele, and Remy...hmmmmm would be a super start to the summer!!

id rather he was a big fish somewhere than just another player in the squad...tbh, im sick of top clubs stock piling good players, even when Spurs do it. I had a big argument here with another poster when i said id rather Kranjcar leave and be a first teamer somewhere else rather than scratch his bum on the Spurs bench week in week out. Good players need to be playing, to be entertaining football fans.

In the past there was a better spread of talent across a number of clubs. It made for a better league imv

I know what you mean, and I don't enjoy the likes of Nikos talents wasted on the bench but I think Harry will use his squad more this coming season than in previous ones. I think he's learnt his lesson and will rotate more which will mean the squad players will still be getting 20+ games. Harry just needs to trust the bench players more, and I think they will be utilised a lot more because he seems to be looking to add QUALITY this summer if the speculation is anything to go by which means our bench will be stronger with players you can rely on more than previously. Whether Pienaar is one of those remains to be seen but he has the potential to be......

Metro says we're in for Hoilett. Sambafoot says we're looking at Nilmar.

Vert, Dembele, Remy were all on my wish list so fingers crossed on these 3.

Are there any decent twitter accounts for rumours, ITK etc.

Now its all integrated into my phone I like to have a browse at work and see whats going on.

Never really seem Dembele play. I think he scored against us two seasons ago in the cup.

My Fulham mate seems to think hes a very very good player.

hypothetical question here but just saying dembele did come in and modric left do people think he could play in his position ive seen bits of demebele but not much always thought he was more vdvs position

Dembele is definitely not Modric's replacement.

The guy is more VDV type - thats what I think anyways.

Or would allow a 433 or 451.

I think we are basically building a squad to make it more flexible.

I'm sorry but, if it was for reasonable wages, only a season and they didn't expect to just walk in to the starting line up, they would be amazing squad players to have and imagine any of those four's affect on the youth players.
Plus if nesta is on a free, nesta or nelson? nesta every time obviously

Redknapp wouldn't take them. They're far too good to be considered by him, 'Arry shops for players who are old and average not old and once world class.

hypothetical question here but just saying dembele did come in and modric left do people think he could play in his position ive seen bits of demebele but not much always thought he was more vdvs position

Dembele is definitely not Modric's replacement.

The guy is more VDV type - thats what I think anyways.

Or would allow a 433 or 451.

I think we are basically building a squad to make it more flexible.

Well he's played most of the season under Jol in central midfield alongside either Diarra or Murphy.

Back