• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Shame is he plays in VDV type roll minus the goals

Dembele's played most of this season as a central midfielder. Personally I think he has more potential there. Very athletic, and has worked very hard when I've seen him play there. And, after 31 games, he led the league in tackles (ahead of Parker in second, and also with a better tackle success rate) - http://www.barriesview.com/2012/04/premier-leagues-most-frequent-tacklers. I don't know what the final stats are.

Whether or not Luka goes, I think we should try to sign him asap to be Luka's replacement for when he does eventually (and inevitably) leave. I think the guy's going to be a considered a top-class CM in a year or two.

Dembele's played most of this season as a central midfielder. Personally I think he has more potential there. Very athletic, and has worked very hard when I've seen him play there. And, after 31 games, he led the league in tackles (ahead of Parker in second, and also with a better tackle success rate) - http://www.barriesview.com/2012/04/premier-leagues-most-frequent-tacklers. I don't know what the final stats are.

Whether or not Luka goes, I think we should try to sign him asap to be Luka's replacement for when he does eventually (and inevitably) leave. I think the guy's going to be a considered a top-class CM in a year or two.

I stand corrected

and what would you say from that? know its only youtube but opinions?

youtube says he can score goals:D

to make a serious assessment of course its best to watch whole games, on tv or at games.

hopefully there is someone on this forum that has seen more of Leandro and can answer your query.

Dembele impressed me on Sunday, had a shot that hit the post and one that Big Bad Brad tipped onto the bar. Used the ball very well and as someone has already mentioned, he was very good dribbling with the ball at his feet

The thing about Dembele is, everytime he's on the ball he's like a tank. The ball's just glued to him. Even if he does lose it he's so quick to get it back (as a poster above has stated). He's a lot like VdV in this sense, very technical, heads up type player, but from the games i've seen, I wouldn't say he plays in the same role as VdV for Fulham, thats more of Dempsey's role. Kind of a mixture of VdV and Modric, but much more athletic than both.

The thing about Dembele is, everytime he's on the ball he's like a tank. The ball's just glued to him. Even if he does lose it he's so quick to get it back (as a poster above has stated). He's a lot like VdV in this sense, very technical, heads up type player, but from the games i've seen, I wouldn't say he plays in the same role as VdV for Fulham, thats more of Dempsey's role. Kind of a mixture of VdV and Modric, but much more athletic than both.

He's been pulled further back by Jol because he wasn't delivering the goods as a support striker. Having seen the number of tackles he makes and his success rate I'd be thrilled if we signed him.

TRANSFER GOSSIP

Manchester United are ready to match Emirates Marketing Project's bid for Arsenal captain Robin van Persie. The 28-year-old striker's contract at the Emirates Stadium expires at the end of next season.

Full story: Daily Mirror

Juventus have curtailed their interest in Van Persie, preferring to avoid a bidding war with Emirates Marketing Project and concentrate their efforts on luring Napoli forward Edison Cavani.

Full story: Metro
Athletic Bilbao striker Fernando Llorente

Llorente was part of the Bilbao side beaten in this season's Europa League final

Emirates Marketing Project are preparing to kick-off their summer spending spree by activating the ?ú28.7m release clause in the contract of 27-year-old Athletic Bilbao striker Fernando Llorente.

Full story: talkSPORT

Chelsea and Everton target Oscar Cardozo has been told he can leave Benfica. The 28-year-old striker could also attract interest from CSKA Moscow and Rubin Kazan.

Full story: talkSPORT

Montpellier and Morocco playmaker Younes Belhanda, 22, has dampened speculation linking him with Arsenal and Liverpool by admitting he wants to stay with the French league leaders next season.

Full story: Inside Futbol

Borussia Dortmund playmaker Shinji Kagawa admits the he has spoken with Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson. "He had some nice things to say to me," said the 23-year-old Japan international.

Full story: the Times

Fulham are winning the race for Huddersfield and Scotland striker Jordan Rhodes, sealing a ?ú3.5m deal for the 22-year-old ahead of Norwich, Aston Villa and West Ham.

OTHER GOSSIP

Former Chelsea manager Andre Villas-Boas, Borussia Dortmund boss Juergen Klopp and Marseille's Didier Deschamps are among the candidates to replace Kenny Dalglish as Liverpool manager.

Full story: the Guardian

Defender Rio Ferdinand holds his Manchester United manager Alex Ferguson partly responsible for his omission from England's Euros squad, after the Scot questioned whether the 33-year-old defender could stand up to the rigours of an international tournament.

Emirates Marketing Project striker Emmanuel Adebayor says his first choice for next season would be to continue playing at Tottenham, where he has been on loan this season. The 28-year-old also has offers from the United States and Russia.

Full story: London Evening Standard

Emirates Marketing Project striker Emmanuel Adebayor says his first choice for next season would be to continue playing at Tottenham, where he has been on loan this season. The 28-year-old also has offers from the United States and Russia.

Full story: London Evening Standard

It's up to you to negotiate reasonably then Ade...you know we can't afford your current wages.

Go to cold Russia and have bananas thrown at you or stay and (hopefully) compete in the CL while playing in one of Europe's Top 3 leagues?

Michael Owen leaving United this summer.

Defoe's replacement on the bench- wouldn't moan as much!

Not sure if he'd come down south though!!

He's a money-grabbing little ****! He'll go wherever the money is. And do we really want to stump up what he's after just to sit on the bench? I'm not convinced at all...he'd want a chunky signing fee plus big wages and I'd prefer to spend that on someone who might be with the club in a few years

Heard Owen to Everton on a free.

Also Saw this on Twitter:

" @georgebann vertongen and ajax have agreed to a deal with spurs this morning? 12m euros. Done #skysportsmark -- Mark Klendjian MBE (@2drivemark)"

Dunno why theres a question mark tho

Jeezus no!

He's forever injured and around 4 years past expiry date - I rather keep Saha which would be small disaster on its own

" @georgebann vertongen and ajax have agreed to a deal with spurs this morning? 12m euros. Done #skysportsmark -- Mark Klendjian MBE (@2drivemark)"

make+it+so_2.jpg

Owen? Really? He'd make good company for King I guess.

?ú9.6 million at today's exchange rate.... Although Spurs might want to hold off on paying the fee the way the Sterling/Euro rate is going! :D

By all accounts this Vertonghen is a good player, only seen him a few times and he looked decent so crack on Levy!

Would be great if we got 2-3 big signings done before the Euros kick off.

Vertonghen
Remy
????

Back