• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Here we go again. ](*,)

Just sell him. If he's set on leaving and Levy can milk someone outside the PL for ?ú50mill let him have his way, no point forcing him to stay for another season. I want fully committed players at the club.

same as last year.

he looked pretty committed to me this season. just look at his reaction when he scores and his frustration when he misplaces a pass.

get ambitious, sign a couple of players early and hope for Bayern... no reason for him to leave - still not in his peak years, just yet.

Nothing to do with logistics. All to do with risk and cash.

Freidel is a keeper so very different. Naybet signed when he was 34, Gallas when he was 33. Del Piero is 37

The risk is that we pay him ?ú80k per week or ?ú4m per year for a couple years and that he either doesnt settle or add much to the team (given that his style isnt exactly what we need) or that he is ready for the knackers yard. If he wants to come on a pay per play deal then great but he wouldnt want that

re your comment about 'i still remember you del piero' - thats the problem!...we're not signing him on the basis of what we remember or what he has done but what he can do in the future. At 37 and having never played in england, that has to be a massive risk

first off, you and i both have no idea how well he did this year. so what we think of his actual ability is pretty on even playing field

i choose to think that he will bring a naybet / gallas like influence (apparently those extra 3 years is a deal breaker for you) and you choose to think he is a liability

i'm going to go with that 'experienced guy that knows his skills but just lost that step' and will bring success here.

Del pierooooo for tottenham

first off, you and i both have no idea how well he did this year. so what we think of his actual ability is pretty on even playing field

i choose to think that he will bring a naybet / gallas like influence (apparently those extra 3 years is a deal breaker for you) and you choose to think he is a liability

i'm going to go with that 'experienced guy that knows his skills but just lost that step' and will bring success here.

I think he could be competition for Niko. Slightly older and rugged but still has a chiseled, precise jaw-line that could melt the heart of any man....

Yep. For me the extra 3 years older that he is than Naybet was, and considering that he'll probably cost us about ?ú4m per year, would make it a deal breaker for me

Nesta, Seedorf, Del Piero and Drogba......Redknapp is on the line to Levy

Nesta, Seedorf, Del Piero and Drogba......Redknapp is on the line to Levy
I'm sorry but, if it was for reasonable wages, only a season and they didn't expect to just walk in to the starting line up, they would be amazing squad players to have and imagine any of those four's affect on the youth players.
Plus if nesta is on a free, nesta or nelson? nesta every time obviously

#saintsfc have made an enquiry to #thfc about a want away midfielder -- ITK Agent (@itk_agent)

Levy must be so busy during transfer windows regarding sales - We have so many fringe players that would walk into lower - mid table teams......

The player #saintsfc have enquired about is Steven Pienaar. However, his most likely destination is back to Everton #thfc #efc -- ITK Agent (@itk_agent)

So whose taking Jenas?

I like Jenas A LOT but he doesnt seem to be part of the plans. I would think somewhere like Villa or Norwich.

The player #saintsfc have enquired about is Steven Pienaar. However, his most likely destination is back to Everton #thfc #efc -- ITK Agent (@itk_agent)

I'm not sure I want him to leave. He's clearly a player, just need to sort out where he best works in our system - maybe behind the striker? One way or another we will have a lot of games next season, if we can keep him fit would be a big asset.....

I'm not sure I want him to leave. He's clearly a player, just need to sort out where he best works in our system - maybe behind the striker? One way or another we will have a lot of games next season, if we can keep him fit would be a big asset.....

Pienaar is the type of players that needs to be playing every week, and is integral and vital to how his team plays....this is his role at Everton, he is a perfect fit for them, i hope he gets his move back and i wish him well.

#Fulham and #Spurs currently in talks about the transfer of Moussa Dembele. #FFC #THFC #Football -- Agent_ITK (@Agent_ITK)

Good replacement for Kranjcar, backup for VDV.

#Fulham and #Spurs currently in talks about the transfer of Moussa Dembele. #FFC #THFC #Football -- Agent_ITK (@Agent_ITK)

Good replacement for Kranjcar, backup for VDV.

Not very spectacular.. replacing a player who is happy enough being here....

Pienaar is the type of players that needs to be playing every week, and is integral and vital to how his team plays....this is his role at Everton, he is a perfect fit for them, i hope he gets his move back and i wish him well.

You're only saying that based on his Everton career where he was a main player for them. It takes time to adapt from being a big fish to just another player in the squad. Some adapt to this and others don't, but we haven't had the chance to find out with him yet due to niggly injuries. You could well ultimately be right, but we haven't had a chance to find out for sure and he hasn't had a pre season with us yet which would benefit him. However chances are he will go back to Everton, and like you I'd wish him well.....

Back