• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As for keepers - remember Joe Lewis? the one rated so highly? I just read that he had been released by Peterboro - what the hell happened there?

I never said anything about ledley, don't call me a wind up.
If Nesta is only going to be in the role NELSEN (NOT LEDLEY!) currently has the fact that he is injury prone doesn't matter so much as he would only play a small amount of games with his main bonus being coaching the younger players, I gave conditions earlier on in my post.

You mean like how Saha is injury prone and when we needed for a match when Ade was out injured, guess what he was injured

It is downright ridiculous to contemplate signing a player with a worse fitness record than Ledley. Nesta is simply not the play he was once and I am pretty sure we will not sign him thank fcuk.

I think he'd create more than VDV, his dribbling is ridiculous. Besides, I think the goals will come with experience - he has a good shot on him, definitely could develop this area?

I would rather play a natural target man alongside a player like Remy. Lets face it Remy is no target man so if we signed him he would either have to play alongside a target man or on the flank in a front 3

i like Dembele, however he is a typical Tottenham player.....looks good but will win you fcuk all

Nope. We need two - Ade and an understudy.

I would try to go for ade and then get an old fashioned english type, i have been impressed with holt this season and he is a lot like kevin davies. I do not want davies but this is the sort of player we need. A shane long or someone similar.

As for keepers - remember Joe Lewis? the one rated so highly? I just read that he had been released by Peterboro - what the hell happened there?

They've placed about 6 players on free transfers including the club captain and released Lewis and one other player ..... I'm guessing the books don't add up and they are having to jettison the heavier baggage wage wise to stay afloat and Lewis was coming to the end of his contract perhaps so they have released him 3 months early or something?

Might be worth taking as our 2nd/3rd choice if he is unattached ...... very cheap and still only 24. Can't have gone totally to crap can he?

You mean like how Saha is injury prone and when we needed for a match when Ade was out injured, guess what he was injured

It is downright ridiculous to contemplate signing a player with a worse fitness record than Ledley. Nesta is simply not the play he was once and I am pretty sure we will not sign him thank fcuk.

I understand why you wouldn't want him due to his injury history but, as I have said his main bonus would be coaching/giving advice to the younger players which in my opinion would be invaluable, If i recall correctly Thiago Silva came out recently saying that coaching and advice from Nesta has made him the player he is today.

Look, you're entitled to your opinion but, don't describe my posts as a wind up, if I do post a sarcastic comment or anything that could be termed as a windup I'll be sure to message you to clarify, okay? I generally like your posts (apart from the earlier one :) ) but, that was just ridiculous.

Do we need a target man?

Not a target man per se but a player that can hold the ball up like Ade, and at the moment there is no guarantee Ade will be staying. I would play Ade with Remy (if we signed him) but Remy cannot hold the ball up like Ade

I understand why you wouldn't want him due to his injury history but, as I have said his main bonus would be coaching/giving advice to the younger players which in my opinion would be invaluable, If i recall correctly Thiago Silva came out recently saying that coaching and advice from Nesta has made him the player he is today.

I would rather King be the player giving the likes of Caulker advice either as a player or as part of the coaching team. For me signing a 36 year old is a step backward, whatever his experience.

Look, you're entitled to your opinion but, don't describe my posts as a wind up, if I do post a sarcastic comment or anything that could be termed as a windup I'll be sure to message you to clarify, okay? I generally like your posts (apart from the earlier one :) ) but, that was just ridiculous.

And I think us considering buying Nesta is ridiculous when we have King's experience to rely on, and to me it looked like a wind up :D

Last edited:
I would try to go for ade and then get an old fashioned english type, i have been impressed with holt this season and he is a lot like kevin davies. I do not want davies but this is the sort of player we need. A shane long or someone similar.

Think we need Ade and someone sharper in front of goal (though still a lone forward) - like Leandro.

Back