• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Summer transfer thread, do NOT believe everything SSN "understand" #Levytime

Lloris and Moutinho will be ours, Llorente turned us down, and Dempsey could come. That's clear.
But there's still one thing I can't understand: why don't we have a Natalie Sawyer thread in Vice Den?

Re: Summer transfer thread, do NOT believe everything SSN "understand" #Levytime

It's not crap, but we're drastically lacking in intelligence. What we needed was a Kagawa, a Cazorla, a Hazard... we need brains, creativity, flair, an ability to spot and execute the right passes instantly. The likes of Dempsey and Siggy can score for lower-half teams, but they are not stylistically suited for the top teams that face deeper defenses. Dembele has individual talent but still hangs on to the ball for far too long at times and runs up blind alleys in the final third.

Liverpool have been far cleverer in taking Sahin, Allen, Borini, and Yesil - unproven, yes, but the style is right, the technique is there.

We've lost the best "team intelligence" players in this squad. Moutinho will be a big help in filling Modric's role, but he's not enough imo. It's not that I'm displeased with what we've bought, it's that we haven't bought enough to challenge for top four.

I'd rather have the players we've signed/could potentially sign than Borini

João Ruela ‏@joao_ruela

TSF: This is it: João #Moutinho STAYS in FC Porto. No deal between Porto, #Tottenham and the portuguese midfielder. #THFC #spurs

Chill. A bowl or two of green and most things fade into insignificance, they said.

Well, fudge them because all it's done is make me paranoid. Come on, Levy, come on.

You said it was done 5 hours ago

Well, lequipe said we had agreed a fee. Player is at the lodge, having a medical. Sorry for calling that done. I expected an earlier Announcement that doesnt seem to be coming.

If we sign Moutinho and Lloris plus one more, it will not have been a "crap window" at all.

I agree.

Plus the fact I'm still jazzed about Vert, Sigg & Dembele, all done in this window!

People are seriously under-rating Sig in this thread IMO.

Lloris and Moutinho will be ours, Llorente turned us down, and Dempsey could come. That's clear.
But there's still one thing I can't understand: why don't we have a Natalie Sawyer thread in Vice Den?

She really is lovely.

Not worried about Lloris. Either he comes or he don't.
#bovered

Moutinho, I can read between the lines. He knows he's the record fee, ergo he can demand insane wages thinking "if they want me that badly...." hence talks break down.
Fcuk him too if that's the case. Levy will teach him the way of the world I'm sure.
It's 50/50 that one.

So STOP putting him in ur team for next week FFS!

The Dempsey deal I'm led to believe is simmering.

Willian. Brace yourselves.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. I think Liverpool will be a force (relatively speaking of course) this season, while we'll be hovering in around sixth or seventh.

I swear Levy waits not until the last minute, but until the written press have already gone to print, just to tinkle them off. It's amazing how many ITK's are know quiet at the business end of the window.

Its LLoris i want, i would not excuse that one breaking down.

Moutinho i understand if Levy dont want to give him huge wages. We are spending over 20m, and he probably wants over 100k a week or something like that.

I swear Levy waits not until the last minute, but until the written press have already gone to print, just to tinkle them off. It's amazing how many ITK's are know quiet at the business end of the window.

Well, non members have lost access to spurs community today.

Never. I was taking the tinkle. Got a horrible feeling we are going to end up signing nobody

People are seriously under-rating Sig in this thread IMO.

Good movement and will score in double digits imo if played regularly, but will get about half the passes VdV does in the same position (30 versus 60), and far fewer key passes and assists. But he's still young, and he doesn't have much experience at this level, so he could still improve plenty.

If we sign Moutinho and Lloris plus one more, it will not have been a "crap window" at all.

Of course it wont. but there's two hours of the window to go and we dont have either of those two of the un-named third one.

Who replaces Lennon is he's out? Or Bale? Or GHod forbid what happens if both are out?

Back