• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Summer transfer thread, do NOT believe everything SSN "understand" #Levytime

Even if we get Moutinho, we're still screwed for VdV's goals, assists, and brain. Moutinho and Dembele are deep players who score less than Jenas, while Dempsey and Gylfi can score in an open game but what we lacking right now is intelligence and silkiness in the final third because we're typically much more deprived of space than the likes of Fulham or Swansea are.

This is just a crap window...we've completely lobotomized ourselves, though I understand that there wasn't much we could do about the outgoings. Pretty much only Moutinho PLUS Isco can make me content now :( and we all know Isco's not coming, so I guess we'll just have to pray one of the youngsters makes the step up.

Re: Summer transfer thread, do NOT believe everything SSN "understand" #Levytime

need to look at Udinese for an excellent Scouting set up, read something about them a while a go and the money they have been making over the last 5 years or so selling on players they bought for next to nothing is amazing.

said they outlay 3 mil a year on the scouting system itself - certainly something we could afford to be doing

Udinese do use a scatter gun approach though, they have an insane amount of players spread around at farmer clubs and such.
In stead of pin pointing the player they need, they are far more similiar in their approach to the kind of job Frank Arnesen did when he was our Director of Football

Duncan Castles‏@DuncanCastles

Tottenham also working on Dempsey as a fall-back option. #THFC #LFC #FFC http://sulia.com/channel/soccer/f/3eba3e1d-1060-42bf-ae83-7124f93e3da8/?source=twitter

I can totally believe that Levy might be all over this now that Liverpool are refusing to meet Fulham's asking price.

But he wouldn't be a "fall back" option for Moutinho (as I think Castles is implying).

He'd be a back up option to Willian, Remy, Llorente or whichever attacking players we have genuinely been targeting.

Really? And Llorente has apparently fallen out with Bilbao, which means he would have to go somewhere surely. Intriguing. :-k

Another English club would be most likely.

Im getting a bit worried about LLoris. Should be settled now. Come on!!!

Udinese do use a scatter gun approach though, they have an insane amount of players spread around at farmer clubs and such.
In stead of pin pointing the player they need, they are far more similiar in their approach to the kind of job Frank Arnesen did when he was our Director of Football

yeah that is the impression i got, but looking at the money they have brought in - id say it works !

I can totally believe that Levy might be all over this now that Liverpool are refusing to meet Fulham's asking price.

But he wouldn't be a "fall back" option for Moutinho (as I think Castles is implying).

He'd be a back up option to Willian, Remy, Llorente or whichever attacking players we have genuinely been targeting.

Yes I agree, and Dempsey is a good player. Still would raise questions about our approach but tbh we need to strengthen our attacking options and don't have much time left to do that.

Even if we get Moutinho, we're still screwed for VdV's goals, assists, and brain. Moutinho and Dembele are deep players who score less than Jenas, while Dempsey and Gylfi can score in an open game but what we lacking right now is intelligence and silkiness in the final third because we're typically much more deprived of space than the likes of Fulham or Swansea are.

This is just a crap window...we've completely lobotomized ourselves, though I understand that there wasn't much we could do about the outgoings. Pretty much only Moutinho PLUS Isco can make me content now :( and we all know Isco's not coming, so I guess we'll just have to pray one of the youngsters makes the step up.

If we sign Moutinho and Lloris plus one more, it will not have been a "crap window" at all.

332671-2663-23.jpg

If we sign Moutinho and Lloris plus one more, it will not have been a "crap window" at all.

If the 'one more' is Llorente/a big name striker it'll have been a great window imo. I just don't think it'll happen! On the striker at least.

cant believe the hysteria in here. BOTH will be signed

It's not crap, but we're drastically lacking in intelligence. What we needed was a Kagawa, a Cazorla, a Hazard... we need brains, creativity, flair, an ability to spot and execute the right passes instantly. The likes of Dempsey and Siggy can score for lower-half teams, but they are not stylistically suited for the top teams that face deeper defenses. Dembele has individual talent but still hangs on to the ball for far too long at times and runs up blind alleys in the final third.

Liverpool have been far cleverer in taking Sahin, Allen, Borini, and Yesil - unproven, yes, but the style is right, the technique is there.

We've lost the best "team intelligence" players in this squad. Moutinho will be a big help in filling Modric's role, but he's not enough imo. It's not that I'm displeased with what we've bought, it's that we haven't bought enough to challenge for top four.

Praying that the number 9 is being saved for Llorente however unlikely that is

Back