• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: The summer transfer thread, Dembele pg 1277 #Levytime

I was listening to Lloris family tonight on french radio saying that the player was coming.

I'll give you my feeling, we've pulled out as we're spending the money on someone else.

Better not have done, I'm hyped for this transfer

I sincerely hope that what we are witnessing tonight is just some manufactured "soap opera", just to keep the journo's and the media happy, because if you believe what OL are saying and Levy has gone back on an agreement, then it makes us look incredibly stupid. It also shows a complete and utter lack of respect for another club.

If what is coming out of France tonight is true, then I would have lost a great of respect for our Chairman. Let's hope he has a few surprises for AVB tomorrow, or I fear it could be a very long and difficult season, as I think our squad is painfully thin in some areas.

Last edited:

I was listening to Lloris family tonight on french radio saying that the player was coming.

I'll give you my feeling, we've pulled out as we're spending the money on someone else.

I believe it will happen because of that, and maybe that is what Levy also believes. But altering agreed terms, if true, is simply bad behaviour. Not willing to justify it as Levy doing his best for the club because that is very shortsighted

French sites reporting we've pulled out just after player agreed terms.

We probably have a big signing on the way and just cant afford the two of them. Thats the only reason i can think of.

I'm gonna say we are signing Lloris and Mutinho tomorrow with VDV off to Hamburg. Just a feeling in my water.

We probably have a big signing on the way and just cant afford the two of them. Thats the only reason i can think of.

I would find the money to get Lloris. Easier said than done, perhaps, but he is probably the best long-term replacement we could find - especially at that price. Moreover, if true it is pretty awful to treat the player like that.

Sell Dawson, whatever it takes. I'm gonna have nightmares all season because we didn't get a top keeper when we had the chance.

Its funny (or not) but most news report around, are saying that LLoris has made his choice and is on his way to Tottenham.

A bit of a mess to be honest all this.

Or levy thinks as terms agreed and Lyon need the money felt we could get the fee down even more.

I don't believe we would have pulled out. Tony Parks was raving about him in New York and if we've got this far I can't imagine we would not follow through.

It'll happen.

I think it's just Levy chancing his arm, deal should be done.

I wouldn't trust the Lyon chairman at all, assuming that this is true and that we have pulled out or changed our terms it could be because someone became available that we would rather have. It could also be for example that with Kaboul's injury we've decided to keep Dawson and without that money coming in we can't afford Lloris and some other player(s).

Or maybe it's Kyon moving the goal posts trying to squeeze a bit more out of us?

Sell Dawson, whatever it takes. I'm gonna have nightmares all season because we didn't get a top keeper when we had the chance.

Dont panic - He is coming..

I spoke to the Spurs exec I know and of about the 10-15 bits of info he has told me only one has been wrong. That was Zeki Fryers.

I am confident this deal will be confirmed tomorrow.

Last edited:

I wouldn't trust the Lyon chairman at all, assuming that this is true and that we have pulled out or changed our terms it could be because someone became available that we would rather have. It could also be for example that with Kaboul's injury we've decided to keep Dawson and without that money coming in we can't afford Lloris and some other player(s).

Kaboul had surgery though, we'd have known beforehand how long his recovery would take.

Back