• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: The summer transfer thread, Dembele pg 1277 #Levytime

Doubt the Kaboul thing has come as a surprise. And yet AVB was still pretty negative about Dawson's propsects at the club in todays conference. The Lloris deal is about trying to extract more value from the deal in my opinion.

I wouldn't trust the Lyon chairman at all, assuming that this is true and that we have pulled out or changed our terms it could be because someone became available that we would rather have. It could also be for example that with Kaboul's injury we've decided to keep Dawson and without that money coming in we can't afford Lloris and some other player(s).

Please dont tell me we're missing out on LLoris because of Dawson..:lol: I dont want to read things like that!

I think we'll get Lloris. He's a glamour signing, which should make Levy happy but perhaps not so much AvB - he's very slender and troubles me on corners (VERY punchy keeper). But he's still young and has plenty of room to develop, like de Gea. Mainly I wonder about his distribution, since that's typically the biggest differentiator among the top keepers and pretty crucial to AvB.

We'll put in a final bid for Moutinho tomorrow and get rejected :)(), but I think we'll make one more signing after Lloris - a wide player like Remy, Willian, or Dzagoev. Problem is, if VdV goes, we'll be seriously weaker than last season and questions will have to be asked of Levy and our scouting team. I'm not blaming Levy for the tightness of our funds - it's not like we could control the ridiculous fee and wage hikes in the past few seasons - but it's disappointing we're not picking up younger gambles and keep chasing after players we can't afford.

What Lyon said tonight is this " Tottenham have changed the offer agreed on the 26th of August, that had opened the talkings between Lloris and their club."

I find it hard to believe we can't afford him as we have another deal on the go. If that is the case then next season we will probably pay more for someone worse with a lesser reputation.

I find it hard to believe we can't afford him as we have another deal on the go. If that is the case then next season we will probably pay more for someone worse with a lesser reputation.

Yes. Only way it might be this is if something changed significantly in terms of the availability of another target. Otherwise we should not have agreed terms on Sunday with Lyon. My guess is this will happen, just a typical spurs bump in the road. (Though I am trying to stay positive and avoid the fear that we may be incredibly disappointed come tomorrow).

Can't be anymore dissapointing than Last summer and January.

I think a lot should chill a bit, this is all typical posturing as deadline day approaches - heard all this crap before and the deals still happen. This will be no different.....

Its not much different to real with modric.
Its all agreed with the player, now just to c which club gives in first. Bit of a war of attrition ovea a few £mil

Am i the only person that is reasonably happy this window?
Verts,Siggy,Ade,Dembele & Defoe on a new contract.
I think Lloris will happen & i think we will get a extra present, tomorrow!

Its not much different to real with modric.
Its all agreed with the player, now just to c which club gives in first. Bit of a war of attrition ovea a few £mil

Only difference is Madrid have signed the player they wanted. We havent.

I was thinking this earlier, we've signed four players all of genuine quality and more to come almost definitely and all of those rumoured are of quality aswell.

It hasn't been a bad window at all....

Yeah i think the squad is pretty good - it could do with improving in an ideal world but we should be very competitive.

Knowing what Levy's like, I could hazard a guess that he agreed a fee in principle so Lyon would allow us to approach the player.

Lloris then declares for us, and Levy, assuming Lyon are desperate for the cash, is now in a stronger position now that it's out in the open that he wants to come to Spurs, and low-balls them.

It might be a good window, but its been a bad day, Kaboul out for months, dawson staying, Affelay choose Schalke and LLoris falling through.

Not to mention Bale on a new contract aswell. And I agree with you, I think it has been a good window for us, it's just the fact that we seem to have genuinly tried to sign several top class players in addition to this that makes it feel like a let down. So many players "almost" in the bag but then it falls through.

Too early to judge this window. If VDV goes then with him, Modric, King and Kaboul out (for 4mths) then we could be in for a rocky period. Verts and Siggy have potential, but are not proven yet so cannot assume their impact just yet.

Knowing what Levy's like, I could hazard a guess that he agreed a fee in principle so Lyon would allow us to approach the player.

Lloris then declares for us, and Levy, assuming Lyon are desperate for the cash, is now in a stronger position now that it's out in the open that he wants to come to Spurs, and low-balls them.

And if that doesnt work, we go back to our initial offer? and Lyon agree the deal?

This signing is not about saving 1 or 2 million. Its about having one of the best, if not the best keeper around for the next ten years. Im disgusted.

Back