• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: The summer transfer thread, Dembele pg 1277 #Levytime

I still want to cream my pants tomorrow once we reveal the signing of Moutinho and Lloris.

And if that doesnt work, we go back to our initial offer? and Lyon agree the deal?

This signing is not about saving 1 or 2 million. Its about having one of the best, if not the best keeper around for the next ten years. Im disgusted.

Every signing is about saving 1 or 2 million. It's not pocket change.

What Lyon said tonight is this " Tottenham have changed the offer agreed on the 26th of August, that had opened the talkings between Lloris and their club."

It's interesting isn't it? It depends what is meant by this? Maybe we had a deal agreed circa a figure but have decided to ask to restructure it? You just don't know. I don't speak French and I even see English statements misquoted by the media. It's hard to know what to think - if we've agreed terms with the player surely we wouldn't walk away?

It's interesting isn't it? It depends what is meant by this? Maybe we had a deal agreed circa a figure but have decided to ask to restructure it? You just don't know. I don't speak French and I even see English statements misquoted by the media. It's hard to know what to think - if we've agreed terms with the player surely we wouldn't walk away?

I agree with the last part - I do not believe we would walk away either. But I do believe this could be gamesmanship on Levy's part to squeeze Lyon. Either that or we have another big deal lined up which means we have to alter the payments terms. Even then if we agreed in principle it is still pretty poor.

Two interesting things:

- Apparently every time Lyon come out with that sort of report on their website, it means that the deal is done. Its quite contradictory, the Lyon fans seem to think that its done since they've seen that report.

- The lyon fans fee they are getting robbed.

Two interesting things:

- Apparently every time Lyon come out with that sort of report on their website, it means that the deal is done. Its quite contradictory, the Lyon fans seem to think that its done since they've seen that report.

- The lyon fans fee they are getting robbed.
What do they gain from lying to their fans? Surely that would be tinkling them off massively? I'd hate us doing things like that! rather not hear anything at all.

What do they gain from lying to their fans? Surely that would be tinkling them off massively? I'd hate us doing things like that! rather not hear anything at all.

That's a slightly odd thing to say being in a transfer rumour thread.. :-k

The Lyon chairman is the French Levy, except he uses the media much more in his negotation tactics.

The Lyon chairman is the French Levy, except he uses the media much more in his negotation tactics.

Yep, massive businessman. Loves to speak to the media and closer to the pitch than Levy. Hes known for showing his anger at referees at the end of most games.

ITK Grey Fox saying "Portos price will be met if VDV goes". Could be why we're saving the money.

So do you reckon this is him "bigging it up" to the media, trying to make it look like he is the hard nose, when in reality he has sold one of their crown jewels for a song?

Who: Jasper
Where: SO
When: 30th August

No panic going on! have to hand it to DL, even i get hacked off many a times but wow
To Levy and AVB falling out in a matter of hours. You've got to laugh.

Reading between the lines of their statement I think what's actually happened is this:

Their statement states the offer received by Spurs is significantly different from the original proposal on 26th August that opened the talks between the two clubs.

I take this to mean that we've been in contact and suggested a deal or a ball-park figure. They've gone yeah, around that figure would be fine if you can agree a deal with Lloris we can do business.

So no deal has been done. Its more that opening discussions have been had on an approximate figure. We probably wanted to know he'd be within our budget before even bothering to start protracted negotiation with the player. Same with Vertonghen. Everything was agreed with him way before the final agreement with Ajax.

So what's happened then is we've finally agreed with Lloris and he made the decision today to join us. We've then faxed our opening official bid to Lyon but similar to buying a house you know what they'll definately accept, but if you're levy you probably want to go in at the lowest point of the range and work upwards from there.

I'm guessing that since Lloris has decided he wants to come we've got to start reaching a formal agreement with Lyon. Lyon are pretending to be all hard-line in the media because they don't want their fans to feel they're getting mugged off with a cheap-ass deal for their prize asset because they're in the brick financially.

Back