• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: 1060 pages and a striker, but 113 pages later no more Modric summer transfer thre

I still cant believe we are not far from getting LLoris.

He is just rated as the best keeper in the world with that german guy, Neuer. He has been saving Lyon times and times again.

I have lost a bit of faith in Levy, but if he pulls this one, then i'll have to say well done.

I think Madrid have a better keeper for a start

Re: 1060 pages and a striker, but 113 pages later no more Modric summer transfer thre

Ok, so assuming this is true, can we do the deals we need in that price range? If we can get Lloris for 11 mil, Willian for around 17, Moutinho for 24, and a striker for around 18...we could just about do it.

As I understand it following Luka going we are 40 million up on trading this summer. If we sell Dawson and Defoe that may get us to about 60 million. To do the 4 deals mentioned above we will need about 70 million, including the Pav money or making a slight loss on trading this summer I think we can just about do it.

If we do these deals, we will have as good a squad as any in the league. I believe that.

Won't a chunk of that 60m be spent on agents fees and loyalty payments to Defoe & Dawson?

I can't believe all this Friedel slating? He kept us in the match Saturday with some great saves, now we are in for Lloris and he is brick stuck to his line etc.. :rolleyes:

The saves he made were saves you'd expect any premiership standard g/k to make. The staying on his line however, isn't - and it cost us.

The saves he made were saves you'd expect any premiership standard g/k to make. The staying on his line however, isn't - and it cost us.

Right it's his fault we drew? I really cannot understand that? more like we looked fatigued in the 2nd half and Lukaku was bullying our Cb's. Just don't understand why we always have to slate our own players. Lloris by all accounts is a good keeper but hasn't kicked a ball for us but he is automatically the greatest thing in the world.

I really hope that this singing isn't coming at the expense of a cm, winger or striker three spots I think we need strengthening before goalkeeper

but the real question is if lLoris is any better. its the premiership goalies that are adept at dealing with corners and crosses etc. is lloris any good

i certainly didnt see anything special in the euros

Didn't Sky Sports report we were going after Loic Remy again? Is he classed as an out and out striker or more of a winging striker?
Would be happy with Remy over Willian - I haven't seen the other play so can't really comment on what he's like, plus we'd be able to get Remy for a smaller price.

15m euros for Lloris?!

11.8m pounds?!?

DO IT LEVY.

DO IT NOW
sex wee sex wee sex wee

Although, I wouldn't see him coming for that price. I think they rejected a sum larger than that a few weeks ago...

Would be happy with Remy over Willian - I haven't seen the other play so can't really comment on what he's like, plus we'd be able to get Remy for a smaller price.

the very very little I´ve seen is that he is rather lightweight, in fact both are. I have no believe in Remy and I also think we dodged a huge bullet with Giroud..

I can't believe all this Friedel slating? He kept us in the match Saturday with some great saves, now we are in for Lloris and he is brick stuck to his line etc.. :rolleyes:
I don't think anyone is slating Friedel, he's done very well for us. But the fact remains, he's 41 and we will probably have to replace him next summer anyway. He has his limitations, but is a very good experienced 'keeper.

sex wee sex wee sex wee

Although, I wouldn't see him coming for that price. I think they rejected a sum larger than that a few weeks ago...

Pretty sure Lyon need the money right now. £12m be a good deal for both i'd say?

never seen Lloris, im very happy with friedel but as has been said he will need replacing soon

One of the top keepers in the world and only 25, this is a massive coup for us if we get it done.

Less than 100 hours to go.

Not excited one bit. Buy a player in a position we need and i might get excited.

De Gea made a mistake for Utd against Fulham; De Gea rushed out for no reason when Vidic had it under control; the striker blocked De Gea off and Vidic got a whack and knocked it into his own net.
Reina made a mistake for Liverpool against City; he came and flapped for a cross and didn't lay a glove on it, he was way off it, so it bounced off the surprised defender and Toure knocked it into the net.

If Friedel or Cudicini or Gomes or Lloris does either of these things, half of you lot would be up in arms.

Friedel made some good stops for us as usual. We have a keeper that comes and flaps at crosses, and we have a keeper that stays put. Does Lloris command the area better than Gomes, De Gea and Reina?

One of the top keepers in the world and only 25, this is a massive coup for us if we get it done.

This, and the fact that he hopefully will be able to come off his line every now and then (had Friedel been able to do this, we would've won on Saturday).

If he's a muppet, why would you care what he's saying?

He hinted at Fryers coming to us in January, not sure what else.

He said we'd signed the Forest cb and that was false, he said we're not after Llloris and that seems false, he said we're not after M'Villa and that seems false, he said Leandro is done and that is false, he said we're gonna sign a world class player and then admitted he got it wrong., he said Ade will start against WBA and that was also false...i'm sure there's much more.

Tbf Aquayid is the one that seems to be getting things right this summer (as weird as that is).

Back