• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: 1060 pages and a striker, but 113 pages later no more Modric summer transfer thre

I think it can only be finances. If we are getting the money in a lump sum from Madrid, for example, it allows us to put down payments on other players

spending £30m for Real to then pull out of the Modric deal would be suicide - we had to wait for it to be finalised.

don't spend money you havn't got

Re: 1060 pages and a striker, but 113 pages later no more Modric summer transfer thre

Yeah, I see where you're coming from, so in effect we're doing the same thing: some up front and then the rest in addon's, this completing the overall price of say 15 mill

There is also a difference between addons and installments.

Addons are additional payments from clauses in the deal, ie. number of goals scored, matches played, sold to another club etc.

Installments relates to the original fee being paid over several years instead of a one time payment when the transfer of the player takes place.

From Lequipe(translated) -

With 35 million transfer to Real Madrid Luka Modric, Tottenham will now consider the possible arrivals Yann M'Vila, Loic Remy or Hugo Lloris. Jean-Michel Aulas has made ​​it clear that the guardian of the OL is now the maker of his departure. The President of the OL indicates that it "had a lot of contacts" Sunday with his counterpart Daniel Levy and "positions (between the two clubs) have come together." "I told Hugo on Monday the content of these exchanges. It is he who holds the key, the decision belongs to him. I think it will be requested by Tottenham. For him to see if he can find the conditions for development in line with what he expects, sporting and fiscally speaking. "JMA maintains its position on a transfer fee of 15 million euros.

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Aulas-hugo-detient-la-cle/308899

Yeah, I see where you're coming from, so in effect we're doing the same thing: some up front and then the rest in addon's, this completing the overall price of say 15 mill

Most often it seems to be the case there is a down payment then the balance made up in annual installments.

If we just got £30m cash, thats a lot of down payments.

Also, being able to put more down in the first place might help grease the wheels on a deal...

Thats my thinking anyway, the only reason to wait until Modric has gone is finances IMO

Robin Bairner ‏@RBairner
#Caen's M'baye #Niang has arrived in Italy to sign with #ACMilan, RMC report. Teenage striker. Good eye for goal + lots of potential.

Is there room for Moutinho and Dembele? Not that i'm greedy or anything lol

what about Clint Dempsey.. their best player.....!

and then we'll have Martin Joel back...and then... pow............................................................................

Most often it seems to be the case there is a down payment then the balance made up in annual installments.

If we just got £30m cash, thats a lot of down payments.

Also, being able to put more down in the first place might help grease the wheels on a deal...

Thats my thinking anyway, the only reason to wait until Modric has gone is finances IMO
then why have we waited so long to get the deal done? Especially it seeming we haven't gotten that much more out of it!

15m euros for Lloris?!

11.8m pounds?!?

DO IT LEVY.

DO IT NOW

My guess - and it is only that - is two fold

1) Getting as much up front to facilitate our summer activity as possible

2) Getting as much as possible, we are tight on money and need to get the best deal possible

561495_469640129735111_743249429_n.jpg

Willian in London?

i believe its M'Vila

I don't know why..... I feel really optimistic at the moment! Hope it isn't wrong.

Who: David
Where: FTL
When: 27/08/12

Re: Luka (the he is Guillem Balague):

He is wrong on the price... We didn't get the 35m I was told 'we'd accept no less than', but we go far closer to that in total than his figure, and the variables are expected outcomes albeit they are over the length of Lukas entire deal. Also Carvaliho if we want him...

I asked him to confirm the price of luka ( his quote , we doubled what we paid and some other bits and pieces which we'll eventually get'..... I checked- we paid 16.6, so 33.2) .... because I had a bet on it. I believe I alluded to Bales future price being a part of the reason we held firm for so long.

On how much we're going to spend:

A net profit this summer or perhaps up to 10m spend (including the 8m from pav). But...that still will see us spending 60m+ in the next few days

Jord, if you didn't know thats M'vila

Its like someone on the one show saying Tottenham played in West London :ross:

Im just very curious right now as to how things will shape up before Friday 11pm

Once I see the squad Ill be suitably optimistic/pessimistic

Jord, if you didn't know thats M'vila

Its like someone on the one show saying Tottenham played in West London :ross:

I've never seen M'Vila before (maybe, but I don't remember), but I got it wrong due to looking at another post from where I got it.

MVilla.jpg

Where was that picture taken? After quick look at google images that is clearly M'Villa

In my mind if its a toss up between Lloris and Dembele then its Dembele all the way
If its a toss up between Lloris and Moutinho then its Moutinho all the way
If its a toss up between Lloris and New Winger then its New Winger all the way

If it isnt, then Great! Fantastic! Get him in!

of course - it isn't a pressing concern this summer and other areas are needed to be strengthened first so yeah i wouldn't sacrifice CM & ST/W cover to sign a GK, but then i do not think that is the case.

i have been saying/thinking for sometime now that the Modric deal will be the trigger to some frenzied activity - it is a large sum of money that would seriously effect our potential targets - i can honestly see the sense in waiting until now (after the deal is done) before pressing ahead with other deals, an extra £30 mil can be the difference between signing players one or two levels apart and whilst it would be great to get all our business wrapped up early, i would prefer to see us hold out and go for a higher caliber of player, it's just a shame that it has possibly cost us some points in the league.

of course that is all down to what happens in the coming week, i could have got it totally wrong and i'll be sat here September 1st looking at us parading the loan signing of Carlton Cole and Joey Barton :eek:

Back