• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: 1060 pages and a striker, but 113 pages later no more Modric summer transfer thre

I believe so too.

great

this is Willian, so you'll know next time

william.png

Re: 1060 pages and a striker, but 113 pages later no more Modric summer transfer thre

of course - it isn't a pressing concern this summer and other areas are needed to be strengthened first so yeah i wouldn't sacrifice CM & ST/W cover to sign a GK, but then i do not think that is the case.

i have been saying/thinking for sometime now that the Modric deal will be the trigger to some frenzied activity - it is a large sum of money that would seriously effect our potential targets - i can honestly see the sense in waiting until now (after the deal is done) before pressing ahead with other deals, an extra £30 mil can be the difference between signing players one or two levels apart and whilst it would be great to get all our business wrapped up early, i would prefer to see us hold out and go for a higher caliber of player, it's just a shame that it has possibly cost us some points in the league.

of course that is all down to what happens in the coming week, i could have got it totally wrong and i'll be sat here September 1st looking at us parading the loan signing of Carlton Cole and Joey Barton :eek:

I agree with you, hence I havent been slagging the club for not completing the squad yet.

I think we have very finite resources, and Modrics transfer has a huge impact on what we can/cant do.

I also think things like the Euros, the Olympics and most importantly a new manager coming in should be considered as well. All things to add to the delays in moving.

I would expect next summer to be different, with an established manager and team and time to clarify what targets we need...

great

this is Willian, so you'll know next time

william.png

looks good..but hold your horses Spurs!......

what about the rest of the team when you see him playing....anyway judgement to be reserved from me,,,,,

he actually looks a bit greedy ...so far.......from me....

hold horses,,,come on you Spurs................

Who: David
Where: FTL
When: 27/08/12

Re: Luka (the he is Guillem Balague):

He is wrong on the price... We didn't get the 35m I was told 'we'd accept no less than', but we go far closer to that in total than his figure, and the variables are expected outcomes albeit they are over the length of Lukas entire deal. Also Carvaliho if we want him...

I asked him to confirm the price of luka ( his quote , we doubled what we paid and some other bits and pieces which we'll eventually get'..... I checked- we paid 16.6, so 33.2) .... because I had a bet on it. I believe I alluded to Bales future price being a part of the reason we held firm for so long.

On how much we're going to spend:

A net profit this summer or perhaps up to 10m spend (including the 8m from pav). But...that still will see us spending 60m+ in the next few days

Ok, so assuming this is true, can we do the deals we need in that price range? If we can get Lloris for 11 mil, Willian for around 17, Moutinho for 24, and a striker for around 18...we could just about do it.

As I understand it following Luka going we are 40 million up on trading this summer. If we sell Dawson and Defoe that may get us to about 60 million. To do the 4 deals mentioned above we will need about 70 million, including the Pav money or making a slight loss on trading this summer I think we can just about do it.

If we do these deals, we will have as good a squad as any in the league. I believe that.

Ok, so assuming this is true, can we do the deals we need in that price range? If we can get Lloris for 11 mil, Willian for around 17, Moutinho for 24, and a striker for around 18...we could just about do it.

As I understand it following Luka going we are 40 million up on trading this summer. If we sell Dawson and Defoe that may get us to about 60 million. To do the 4 deals mentioned above we will need about 70 million, including the Pav money or making a slight loss on trading this summer I think we can just about do it.

If we do these deals, we will have as good a squad as any in the league. I believe that.

Sig 8
Vert 8
Ade 5

total = 21

Kranjcar 5.5
Charlie 5.5
Pienaar 4.5
Bassong 4
Modric 33

total = 52.5

Just over 30m up, with Dawson it'll be 40m.

Robin Bairner ‏@RBairner
Reports in France say #Lyon already on the hunt for new keeper. My money's on Ospina (Nice). #Colombia international available for €1.5m

What's that jetset muppet been saying today?

If he's a muppet, why would you care what he's saying?

He hinted at Fryers coming to us in January, not sure what else.

when AVB saw how Friedel were handling those corners and crosses last saturday he must have simply thought:

"FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK I NEED LLORIS"

abysmal handling cost us 3 points

Lyon Chairman just said we've agreed deal for Lloris. Now up to Lloris to decide if he wants to come.

Aulas, the lyon chairman was with Levy yesterday afternoon.

There was one moment in the first half where WBA played a long ball over the top, Walker was being chased by one of their players and he wanted to head it back to Friedel but he literally just stuck to his line and left him to deal with it. Eveeryone was giving Walker stick for it but it wasn't his fault at all.

Re Friedel on his line, should not surprise anyone, that's how he has played his entire career. Interestingly when I saw Parks warming up both Gomes and Friedel in pre-season he spent a lot of time on making them come for crosses.

Friedel did well for us last season because King/Dawson/Kaboul are all very good at attacking and winning high balls in, with two of those seemingly out, we might want a keeper who comes for the ball.

Sig 8
Vert 8
Ade 5

total = 21

Kranjcar 5.5
Charlie 5.5
Pienaar 4.5
Bassong 4
Modric 33

total = 52.5

Just over 30m up, with Dawson it'll be 40m.

Hmm ok...looks like if we want to build a truly top squad we will need to settle for a net loss this summer, but really the last few windows we haven't made a loss at all so we must be able to do it, plus with the new TV deal. Plus that doesn't include the Pav fee.

Thing is, this persistent M'Villa link complicates matters hugely. I can't see how we can afford him, plus Moutinho, plus Lloris, plus Willian, plus another striker.

Hmm ok...looks like if we want to build a truly top squad we will need to settle for a net loss this summer, but really the last few windows we haven't made a loss at all so we must be able to do it, plus with the new TV deal. Plus that doesn't include the Pav fee.

Thing is, this persistent M'Villa link complicates matters hugely. I can't see how we can afford him, plus Moutinho, plus Lloris, plus Willian, plus another striker.

I don't see us getting Mouthino: Lloris, Willian and M'Villa based on Modric money and any other incomings yes possibly. I would also guess if we did get another striker in we would move Defoe (maybe even VDV) on?

I still cant believe we are not far from getting LLoris.

He is just rated as the best keeper in the world with that german guy, Neuer. He has been saving Lyon times and times again.

I have lost a bit of faith in Levy, but if he pulls this one, then i'll have to say well done.

If he's a muppet, why would you care what he's saying?

He hinted at Fryers coming to us in January, not sure what else.

Oooooh somebody's cranky haha are you him? It was a simple question don't cry

I still cant believe we are not far from getting LLoris.

He is just rated as the best keeper in the world with that german guy, Neuer. He has been saving Lyon times and times again.

I have lost a bit of faith in Levy, but if he pulls this one, then i'll have to say well done.

is it you that is based in France ?

what do you think of this M'villa fella ?

I can't believe all this Friedel slating? He kept us in the match Saturday with some great saves, now we are in for Lloris and he is brick stuck to his line etc.. :rolleyes:

Back