• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: 1060 pages and a striker, but 113 pages later no more Modric summer transfer thre

@Football_Juice: Liverpool and Tottenham are are both in talks to sign Barcelona winger Ibrahim Afellay on a season-long loan.

Re: 1060 pages and a striker, but 113 pages later no more Modric summer transfer thre

And if we do not buy a striker in the next 100 odd hours we are fudged

I trust Levy knows this and was thinking Lloris was abit of a VDV type deal on top of a new midfielder and striker. Who knows? (except the ITKs obviously)

@Football_Juice: Liverpool and Tottenham are are both in talks to sign Barcelona winger Ibrahim Afellay on a season-long loan.

This fits well IMO.

Good player, in a position we need, on the cheap for this season - allowing us to spend more in other areas

The one ITK that has been saying Lloris all summer is The Journalist, who's been pretty poor with his other info. Some sources are better than others.

I have not been a mod for years, so I won't know anything about that.

yes you don't know anything about Moonlit being refered to as Spursfan1952 regularly.

Refering to Rossi as Jjetset is obviously said in jest as he hangs on every word he says. It isn't "starting a rumour" ffs. I'll be sure to pm you when i', refered to as "Harvey" or "Wilmot" as that's starting a rumour and not allowed on GG.

Affelay would be a good signing. In fact i'd much prefer him than Willian.

Matt Spiro ‏@mattspiro on twitter has been consistent for a while that we would eventually complete a deal for Lloris (French based journalist)

yes you don't know anything about Moonlit being refered to as Spursfan1952 regularly.

Refering to Rossi as Jjetset is obviously said in jest as he hangs on every word he says. It isn't "starting a rumour" ffs. I'll be sure to pm you when i', refered to as "Harvey" or "Wilmot" as that's starting a rumour and not allowed on GG.

I have seen it, but I don't know what has or hasn't been done about it.

If it's not starting a rumour, it might be considered an insult given your opinion on ITKs.

If you see someone breaking a rule, please report it.

Apparently City have somehow made Fiorentina agree to pay £12 million for Savic. Daniel Levy, you are no longer the greatest negotiator in football.

Haha. It's actually £12 million and Savic for Fiorentina defender Nastasic.

Why can't we throw in Bentley or Jenas somewhere? Or maybe that's why things take so long with us, Levy just won't give up until deadline day on trying to get them out.

Affelay would make more sense that Willian. We dont need another player in the VdV/Sigurddson role but need cover out wide.

I'd also be a lot more confident in a Dutchman settling in the UK than a South American - generalisation I know but there's a load of players like Kleberson, Anderson, Emerson etc etc who havent settled in the UK

Affelay would make more sense that Willian. We dont need another player in the VdV/Sigurddson role but need cover out wide.

I'd also be a lot more confident in a Dutchman settling in the UK than a South American - generalisation I know but there's a load of players like Kleberson, Anderson, Emerson etc etc who havent settled in the UK

Its not just that but he has done very well in Holland (better than the Ukraine) and trained (not played so much!) with Barca - he is used to a much higher level than Wilian.

1. This goes for you and others doing the same thing: Stop trying to infer that someone on here is JJetset or anyone else unless they admit to it themselves. Spreading rumours about other posters is a rule break.

2. I do not hang on his every word, but I believe he has inside knowledge. How genuine it is will vary.

3. I respond to posts desperately trying to catch him in the wrong, then using that to discredit everything he says.

ah, defensiveness and denial - the first two signs of guilt :lol:

I hope Brad is being kept in the loop - model pro, should at least be given the courtesy to try and secure a deal elsewhere if Lloris comes off. He's certainly good enough to play PL for another season.

Yes indeed.

But people should not expect Lloris to be perfect. He will flap at crosses and let in soft goals sometimes, all keepers do.

Cech has already let one squirm through him, as did Federici. And someone else too, was it Rob Green I presume!? He should be decent, but he is not GHod (he just retired)

I expect any keeper we buy to be as good as Friedel at shot stopping (reasonably good), better at coming off his line (mediocre or even poor will do) and to understand a form of distribution that isn't a high, long ball to Defoe.

Let me just get this straight. Are the mods saying it is a rule infraction to speculate on the identity of an ITK.
Or just to speculate on the identity of an ITK, if that speculation (as in the identity) is directed at a particular poster on GG.

And that would presumably be because it might upset them?
Or alternatively because it might result in a deluge of "I'm ITK" in the manner of Spartacus, thus hiding the identity of the real culprit, and resulting in a board meltdown.
(I'm guessing the former)

I hope Brad is being kept in the loop - model pro, should at least be given the courtesy to try and secure a deal elsewhere if Lloris comes off. He's certainly good enough to play PL for another season.

His interview with talksport a month or so ago (I think) demonstrated he is aware that the club would be looking for a longer-term keeper. He seemed very pragmatic and committed to the club regardless. Sure they will be keeping him informed in case he would like to move but I'd think that would be more likely in January.

There were some quotes from Friedel this summer that he knew he was a paid employee of Tottenham and would be happy with whatever the manager decided.

Back