• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: 1060 pages and a striker, but 113 pages later no more Modric summer transfer thre

Agreed - let's rather stick with the Premier League behemoths Defoe and Kane

Have to wait and see how that one pans out before complaining.

Berbatov is a fine player and a bargain at what seems to be the price - but if Levy see's him as having slighted the club I cannot imagine him going in for him.

Berbatov is not the only fine player around though, so its quite possible we will end up just fine...

Re: 1060 pages and a striker, but 113 pages later no more Modric summer transfer thre

What's that? Someone's trying to re-ignite the Berbatov debate.. Who? Where!? :barnet:

Ok - the name aside - do you really feel confident going into the season with such thin striker force?

I think we need another quality striker at the very least

Berbatov linked with a move to Fiorentina who finished 13th in Serie A last season

Surely we could offer a better meal than that

DOn't want him back in a Spurs shirt

Ok - the name aside - do you really feel confident going into the season with such thin striker force?

Agreed

I'm only joking... Yeah I think everyone here is stressing out about not having bought in a Remy, Leandro etc yet.. I don't particular like Defoe or Kane FWIW. I just think most would rather not need to discuss Berbatov unless he actually becomes a possibility.. and even though it's the last week of the window we still have several days left for a few more surprise names to pop up.

*Just to add, I frigging loved Berba.. one the best players I've seen live at the lane. But I don't think I want to go back there.

Setting aside our history with Berba, I think he would be great in a high pressing team because of his ability to hang onto the ball no matter what pressure he seems to be under, and make space for himself. He doesn't have to worry so much about being able to beat defenders in a leg race.

Attacking central midfielders: VdV and Sigurdsson

Strikers: Ade and Defoe

That's two (very) good players for each of those two positions. We then have some other players that can fill in for those roles as well. Wouldn't mind an upgrade on Defoe, someone more suitable to the kinda lone striker role, but I don't think we need more strikers.

If we sign another striker I hope it's someone young like Niang.

Barton tweeted that his head was already in Marseille or something earlier today. Would explain some of the brainless things he does.

You're assuming that his brain actually resides in his head...

I wonder if Bartons antics are well known in France??
I have an image of some Marseille fans reading his Wiki page in horror lol!

Attacking central midfielders: VdV and Sigurdsson

Strikers: Ade and Defoe

That's two (very) good players for each of those two positions. We then have some other players that can fill in for those roles as well. Wouldn't mind an upgrade on Defoe, someone more suitable to the kinda lone striker role, but I don't think we need more strikers.

If we sign another striker I hope it's someone young like Niang.

Defoe a good player in this position (lone man)?

We most definitely need cover because if Ade is injured or suspended we are fudged

won't be surprised to see last minute loans either.
just hope they're not way past sell date.

We most definitely need cover because if Ade is injured or suspended we are fudged

Sadly I agree with this. Defoe is a good striker, but not in the system AVB wants to play. More possibility that Defoe will leave this window if we manage to get some other striker in (not that I'm confident about that).

I think he's quite good yes, I think it can work quite well with him there under AVB. The main problem with him as a lone forward is that we lose just about every long ball we play. Under AVB I hope we will see more buildup from the back as soon as we get a (!#"¤&/%&"!%#¤&) playmaker in the squad and that will be less of a problem.

Marcos López ‏@futbolitis_aco
Tal y como hablábamos M'Vila era el objetivo de Arsenal y Tottenham tras salidas de Song y Modric. Vilas Boas le gana la batalla a Wenger.

This was the journo I posted last night who was clear that Modric was done and would be announced today with medical then press conference. Well he says we have beaten Wenger to M'Villa signing.

Based upon his performance Saturday I strongly disagree braineclipse. He was completely lost and ineffectual in the whole game, despite a clear rule on keeping the ball down...

Marcos López ‏@futbolitis_aco
Tal y como hablábamos M'Vila era el objetivo de Arsenal y Tottenham tras salidas de Song y Modric. Vilas Boas le gana la batalla a Wenger.

This was the journo I posted last night who was clear that Modric was done and would be announced today with medical then press conference. Well he says we have beaten Wenger to M'Villa signing.

Is there anything to suggest Wenger even wants him?

Seems he could have tied a deal up ages ago and back off...

Back