• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: 1060 pages and a striker, but 113 pages later no more Modric summer transfer thre

Ive long held the view that a new keeper (while nice to have) is not the highest priority. After Saturday Im swaying on that, Friedel looked really uncomfortable

I see AVB as a manager who puts great emphasis on enormous attention to detail, and thus while I held your view - that it is not the highest priority (in context of other deals we need to do) - it is something that does need to be addressed. Friedel is a great football servant and a damn fine keeper. Could he do a job for the season? In my view yes. But the opportunity to get Lloris - who will be better suited to what AVB's system demands, and at a price which is pretty reasonable considering his status - is too good an opportunity to miss.

Re: 1060 pages and a striker, but 113 pages later no more Modric summer transfer thre

DirectionFOOT @DirectionFOOT
Jean-Michel Aulas: "Nous avons eu des contacts avec Tottenham depuis hier. Maintenant, c'est Hugo qui a la clé".#OL#THFC

"We have had contact with Tottenham yesterday. Now, Hugo has the key"

Am I imagining it or does this guy pipe up every so often to remind us he's still there. I think he really wants to sell irrespective of what comes out of his mouth.

Anyway if we've had contact then there's probably a deal being worked on. I'm glad to be honest, as Brad, good as he is, won't go on much longer. I'd be happy with this transfer (and Dembele, and Moutinho, and Llorente, and Kaka on loan, and Leandro)

I see AVB as a manager who puts great emphasis on enormous attention to detail, and thus while I held your view - that it is not the highest priority (in context of other deals we need to do) - it is something that does need to be addressed. Friedel is a great football servant and a damn fine keeper. Could he do a job for the season? In my view yes. But the opportunity to get Lloris - who will be better suited to what AVB's system demands, and at a price which is pretty reasonable considering his status - is too good an opportunity to miss.

Im sort of on board with this. I still think CM and the Wings and up front are the KEY moves and take precedence, but if we could see to the GK situation as well then great

Am I imagining it or does this guy pipe up every so often to remind us he's still there. I think he really wants to sell irrespective of what comes out of his mouth.

Anyway if we've had contact then there's probably a deal being worked on. I'm glad to be honest, as Brad, good as he is, won't go on much longer. I'd be happy with this transfer (and Dembele, and Moutinho, and Llorente, and Kaka on loan, and Leandro)

:lol:

I always think that with vocal chairmen. See the Shaktar Donestk guy as Exhibit B

Come on, Hugo - do you really want to be winning titles in France when you could be involved in a stoppage time extravaganza week in and out, over here

Lloris, Dembele and Willian would be excellent!!!

Come on, Hugo - do you really want to be winning titles in France when you could be involved in a stoppage time extravaganza week in and out, over here

lol

Back