• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: 1060 pages and a striker, but 113 pages later no more Modric summer transfer thre

My boss, Man United fan, said Dembele was just unplayable against them on Saturday. And he normally just goes about United players. Said he was a fantastic player.

That's kinda bad though if we are competing with Utd as they'll have seen the merchandise up close, so to speak, and might decide to spend a little more. Lets face it, if they want him that's the end of that.

Re: 1060 pages and a striker, but 113 pages later no more Modric summer transfer thre

I've decided I really really want Dembele and Willian at the lane. I feel we're not properly spurs without a couple of flair step-over/dummy touting fanny merchants waltzing around the midfield.

There's nothing quite like the sight of a good dribbler blazing past players towards the penalty area. Lennon and Bale are decent but more in terms of knocking the ball past a full-back and using pure pace - its the tight situations that the above two could squirm out of and make the space Bale and Lennon need that we are missing.

I've decided I really really want Dembele and Willian at the lane. I feel we're not properly spurs without a couple of flair step-over/dummy touting fanny merchants waltzing around the midfield.

There's nothing quite like the sight of a good dribbler blazing past players towards the penalty area. Lennon and Bale are decent but more in terms of knocking the ball past a full-back and using pure pace - its the tight situations that the above two could squirm out of and make the space Bale and Lennon need that we are missing.

This
Watching Dembele in that clip has moved him to the top of my wishlist!

(Edit: If anyone has a Moutinho youtube clip this could change again)

Haha this guy is priceless - can anyone point out to me any of the above info that I couldn't have deduced myself from reading the press updates?
Still expecting Dawson to go, being from Darlington he would be happy to go to Sunderland, lad is 28 years old and either staying at spurs or going home are his preferred options. Jenas also available. Hudd still expecting to go on loan depending on incomings this week, and If anyone knows of a club who want bentley please let us know!

^^ That bit, because Dawson is from North Yorkshire not Darlington.

Born in Leyburn, North Yorkshire, Dawson grew up in Leyburn and attended Wensleydale school. He is the younger brother of Hull City defender Andy Dawson and Kevin Dawson (formerly of Chesterfield). He started his football career playing for his local team, Northallerton Junior Football club, and also spent a year playing for Richmond before signing as a junior professional with Nottingham Forest at the age of 14 He turned professional in November 2000 accumulating 91 appearances for Nottingham Forest including his début on 1 April 2002 against Walsall in a 3–2 home defeat.

So last year Chelsea's bid of £20m+ for Willian is rejected so this year if the stories are believed we offer £12m? Typical Spurs

You're assuming though that all cash we have goes to players. We also have the stadium to pay for!

Also if you say that Dembele would come in on 50k and Willian 60k and Modric was also on 60k, then by selling Modric and signing those two our wages bill has increased by 50k per week or £2.5m per year...which quickly eats into that £10m difference you mention

I know but it's still annoying, yes usually a £24m~ player is out of our league but that money and more has come from the player we're replacing. I know this is a very simple way of looking at it but we should be able to at least break even on our transfer dealings, so far this summer we've had -

Out:
Corluka £5.5m / £40k
Kranjcar £5.5m / £40k
Pienaar £4.5m / £70k
Modric £33m+ / £70k
Bassong £4m / £30k
Nelsen 0 / £20k
Saha 0 / £50k
Khumalo 0 / £10k

In:
Sigurdsson £8m / £50k
Vertonghen £8m / £60k
Ade £5m / £80k

All guesstimations obviously but we've spent roughly £21m and brought in £53m+, whilst taking on £200k~ in wages but also shedding over £300k - although with new contracts for Naughton, Caulker and Bale, it's probably a fair bit closer. Combine this with recent windows of consistent negative net spend we should have a decent amount of money to play with. As you said though it's probably all going toward the new stadium though. There's a good chance Dawson is on his way out too so that's another £9m / £50k pw being brought in.

[video=youtube;8A6foHHdgJc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8A6foHHdgJc#![/video]

I know it's only a youtube video, and i'm first one to be skeptical about them, but this video highlights what he's good at, and exactly what he did at the Lane on the last day of last season. He's deceptively quick with the ball at his feet, strong, quick feet, and uses the ball well, also with a very decent strike on him too. I'd be delighted if we got him personally

My GHod this guy gives me a quivering hard-on. If we haven't tried to get him yet, I've no idea why. In fact Jol said they've had no offers from anyone - very odd...

Seems like he's EXACTLY what we're looking for: relatively young, experienced in the league, is comfortable on the ball and can create things from deep, but would also excel in a pressing game (ridiclously good athlete and won more tackles in the league last year than anyone bar Cabaye (or maybe any other CM bar Cabaye, I forget...)

Sign him up Levy!

Let's say we can't afford Moutinho, and Man U comes in for Dembele and he goes there (which is a plausible scenario) Who is next on the list of creative/playmaker midfielders?

So last year Chelsea's bid of £20m+ for Willian is rejected so this year if the stories are believed we offer £12m? Typical Spurs

If we started at £20m they'd just ask for £30m. The issue is the speed of progress once the first bid is made.

Well, bringing Lloris in WOULD allow Willian to play higher up, seeing as we would in fact be playing with a goalkeeper. But so would bringing in M'Vila as a DM. I can see where people get confused about these things...

Maybe Lloris wasn't duty free after all and is still being held up at customs because Levy won't pay the VAT?

That's kinda bad though if we are competing with Utd as they'll have seen the merchandise up close, so to speak, and might decide to spend a little more. Lets face it, if they want him that's the end of that.

Well all summer we knew Modric was going to leave so we could have nipped in to sign then, especially when Utd were focusing on the RVP deal. Maybe if occasionally if we just stopped faffing about...........

If we started at £20m they'd just ask for £30m. The issue is the speed of progress once the first bid is made.
How about if we started from £12m a month ago and not after we have 1 point out of a possible 6

Well, bringing Lloris in WOULD allow Willian to play higher up, seeing as we would in fact be playing with a goalkeeper. But so would bringing in M'Vila as a DM. I can see where people get confused about these things...

Maybe Lloris wasn't duty free after all and is still being held up at customs because Levy won't pay the VAT?

:ross:

How about if we started from £12m a month ago and not after we have 1 point out of a possible 6

We don't really know what kind of talks have been had, it's all based on media reports. His name has been mentioned for a while, so I presume we didn't make first contact today.

How about we started in May when we knew Modric wants out and we need a replacement?

/mind blown

Back