• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: The 1060 pages and finally a striker summer transfer thread

If Levy isn't a fan and is in it purely for the money, then how the club achieves long-term is very much in his interests. He will gain far more from his cut of a £400 million sale of the club then from saving the odd million in the transfer market. We've seen plenty of examples where owners run their clubs as fans or as PR vehicles and many have gone belly up.

I agree. I think with Willian's comments, this comment and what AVB said that we will sign Willian very soon.

Here's a few more quotes

Spurs' Willian bid rejected

Ukraine giants Shakhtar Donetsk refuse to sell at £11.8million

Last Updated: August 27, 2012 9:35am

Sky Sports Chief News Reporter Bryan Swanson has spoken to Shakhtar's chief executive, who confirmed an offer has been rebuffed.

Andre Villas-Boas is eager to bring in additional firepower before the close of the transfer window on Friday and has earmarked Willian as his number one target.

The Portuguese tactician reportedly tried to sign the 24-year-old when Chelsea manager, with a sizeable offer rumoured to have been lodged last summer.

It is an interest Villas-Boas has resurrected upon moving to White Hart Lane, but it seems Tottenham will have to up the ante to land the player.

Willian, who has won 11 caps for his country, spoke last week of a desire to quit Ukraine for the Premier League.

"I don't regret having come here, but I regret what's been going on with this situation. Chelsea tried to sign me, now Tottenham, so I have to rethink," he said.

During his time at Shakhtar, Willian has helped them to three domestic titles and UEFA Cup success since arriving from Corinthians in 2007.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/8022811/Spurs-Willian-bid-rejected

I don't know if he is totally money-motivated, and he isn't the worst chairman in the world, but I do know if this was Sugar there would uproar.

We have a much better team now than we did under Sugar. A lot of that is down to Levy thinking long term when it comes to transfers and finances. He will take a couple of poor results to get the deals he wants.

If we had signed Ade and three others on 1 July (in addition to Sig and Verts) they would have cost us £2-3 millions in wages by now, not to mention we would have had to pay much higher fees to get the deals sorted early. All in all it might equate to an extra signing.

Sky Sports @SkySports
Wolves have completed the signing of Rennes winger Razak Boukari on a four-year deal.

Shipping out their players for inflated fees, then signing cheap replacements from abroad.

Fee is supposedly 33m rising to 38m potentially. Word is that as Real lost yesterday they panicked a little and caved in.

There's nothing in our partnership that entitles us to their players for a pittance. What I've read is that it relates to players coming through their youth system, which Oscar did not. Anyway, Chelsea's money made it pointless for us to continue our pursuit.

Probably also means that we are informed of bids on their players and given a chance to match them.
But when someone comes in wth a mega-money bid, the kindlest partnership arrangement ever won't help.

It's funny how our official website focuses on the fact that we have entered into some sort of partnership with Real Madrid, while Real Madrid's website doesn't mention that partnership with a single word. :p

Fee is supposedly 33m rising to 38m potentially. Word is that as Real lost yesterday they panicked a little and caved in.

Lost the first leg of the Super cup to Barca, 1 point from two matches in the league and no signings before today. And people think we've got it bad.

If we had signed Ade and three others on 1 July (in addition to Sig and Verts) they would have cost us £2-3 millions in wages by now, not to mention we would have had to pay much higher fees to get the deals sorted early. All in all it might equate to an extra signing.

We won't really be able to tell until Friday but what if leaving it sooooo late means clubs refuse to sell to us unless it's an overinflated fee....where is the savings then?

And by not doing our deals early how much would that cost us by the end of the season? Last season just 1 point cost us more than we could ever imagine so saving a bit here and there on wages could end up costing us far more like it did last season!

It's funny how our official website focuses on the fact that we have entered into some sort of partnership with Real Madrid, while Real Madrid's website doesn't mention that partnership with a single word. :p

Yes it does

http://www.realmadrid.com/cs/Satell...ia/ComunicadoOficial/Oficial_Announcement.htm

They had the official announcement - stock exchange related? - mentioning the agreement
And a seperate larger one with details about Modric for their fans.

We won't really be able to tell until Friday but what if leaving it sooooo late means clubs refuse to sell to us unless it's an overinflated fee....where is the savings then?

And by not doing our deals early how much would that cost us by the end of the season? Last season just 1 point cost us more than we could ever imagine so saving a bit here and there on wages could end up costing us far more like it did last season!

If we make our first bid now there's not much to be saved, but in the case of Vertonghen it took the time it had to for the price to come down. Meeting half way isn't as simple as one might think in these kind of negotiations.

I think that a reality check is needed by some people on here. We are Spurs we generate our own income from player sales and tickets and selling shirts and the like. We don't have 14/15 years CL money like Arsenal we don't have sugar daddies like Emirates Marketing Project and Chelsea and we don't have a huge global business like Man Utd and Liverpool.

What we do have is an astute chairman who does his very best to make the best deals for this club and if that means not buying players until 31st August or paying more than what a player is worth. We also have a very good team that is difficult to improve without signing next level players which we sadly cannot afford.

If we get CL football it should be looked in as a bonus because with the money we can afford we shouldn't be near the top four.

I have nothing but absolute faith that every decision Levy makes is in the best interests of THFC. Talk of him lining his own pockets from transfer deals is just ridiculous.

Willian is class, and he would be an immense signing, mark my words. That said, I don't think we have the money to make it happen. I'd be so happy for Moutinho, Willian, Lloris, and Modric out, but at this rate Dembele for 15 mil, plus Niang/some other young cheapish striker will do.

How so? I havent seen enough of him to know better...

I think that a reality check is needed by some people on here. We are Spurs we generate our own income from player sales and tickets and selling shirts and the like. We don't have 14/15 years CL money like Arsenal we don't have sugar daddies like Emirates Marketing Project and Chelsea and we don't have a huge global business like Man Utd and Liverpool.

What we do have is an astute chairman who does his very best to make the best deals for this club and if that means not buying players until 31st August or paying more than what a player is worth. We also have a very good team that is difficult to improve without signing next level players which we sadly cannot afford.

If we get CL football it should be looked in as a bonus because with the money we can afford we shouldn't be near the top four.

I have nothing but absolute faith that every decision Levy makes is in the best interests of THFC. Talk of him lining his own pockets from transfer deals is just ridiculous.

And even if some of them don't turn out that way, I don't believe he ever wants anything but the best for this club.

Boo! Burn him! Down with common sense!

guillem balague labels daniel levy "the most intelligent man in football". eat that haters

As mentioned before, he is a genius and one of the best chairmen in world football. The ones that cant see it are unable to grasp that fact and most likely never will. It's beyond them.

Back