• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: 1060 pages and a striker, but 113 pages later no more Modric summer transfer thre

Modric finally gone....4.5 days to get a creative CM in otherwise our season looks screwed

Re: 1060 pages and a striker, but 113 pages later no more Modric summer transfer thre

It's funny with Dembele, some suggestions saying Levy would be willing to sanction it but AVB isn't so keen. Maybe it's a similar reason to Huddlestone not being rated right now - maybe Dembele's pressing isn't all it is could be?

Re: The 1060 pages and finally a striker summer transfer thread

Not at all - perhaps we did want him but the steps above influenced his decision - it all depends on what you choose to believe

- the feel good excuse
- the feel fudged over excuse

Madrid held the power in this one, not the player IMO. Sahin is being loaned, not sold, which is almost always at the parent clubs discretion.

That Mourinho stated he didnt care where Sahin went says to me they...didnt care.

Had we leant on them on the Modric negotiations they would have cared, and would have made different moves IMHO.

I dont think we wanted them, hence he was free to do as he wished

It's funny with Dembele, some suggestions saying Levy would be willing to sanction it but AVB isn't so keen. Maybe it's a similar reason to Huddlestone not being rated right now - maybe Dembele's pressing isn't all it is could be?

From what I have seen its very good. His tacking rate is also high.

He is big, strong, quick, agile and has 90 minutes in him easily - in those respects he fits as well.

What I am unclear of with him is his short passing/keep the ball moving game.

Otherwise his dribbling etc would be a huge asset

Greg Stobart @gstobart

Willian pulled a Modric and wasn't in the right frame of mind to play for Shakhtar against Karparty yesterday. His club want £20m
All parties expect Willian deal to be done, Internacional rejected £18m for Damiao.Dembele bid being considered but AVB still wants Moutinho

Who: Roger Morgan
Where: SO
When: 27th August

We have made a call about Dzagoev but his club ae tough to deal with

Alan Dzagoev's dad says Tottenham want to sign him from CSKA Moscow, the playmaker was one of the stars of the Euro 2012 group stages before Russia were surprisingly knocked out.

Dzagoev is keen to test himself in one of Europe's top leagues and has also been tracked by Arsenal, Chelsea and Real Madrid.
But Tottenham are also said to be in the frame.

'I don't know if he will stay at CSKA,' said his father, Tariel. 'There are offers - from Spurs and other foreign clubs.

'But I tell him not to hurry. Yury Zhirkov ran off to Chelsea and sat on the bench.'

Many suitors had been attracted by claims that Dzagoev would become a free agent at the end of the year, but the 22-year-old secretly signed an extended deal last year.

Dzagoev scored three goals at Euro 2012 and was also impressive in Russia's qualification campaign when playing as an advanced midfielder.

Madrid held the power in this one, not the player IMO. Sahin is being loaned, not sold, which is almost always at the parent clubs discretion.

That Mourinho stated he didnt care where Sahin went says to me they...didnt care.

Had we leant on them on the Modric negotiations they would have cared, and would have made different moves IMHO.

They cannot force him into a club

Ballague actually called it weeks ago and Alonso had spoken to him personally

Plus the fees/wages Liverpool are allegedly paying are immense considering the 1 year 'no option to buy' deal - i.e. no go for Levy - rather spend those wages on a player we'd own

Roger Morgan is the one who got Bales contract extension (the only one to call it) so assume he has some contacts. Doesnt post much and generally the ones who dont post daily tend to be the better ones.

No matter what - Friday is going to be carnage - classic SSN Exclusive Spurs extravaganza

Can't wait!

How long we gotta put up with the geordie pie man Arc?

It's been reported that Liverpool are willing to pay a large loan fee as well - something that Levy wouldn't want to do for someone on another club's books.

Tottenham have submitted a bid to sign 22-year-old France midfielder Yann M'Vila from Rennes, according to the Ligue 1 club.

It is understood Spurs have proposed a fee of £12.7m with add-ons, though Rennes want an unconditional £15m.

The French club replied to Tottenham's written offer by suggesting face-to-face talks but are yet to hear back.

Another unnamed Premier League club have registered interest in signing M'Vila, although it is not Arsenal.

After M'Vila rejected moves to Zenit St Petersburg and Shakhtar Donetsk, Tottenham's bid is the only one on the table at present.

M'Vila, who featured in his side's 3-2 victory over Bastia on Saturday, hoped to travel to London early this week to discuss personal terms and undergo a medical - but the transfer has not developed as swiftly as expected.

If he does join Tottenham it could see Rafael van der Vaart leave White Hart Lane, despite the Dutchman occupying a more advanced position on the pitch.

Van der Vaart has been linked with a return to Hamburg while fellow midfielder Luka Modric is expected to sign for Real Madrid.

Spurs are further depleted in that area by Scott Parker's Achilles injury, while Tom Huddlestone could join Stoke on loan.

M'Vila had been linked with Arsenal but there has so far been no concrete interest from the Gunners this summer.

Reports in France suggest there has also been recent interest from Everton and Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

M'Vila made 61 appearances for Rennes and France last season, featuring in three of his country's four Euro 2012 matches.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19367435

They cannot force him into a club

Ballague actually called it weeks ago and Alonso had spoken to him personally

Plus the fees/wages Liverpool are allegedly paying are immense considering the 1 year 'no option to buy' deal - i.e. no go for Levy - rather spend those wages on a player we'd own

Of course they can, they own him.

I can see Liverpool made it easy for them, and that its a bit rich for Levys blood - but that is based upon Levy playing the game on Liverpools level. The Modric negotiations would have meant that was never the case, there was a big deal to be leveraged into Madrid concessions.

I simply think we didnt want him, else we would have made our position count.

Back