• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: The 1060 pages and finally a striker summer transfer thread

Guillem Balague also says we go to the transfer window as equals to Madrid. Not sure what that part is referring to....Maybe the partnership means we take 4 European Cups and a dozen or so Spanish league titles?

We can claim Real's trophies as ours? Take that West Ham with your World Cup.

Plus according to other journos, the bid has barely changed since the initial offer. So, if true, why have we waited so long to say yes?

Equals? Real Madrid have never won the Carling Cup.

Plus according to other journos, the bid has barely changed since the initial offer. So, if true, why have we waited so long to say yes?

is that the same journos who continue to spout brick and always 'know' after the fact

Could be the addons. There are probably loads of small print clauses in that deal.

gonads. if we finish couple points behind 4th then it will because of how we performed over the season

The first 2 games being part of that season. Don't forget that the player's optimism might be reduced and so lower morale provides lesser results and the first two games have a knock on effect.

I appreciate what you are saying but we KNEW when the season started. The first game wasn't a WTF surprise to Levy when it came around. As a business you need to build to be ready for when the trading and real action starts. Can you imagine a supermarket opening without any neat in the freezers and we find out that the reason why is that the owner is haggling for best price. Part of the potential of the platform for success is lost through ineffective trading and it becomes a lot harder to subsequently succeed to the levels which had initially been possible.

yes, one of the most respected journos in world football..... u know with real contacts in the game

Doesn't every top journo have contacts in the game? And I know it's opinion but it's still the musings of just one man.

I'll sit back and wait to see what happens now. I'm fed up with our transfer dealings, it's the same every window, we've sold too many players and hardly brought anyone in. Add in 2 stupid dropped points v WBA, the dropped points v Saudi Sportswashing Machine is frustrating but more acceptable due to their quality at home, I'll wait now until the window closes. Let us hope we sign a few top players by then.

guillem balague labels daniel levy "the most intelligent man in football". eat that haters

Of course he is! He is making a lot of money for himself and his company.

We`re losing games and losing top players, while hes making a lot of money. No wonder hes intelligent.

Id rather he was intelligent in buying rather than selling. Hes a businessman, and doesnt care about the club, just wants to make money.

I want a man as intelligent as Graham Carr at the club. A man who identifies top level talent and buys at cheap prices. :D

Of course he is! He is making a lot of money for himself and his company.

We`re losing games and losing top players, while hes making a lot of money. No wonder hes intelligent.

Id rather he was intelligent in buying rather than selling. Hes a businessman, and doesnt care about the club, just wants to make money.

:ross: hahaha ive heard it all now.... i love gg, havent laughed this much in ages

Willian was left out of Shakhtar's squad for their league game against Karpaty on Sunday, with the coach Mircea Lucescu revealing he was not in the right frame of mind.

"Does anyone of you believe that in his current situation his head produces thoughts in the direction of right thinking?" he said to reporters. "I wouldn't like him to play and suffer an injury today, but this could happen. He will have some rest, and then we will see what to do with him.

"We have a week before the transfer window closes, during which, perhaps, everything will be solved."

I don't know if he is totally money-motivated, and he isn't the worst chairman in the world, but I do know if this was Sugar there would uproar.

Willian was left out of Shakhtar's squad for their league game against Karpaty on Sunday, with the coach Mircea Lucescu revealing he was not in the right frame of mind.

"Does anyone of you believe that in his current situation his head produces thoughts in the direction of right thinking?" he said to reporters. "I wouldn't like him to play and suffer an injury today, but this could happen. He will have some rest, and then we will see what to do with him.

"We have a week before the transfer window closes, during which, perhaps, everything will be solved."

I think he's ours - my gut feeling is strong on this one

I agree. I think with Willian's comments, this comment and what AVB said that we will sign Willian very soon.

Back