• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: The 1060 pages and finally a striker summer transfer thread

I think that a reality check is needed by some people on here. We are Spurs we generate our own income from player sales and tickets and selling shirts and the like. We don't have 14/15 years CL money like Arsenal we don't have sugar daddies like Emirates Marketing Project and Chelsea and we don't have a huge global business like Man Utd and Liverpool.

What we do have is an astute chairman who does his very best to make the best deals for this club and if that means not buying players until 31st August or paying more than what a player is worth. We also have a very good team that is difficult to improve without signing next level players which we sadly cannot afford.

If we get CL football it should be looked in as a bonus because with the money we can afford we shouldn't be near the top four.

I have nothing but absolute faith that every decision Levy makes is in the best interests of THFC. Talk of him lining his own pockets from transfer deals is just ridiculous.

=D>

Last Minute Levy obviously thinks this partnership will justify selling Modric late for a lesser fee with no replacement. These partnerships mean squat-we've got four now and bar Sandro (which I think was beforehand anyway) our sum reward is rubbish friendly matches in the middle of nowhere and Khumalo. cheers. sick of our idiotic transfer "policy".

Obviously....? Not for me.

The partnership is obviously something he sees fruits in, so cant be a bad thing, but I doubt its his means of justifying the sale of Modric.

As to 'late' - Im actually pleasantly surprised - I thought it wouldnt happen until Friday lunchtime :lol:

I admire your patience, and admit I can be reactionary, but I think it's disgraceful we have a chairman who thinks it's fine to give teams a two game headstart to save a few bob. There's canny financial management but then there's taking the ****. And it's the same every year.

I can only imagine he isnt doing it by choice, that he would certainly prefer to start the season with a complete squad and that "saving a few bob" is in fact an essential part of business for us (or, on the flipside, we simply dont have a few bob to waste)

Re: 1060 pages and a striker, but 113 pages later no more Modric summer transfer thre

Who: Roger Morgan
Where: SO
When: 27th August

We have made a call about Dzagoev but his club ae tough to deal with

I think he's ours - my gut feeling is strong on this one

I think he sounds EXTREMELY similar to Modric in his sad sad moaning interviews and "head not right to play" ploys.

I hope he is worth it. This behaviour can be destructive.

I also hope all those who railed against Modric remember this...

I think he sounds EXTREMELY similar to Modric in his sad sad moaning interviews and "head not right to play" ploys.

I hope he is worth it. This behaviour can be destructive.

I also hope all those who railed against Modric remember this...

But this one wants to come to us, so it's a worthy cause...

Re: 1060 pages and a striker, but 113 pages later no more Modric summer transfer thre

Who is Roger Morgan?

Not really sure, although some on SC seem to think he's a decent ITK just doesn't post much.

With revelations like that though you'd think he'd post more lol

Edit: think he works for the Mail

I think there will be a pre season comp like the ajax cup, starting at WHL then moved to the USA, they will call it the LEDLEY KING CUP. :-k

We share the proceeds.

He certainly avoids putting a spin on things to look more important.

As mentioned before, he is a genius and one of the best chairmen in world football. The ones that cant see it are unable to grasp that fact and most likely never will. It's beyond them.

But you can.................I'm in awe

Maybe we are getting the local Madrid govenment to build us a new stadium

I think there will be a pre season comp like the ajax cup, starting at WHL then moved to the USA, they will call it the LEDLEY KING CUP. :-k

We share the proceeds.

The Luka Modric Trophy. Winner gets Luka for the next season.

whenever I hear Roger Morgan I think of Roger Mellie

[video=youtube_share;lfj2DPPGW2o]http://youtu.be/lfj2DPPGW2o[/video]

Back