• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: The 1060 pages and finally a striker summer transfer thread

Willian last week, i know it is ukraine football but looks decent and will certainly lighten up WHL..... [video=youtube;9VVgFVUMKTQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VVgFVUMKTQ[/video]

Who: Archibald
Where: Spurs Odyssey
When: 26/08/12

Re: mystery man in the photo

its nobody, a youth player!

Re: next week

busy and difficult week..
its a very difficult window and Man C havent ebven spent yet really.

The competition is fierce and the money being asked for players is excessive.

Trust in levy to deliver this week, im sure there will be at least 2 in with maybe 4/5 out inc loans.

Re: Dembele

its not the money with him.

Someone asked what is the issue?

not sure but the fee isnt the problem

The key thing about Willian is that AVB clearly like him, so if he comes in I am happy that AVB is starting to get the players he wants.

Hope we get him, could do with a player with a brain rather than our gameplan being entirely based around "give it to one of those quick lads on the wing".

I agree. At present we lack that kind of craft, creativity and intelligence. We cannot play a constant high press athletic game and expect it to work. Players be dead by Christmas. If we had had better retention and craft from the front line yesterday I am sure we would have been better equipped to have taken our chances, and to maintain our shape when changes were made.

Sky sources expect talks to resume between Dawson and QPR tomorrow.

Tbh, a creative midfielder should be top priority, especially after seeing yesterdays game. We made chances yes, but none are like really clear cut, the defence splitting pass we were used too. No matter what anyone says.... We will miss Modric.... Unless we get a replacement or keep him and someone how get him back to him to his usual self! The former seems the most likely but it is a MUST

I think Tom Ince is worth a punt if we don't get Willian.

Anyone know if this Willian guy can play as one of the central two in our 4-2-3-1?

Would be quite happy to see him sign even if he's just a pure attacking midfielder, would give us 5 real quality options for those 3 spots meaning real competition for places, that even with an injury we could have someone on the bench that's quality and a real game changer, some rotation. Still think a central midfielder would be good though :)

I know nothing more about Willian than (most of) the rest of you, but if he's been thoroughly scouted by AVB and people he trusts (seems very likely) and he has some flashy youtube videos that's good enough for me.

I think he'll be replacing/competing with Lennon, mate.

This is so fudging depressing. How weird that we push hard for the signings we don't actually need and are first to sign players in positions we don't actually need but when it's the positions we need we dwell and dwell.

For what it's worth i haven't seen Willian apart from a few Shakter European games and youtube highlights but i will say that his youtube compilation is quite frankly the worst youtube highlight compilation i've see for a footballer.

Anyone predict this window would be like deja vu all over again? I didn't, I naively believed AVB meant Levy had a plan. Still we've had planty of bids rejected so at least we are trying...

Anyone predict this window would be like deja vu all over again? I didn't, I naively believed AVB meant Levy had a plan. Still we've had planty of bids rejected so at least we are trying...

I'll get back to you in a week..

Duncan Castles apparently saying we're in for Anderson and Remy. Doesn't exactly fill me with excitement as Anderson seems to be consistently injured and I'm not convinced Remy is good enough.

They strike me as well down the list in terms of what we were previously targeting. But Castles has been pretty inaccurate about most things so probably rubbish. Do not rate Anderson at all though (mainly because of his injury record and lack of impact at Utd). Edit: Castles says we had an approach for him rejected by Fergie

Back