• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: The 1060 pages and finally a striker summer transfer thread

I think both Sandro and Livermore were plenty capable of sideways passing, it was the creating space and options that was really lacking IMO

They tend to look forwards with most passes from what I've seen. Parker is quite happy to play one-twos with the centre-halves and eat up 30 seconds before we move up the pitch. It was something I quite enjoyed when we were leading last year, tempo goes out of the other team. West Brom had chances because we were wasteful and recycling possession too much.

gotta remember THFC is privately owned. its Levy's personal plaything that we are supporting now.

If we spend anywhere near 20 mill on Willian then we are just as bad as liverpool. He is over hyped and not much better than Townsend. Step overs don't get you goals.

I agree, but for me its where I just have not seen that many games in Russia to bring an informed reason why, just think that you have to trust those that know. AvB has wanted him for quite a while now according to the media, whether when at Chelsea or present. I would have prefered Carzola.

How do you know they are not? Everyone seems to be ITK in there own way.

I suspect we would have bought someone by now if we knew of these bargains.

If AVB said to Levy - I tell you what, rather than £15m on Willian's stepovers, why don't we get Rumbaba from Levante or Winkledingdong from Young Boys or Moopoo from Sochaux...

When Tottingham go into the UEFA we will come up against a raft of talent and say "crikey, that lad tossini looks good" so... I hoped we would snap up some of these quick-smart.

I don't think clubs will want their best players to leave with 2 days left, as they can't replace. If we struggle with target 1 and 2, suddenly we have 3 hours left to persuade someone to sell their star man and I fear it ain't gonna happen, and we'll be told "they changed the price, it's not our fault, it's not fair - BUT IT IS YOUR FAULT IF YOU LEAVE IT TIL THE LAST DAY!"

I suspect we would have bought someone by now if we knew of these bargains.

If AVB said to Levy - I tell you what, rather than £15m on Willian's stepovers, why don't we get Rumbaba from Levante or Winkledingdong from Young Boys or Moopoo from Sochaux...

When Tottingham go into the UEFA we will come up against a raft of talent and say "crikey, that lad tossini looks good" so... I hoped we would snap up some of these quick-smart.

I don't think clubs will want their best players to leave with 2 days left, as they can't replace. If we struggle with target 1 and 2, suddenly we have 3 hours left to persuade someone to sell their star man and I fear it ain't gonna happen, and we'll be told "they changed the price, it's not our fault, it's not fair - BUT IT IS YOUR FAULT IF YOU LEAVE IT TIL THE LAST DAY!"

Yep and there's more clubs with more money than a few seasons ago so fewer clubs feel compelled to sell. Same as us with Modric last summer

It doesnt help that, if press reports are right, always offer waaaaay below what clubs want for players. I dont think we should be caving in and offering the asking price but if you read what clubs want for Moutinho, Willian, Lloris, Leandro and various others, then we seem to offer about £10m or so less. With clubs knowing that we've got £30m-£40m coming from Modric and knowing that we're desperate and knowing that we're English so are quite rich anywya, there's no way we'll get players for what we offer

My prediction come 1st sept;

Dawson -gone perm
Hudd -gone on loan

Modric-still a thfc

One player in- not a big name,midfielder

William not in the squad for shaktar tonight, surely looking good for us. Very weird he's our modric replacement or back up striker...

We clearly need competition to our wide areas. I have a feeling that Spurs fans won't take to him though as he has the audacity to drift inside occasionally rather than running in a straight line all the time.

We clearly need competition to our wide areas. I have a feeling that Spurs fans won't take to him though as he has the audacity to drift inside occasionally rather than running in a straight line all the time.

That only works in our formation if all the 3 become fluid and interchangable

That only works in our formation if all the 3 become fluid and interchangable

Aubameyang scored two more today, should take a punt on him while we have a chance.

Sky Sports sources understand Scott Sinclair will join Emirates Marketing Project on Tuesday for £6.2million.

will be taking Johnson's place on the bench

His pace should help him feature more, though.

In any case, hope we get Willian. Those 'useless' step-overs many of our esteemed posters think are superfluous are actually precisely what almost no one in our squad can pull off consistently. We need a good dribbler or two, or we'll be forever reduced to passing out wide and waiting for a cross into a penalty box filled with opposition defenders who are more than happy to play horrifically deep and wait for us to try to play through them.

Jetset says

- No Damiao this window (implying he's staying with Inter for the rest of their season)
- AVB doesn't want Dembele
- Willian v.close
- No Llorente
- No Lloris
- No M'Vila
- Doesn't think there's much chance of Nani but didn't dismiss it entirely

crazy if true

His pace should help him feature more, though.

In any case, hope we get Willian. Those 'useless' step-overs many of our esteemed posters think are superfluous are actually precisely what almost no one in our squad can pull off consistently. We need a good dribbler or two, or we'll be forever reduced to passing out wide and waiting for a cross into a penalty box filled with opposition defenders who are more than happy to play horrifically deep and wait for us to try to play through them.

I agree, look at the effect Hazard has had on Chelsea so far just by running with the ball, being more direct and creating space by doing so.

We only have players who use their pace for runs rather than full on dribbling/skills.

My prediction come 1st sept;

Dawson -gone perm
Hudd -gone on loan

Modric-still a thfc

One player in- not a big name,midfielder

I would take that.
Modric settled down last year and did alright, can't see why he wouldn't do it again.

Modric is as good as gone I'd say. Massive shame because he is genuinely top class. The issue is whether we will, or can, replace him. Not necessarily like for like, but in terms of players able to play to the system AVB wants. This week will be interesting, my belief is that we should not expect much or else be disappointed. Levy will, however, prove successful in extracting full value for outgoing sales.

Back