• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pedro Porro

Feels odd that a £2.6m payment will have somehow been forgotten and only come up when we're about to sign him

"well I heard it's because of the admin fees"
"my guy reckons it's the payment structure"

Maybe I haven't followed Portuguese transfers (or any in general) close enough but the only other time I've heard of additional fees that the buying club have to pay on behalf of the selling club to get a transfer over the line was Moutinho and that Dybala gonad*s over image rights.

Almost as if it's total gonad*s?!

Visions of Paratici and Levy staring at a wheel of doom, hitting refresh over and over in a desperate attempt to get in before deadline day, finally getting to add Pedro to their basket, then Sporting chuck them out and they have to start all over again.
"You are the 4th club in our queue. Your call is important to us and an advisor will be with you shortly..."

Ironically this is the very thing Levy has been accused off in the past, karma is a bitch.

Probably fairly similar.

Couple of million pounds. I know we get blind to these things the way transfer fees and wages are these days, but that's a lot of money. Can understand both wanting to squeeze out a bit extra and being unwilling to pay the extra bit.

Even for big clubs like us, relatively big clubs like Sporting, that's quite a lot of money. These big deals don't come around that often, if you can use the opportunity to gain a couple of million pounds, why wouldn't they. Why wouldn't we?

Frustrating for us, surely frustrating for Porro too. Can only hope we get it done.

Probably fairly similar.

Couple of million pounds. I know we get blind to these things the way transfer fees and wages are these days, but that's a lot of money. Can understand both wanting to squeeze out a bit extra and being unwilling to pay the extra bit.

Even for big clubs like us, relatively big clubs like Sporting, that's quite a lot of money. These big deals don't come around that often, if you can use the opportunity to gain a couple of million pounds, why wouldn't they. Why wouldn't we?

Frustrating for us, surely frustrating for Porro too. Can only hope we get it done.

I think people sometimes miss this point. I heard one of the journos say recently that football clubs aren't really cash rich by any stretch of the imagination. They're just the vehicle that a lot of money passes through to make a lot of other people very rich (players, agents, owners etc). There's a lot of truth in that.

I think people sometimes miss this point. I heard one of the journos say recently that football clubs aren't really cash rich by any stretch of the imagination. They're just the vehicle that a lot of money passes through to make a lot of other people very rich (players, agents, owners etc). There's a lot of truth in that.

Definitely agree.

And these "smaller" sums can make a real difference longer term. Not only that they stack up if you're consistently willing to be taken advantage of. But also in investment to things like backroom staff, scouting networks, academy recruitment etc.

Give Paratici an extra couple of million to spend away from first team transfers, I'm sure he could find a good use for it.

A handful of these situations could be the difference between being able to make a Sarr type signing or not.

I know we get blind to these things the way transfer fees and wages are these days, but that's a lot of money

It is, though to put it in context, how does it compare to what extra which generate from beating Preston and getting a home draw in the next round from tickets, corporate, food/drink, bit of TV, other merchandise etc?

Back