• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pedro Porro

It's not the financial cost its the capital tie up.

I'm not sure on the window of the clause tbh.
I don't think our negotiating is odd. We rightfully think we've got it done. If the other side goes wobbly/unreasonable what can you do.

Agreed.

The only thing we can/should do imo is make sure we have other targets/options as well.

If things get too unreasonable walk away.

Really hope we sign him of course. Perhaps he's worth stretching further for, but I'm definitely not in the "just pay the money Levy" camp.

What's stopping Sporting (and other clubs) from just doing the same again. Reach an agreement, then change their terms last minute.

The only way we can have good negotiations and avoid being taken advantage of is if we're also willing to not do the deal. That requires orket options, like with Kulusevski last season.

It's not the financial cost its the capital tie up.

I'm not sure on the window of the clause tbh.
I don't think our negotiating is odd. We rightfully think we've got it done. If the other side goes wobbly/unreasonable what can you do.
Yep. Feels like they don't like us much. Someone must have known.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

Sporting, his agents, the intermediaries involved who you would have thought would do as much research and due diligence into all the contracts and clauses they were supposedly basing their negotiations on...

But if we were never planning to trigger the release clause, wanting instead a negotiated, installment-plan deal, then we may well have known but it would have been irrelevant.

Some outlets are reporting the release clause is only valid in the summer window, others that it can only be triggered in the first 12 days of a window, others that it has to be triggered before the last 12 days of a window.
The deal is off. But it's on if we pay another €3M. Porro is in London. Porro is not in London.
It's almost as if no one really knows!
In the meantime there's meltdown amongst elements of the Spurs fanbase. Some of whom seem far too pleased this is happening because it seemingly endorses their Levy/ENIC out message.

But if we were never planning to trigger the release clause, wanting instead a negotiated, installment-plan deal, then we may well have known but it would have been irrelevant.

Some outlets are reporting the release clause is only valid in the summer window, others that it can only be triggered in the first 12 days of a window, others that it has to be triggered before the last 12 days of a window.
The deal is off. But it's on if we pay another €3M. Porro is in London. Porro is not in London.
In the meantime there's meltdown amongst elements of the Spurs fanbase. Some of whom seem far too pleased this is happening because it seemingly endorses their Levy/ENIC out message.

It's almost as if the media loves a drama and the fan base buy into it every time.

Both sides are trying to get the best deal possible. It will happen or it won't.

You only need to look at the tweet posted above to see how opinions on these situations are completely agenda driven. Some of those you can't blame Levy on even if you stretch credibility to its outer limits.

It just tinkles me off when I hear "just spend the money" as if it's small sums he's playing with here. We're talking millions of pounds. Yeah, sometimes his style costs us (Grealish) but he often gets it right and sometimes spectacularly so (VDV). I know very little about transfer negotiations, like most fans, so find it hard to criticise Levy/the club too heavily on that front particularly on individual transfers where there can be so many variables.

The only thing we can/should do imo is make sure we have other targets/options as well.
And aren't we always banging on that this is the plate spinning Paraticis speciality?

Although it is January and there could quite literally be no-one else we like.
You have to remember we are looking for someone who is better than the 3 options we have. Someone that is nailed on to be more suited and better, not hope they are. It's big money after all.

Sporting, his agents, the intermediaries involved who you would have thought would do as much research and due diligence into all the contracts and clauses they were supposedly basing their negotiations on...
You'd think if Porro himself wanted to come his agent would volunteer all we wanted to know about his current contract situation. I don't think 'Sporting not telling us' is relevant, we'd know through other channels.

There's a reason we didn't just pay the release fee and it either 1.the dates it was active. 2. the payment structure it demanded.

And aren't we always banging on that this is the plate spinning Paraticis speciality?

Although it is January and there could quite literally be no-one else we like.
You have to remember we are looking for someone who is better than the 3 options we have. Someone that is nailed on to be more suited and better, not hope they are. It's big money after all.

Absolutely.

Though for me another option wouldn't have to be a right wing back. Like you say, it's not like we don't have any players in that position.

Or to put it in other words. If the Porro deal falls through and we end up with only Danjuma for the first team I don't think it's a good window. We needed a good window. I don't think we need a RWB to make it a good window.

I would be a bit surprised and a bit disappointed if Paratici didn't have other plates spinning that could make it a good window even if the Porro deal falls through.

No way you'd pay anything like that for transaction fees.

Exactly. It just doesn't make sense. I assume we'd pay from a Euro account, so any FX risk is on us. Paying installments is not exactly a new concept so there's no unusual legal work required.
Each side would have negotiated their own transaction charges with their own banks (which you'd expect to be pretty favourable given the sums involved), so you wouldn't agree to pay those of the other side which are out of your control.
Are Sporting trying to add interest onto the installments?
Or am I just paying too much attention to a random tweet, having already just posted that no one actually knows what is going on behind the scenes...

Exactly. It just doesn't make sense. I assume we'd pay from a Euro account, so any FX risk is on us. Paying installments is not exactly a new concept so there's no unusual legal work required.
Each side would have negotiated their own transaction charges with their own banks (which you'd expect to be pretty favourable given the sums involved), so you wouldn't agree to pay those of the other side which are out of your control.
Are Sporting trying to add interest onto the installments?
Or am I just paying too much attention to a random tweet, having already just posted that no one actually knows what is going on behind the scenes...

I think the latter :D

You can transfer millions for a few pence. And while there may be FX risk, it's not going to amount to that unless Liz Truss gets back into power.

Smells like flimflam or a poorly informed journalist misunderstanding something.

Back