• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Official - Defoe

Re: Jermain Defoe

I disagree completely.

Adebayor has shown a lot of hard work and good spirit this season, he also makes things happen, wants the ball and links up play very well. He should score more, but that was the same last season as you say.

I have seen nothing wrong with his attitude, yet tons of speculations about his poor attitude based on little else than him being injured and that he has been a bit moody in the past (years ago).

I also think so, seems to me, he tried too hard to impress and hence some reckless cards.

I disagree completely.

Adebayor has shown a lot of hard work and good spirit this season, he also makes things happen, wants the ball and links up play very well. He should score more, but that was the same last season as you say.

I have seen nothing wrong with his attitude, yet tons of speculations about his poor attitude based on little else than him being injured and that he has been a bit moody in the past (years ago).

Pretty much bang on.

It hasn't quite happened this season, but he's shown that he wants it.

SPECIAL DAY FOR JERMAIN DEFOE

Jermain Defoe reached another career milestone at Villa on Boxing Day.

Having recently notched his 150th career league goal, Jermain's appearance in the 4-0 win at Villa Park marked the 400th in the league in his career.

His tally comprises 29 games for AFC Bournemouth, 93 for West Ham United, 31 for Portsmouth and now 247 in our colours.

He made his Football League debut for Bournemouth at Stoke City in a Second Division fixture on October 28, 2000, netting the visitors goal in a 1-2 defeat. His league goals tally stands at 151 plus 58 in 96 cup and other matches.

Having dominated the first half without reward, Jermain paved the way for our 4-0 win at Villa with the crucial opening goal in the 57th minute.

Gareth Bale then took over with a superb hat-trick as we moved back up to fourth in the Premier League.

"I thought we controlled the game in the first half, passed the ball well, showed great energy and it was just a matter of time before we scored the goals," said Jermain.

"I feel stronger than ever. I've always said it's fantastic when you are playing in a great team and I'm playing with great players. I'm delighted."

Every goal Jermain scores has a little extra significance as he continues to climb up the club's all-time top goalscorers list.

The goal at Villa moved him to within one of the great Alan Gilzean, who stands seventh on that list.

JD has scored 14 goals in all competitions this season to move him on to 132. He needs another seven to make it into the top five.

One of my fave players just behind Lennon (my fave spurs player). 10m my arse... He will bang in 20 - 25 league goals this season which will help us to win the premier league :)

It was nice to see Defoe getting back his goal scoring boot against Villa. Was worried the return of Adebayor has affected Defoe. I think Defoe is having his best ever season for us. Not sure if that is down to AVB trusting him or Defoe is just getting matured. But hope he will continue this good form the whole season.

One goal in 6. His 'form' has gone to brick.
Definitely doesn't work upfront with Adebayor.

All strikers have patches they don't score goals. Defoe has had this all his career. Did you really expect him to keep up his sensational form from earlier in the season throughout the entire season? A barren patch was bound to show up, and I suppose whatever tactical or player selection change thslat had been made or forced due to injury at that time was bound to get the blame. Had there not been one of those I'm sure someone would have found something else to blame it on, Christmas parties, slutty girlfriends, social media or something like that.

To have a streak of 6 games with only one goal in a season is more the norm than the exception for anyone bar the absolute very best in the world.

He's gotten chances when playing alongside Adebayor, as long as we keep creating chances for Defoe to shoot he will score goals.

Re: So what has gone wrong with Defoe?

If Defoe's form suddenly picks-up while Adebayor is away at the ACON the answer shouldn't be too hard to work-out.

I would have laid my entire life savings that this thread would be merged within minutes.
And yet the Adebayor thread lives on.
I would like an explanation from the mod.

Re: So what has gone wrong with Defoe?

If Defoe's form suddenly picks-up while Adebayor is away at the ACON the answer shouldn't be too hard to work-out.

Yes, the answer would be that Dempsey will be playing better then Ade.

No?

The answer could come from a multitude of different places.

Back