• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nacer Chadli

A vital assist for the equalizer and the goal that snuffed out any chance Palace had of getting something from the game. What does he do?

A vital assist for the equalizer and the goal that snuffed out any chance Palace had of getting something from the game. What does he do?

He scores goals. Oh and creates some too. Don't think anyone has said that he doesn't do that at all

What he doesn't do... Win tackles, win interceptions, chase the opposition

In games where were dominant his defensive side is arguably much less important. In games like today his attacking prowess was the difference between no points and 3. Cannot argue or fault that. In tight game where were being challenged more defensively it may be different

Scored against Leicester
Scored against Palace

He only scores in every match, must try harder and get two per game :D

He's easily good enough.

Scored 11 in 35 league games last season. From a wide position.

An injury and some time getting back to fitness and his contribution is forgotten.

I agree that he is good enough and his goals are going to be important as the season progresses, the guy has had a bad injury and it takes a while to come back from that but two goals in the last couple games shows he is on the way.

The thing I like about him is he is genuinely a wide-forward, not a midfielder. So he makes runs and gets on to through passes, he can finish. But he can also hit the long shots, dribble and cross. From the bench, he could be a really valuable player for us, so we can change the course of games against defensive teams.

Sorry, where you talking about Chadli or Eriksen?

Chadli... I've been pretty clear on that. Erisken averages a tackle a game and a couple of interceptions. He also runs more than most and scores and assist too. For they avoidance of doubt yesterday he equalled a premier league record of 9 chances created, plus of course the assist for Allis goal

Chadli had a great game as a sub and made a real impact. He was dripping when he came off too as he run a lot. That's what he should be doing as its his job. He worked hard scored a blinder and got an assist.

Chadli's cross and goal yesterday were perfect. His cross, he barely had time on the ball and yet lofted a ball exactly where Kane wanted, and with the correct power which enabled Kane to finish well. Not an easy cross, especially when he was just taking control of a loose cross from Rose that had struck Chadli.

As for his goal, if there were any other game, people would be crowing about just how good his strike was. Instead, as Alli had scored his wonder goal, Chadli's goal took a backseat. Chadli's goal was excellent, running past a few Crystal Palace players before bending in a shot from outside the area, a shot which curved around Hennesey's dived effort to save.

Chadli is an excellent attacking player and would usually be a guaranteed starter for us, most seasons. This season, we have so much squad quality in depth that it's hard for non starters to break in to the team.

Not comparing them as players, just talking about this specific goal... but when Chadli scored against Palace, was anyone else reminded of Gareth Bale? Personally I thought it was a very Bale-like goal.

I think Chadli is an especially lethal option from the bench because it introduces his nose for goal but mitigates his slight lack of pace as he comes up against tiring opponents. This was especially evident in his goal against Palace.

But surely the man has got to start at Norwich next week. He is starting to hit some fine form. Regardless, its a great selection headache to have - Alli, Eriksen, Son, Chadli and Lamela are all looking good/coming back to their best at the minute and are fighting for 3 positions between them.

I have never been his biggest fan, but I think his work-rate is underestimated. Sure, he does not get about as much as some of our other players, but if he really were the passenger that some are making him out to be, he would be nowhere near the club right now. Poch would have made sure of that.

Not comparing them as players, just talking about this specific goal... but when Chadli scored against Palace, was anyone else reminded of Gareth Bale? Personally I thought it was a very Bale-like goal.

Agreed. It was an inch perfect longe range shot with pin point accuracy ! Wish we can score more long range goals like this instead of trying to dribble the ball into the goal all the time ! It is nice to see Chadli getting back his form just when we needed it badly ! Hope he can contribute to our title race positively.

Chadli's cross and goal yesterday were perfect. His cross, he barely had time on the ball and yet lofted a ball exactly where Kane wanted, and with the correct power which enabled Kane to finish well. Not an easy cross, especially when he was just taking control of a loose cross from Rose that had struck Chadli.

As for his goal, if there were any other game, people would be crowing about just how good his strike was. Instead, as Alli had scored his wonder goal, Chadli's goal took a backseat. Chadli's goal was excellent, running past a few Crystal Palace players before bending in a shot from outside the area, a shot which curved around Hennesey's dived effort to save.

Chadli is an excellent attacking player and would usually be a guaranteed starter for us, most seasons. This season, we have so much squad quality in depth that it's hard for non starters to break in to the team.
Left foot then right foot I believe

He is a good player is our Chadli, better than a lot of players people go nuts for and if I am honest that's how I like it....Better than a lot of the Stoke lads

I think Chadli is an especially lethal option from the bench because it introduces his nose for goal but mitigates his slight lack of pace as he comes up against tiring opponents. This was especially evident in his goal against Palace.

But surely the man has got to start at Norwich next week. He is starting to hit some fine form. Regardless, its a great selection headache to have - Alli, Eriksen, Son, Chadli and Lamela are all looking good/coming back to their best at the minute and are fighting for 3 positions between them.

I have never been his biggest fan, but I think his work-rate is underestimated. Sure, he does not get about as much as some of our other players, but if he really were the passenger that some are making him out to be, he would be nowhere near the club right now. Poch would have made sure of that.

A'int that the truth.

First time Chadli has been in contention (match fit and injury free) with real competition for a place in the starting 11.

Will be interesting to see if he can up his game given the competition and if he will work a touch harder in the system to attempt to get more starts in the league... I think that's what it will take.

As for the Norwich game... Assuming it's between him, Eriksen, Son and Alli to start the game (Lamela being an unused sub last time out) I think it's a close call. Wouldn't be shocked if he started on the bench again, Eriksen is getting better game by game and would be a strange time to drop him. Perhaps in place of Son...

You read threads on this board and you have to laugh some days ... "all he does is score" Not sure people understand the value of a midfielder capable of scoring 10+ goals, especially from a non central position. Most of the top clubs could do with that.

What Chadli did that a few people missed on week-end was stay wide, as good as Alli/Eriksen/Lamela/Dembele are, they all tend to drift in, the opponents narrow their lines and compress the pitch. Chadli stayed out, crossed from outside (led to Kane's goal) and only came in when in possession of the ball (then took his shot).

He might be far more useful against park the bus setups than people give him credit for.

p.s. expect he will play in the cup game (and probably score again)

I agree raziel, I see our three as lamella/son the terriers, they run down everything trying to force a mistake, chadli out wide waiting to pounce and then Eriksen/alli as the dependable creative ones. they are all good at their roles, some are not at good filling in for the others, and none of them are good all rounders. It's a good mix.
I've been saying since last season chadli and Lamella are doing what they are asked and are good at. If pochs happy to play them I trust him.

Back