• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nacer Chadli

You read threads on this board and you have to laugh some days ... "all he does is score" Not sure people understand the value of a midfielder capable of scoring 10+ goals, especially from a non central position. Most of the top clubs could do with that.

What Chadli did that a few people missed on week-end was stay wide, as good as Alli/Eriksen/Lamela/Dembele are, they all tend to drift in, the opponents narrow their lines and compress the pitch. Chadli stayed out, crossed from outside (led to Kane's goal) and only came in when in possession of the ball (then took his shot).

He might be far more useful against park the bus setups than people give him credit for.

p.s. expect he will play in the cup game (and probably score again)
Exactly. Teams who sit in and immediately pull all players behind the ball require a different skill set to prize open. Constantly trying to pass your way through the middle of 10 defenders is not easy. Chadli has a good instinct for chances crossed into the box, a decent cross himself and a very good outside shot. Against these 'compact' teams his reluctance to work back with the same enthusiasm as others is not as important. Mind you if he could add that to his game we'd have another beast on our hands.

Exactly. Teams who sit in and immediately pull all players behind the ball require a different skill set to prize open. Constantly trying to pass your way through the middle of 10 defenders is not easy. Chadli has a good instinct for chances crossed into the box, a decent cross himself and a very good outside shot. Against these 'compact' teams his reluctance to work back with the same enthusiasm as others is not as important. Mind you if he could add that to his game we'd have another beast on our hands.

His competition also has goals and assists in them though.

Assuming his best position is LWF he's primarily competing with Eriksen and Son I think. But Eriksen is also capable of playing centrally, though at the moment dropping Alli from that position seems close to unthinkable. Son can play on the right instead of Lamela. And Eriksen can do a job there too. But of course Lamela is also an option centrally and on the right.

Lamela is probably the only player Chadli is competing with right now that hasn't delivered goals fairly regularly for us in the league (ignoring small-sample-Son). But he has showed for Roma and against lesser teams in the EL that he can potentially step it up. And he does deliver end product in terms of assists...

If those other players offer end product and a higher work rate Chadli is probably going to struggle to make himself a regular starter. Though I agree he offers a somewhat different attacking threat to Eriksen on that left hand side.

One good 30 minute cameo against 900+ poor minutes this season. He isn't competing with anyone in the first team just yet.
He was rightly dropped at the start of the season and then our results improved.

He needs to start using his physicality on the pitch. Imagine how good Chadli could be if he was an aggressive player. He has the ability to run direct at players and hold off challenge and force things.

I think the argument about having him in there against park the bus sides is a good one - him and Alli both making runs in to the box and AN.Other providing ammunition could prove a winning formula

One good 30 minute cameo against 900+ poor minutes this season. He isn't competing with anyone in the first team just yet.
He was rightly dropped at the start of the season and then our results improved.

He needs to start using his physicality on the pitch. Imagine how good Chadli could be if he was an aggressive player. He has the ability to run direct at players and hold off challenge and force things.

When was he dropped? from memory he was in every Prem game up to the L'pool game where he did his ankle ligaments and since then he has not been full fit until now.

I think the argument about having him in there against park the bus sides is a good one - him and Alli both making runs in to the box and AN.Other providing ammunition could prove a winning formula

It's difficult. It's been a long time since we've had players who are happy to get up and around into the box (don't count dempsey, really aggravated me as a player). It makes me feel that Kane (who is an excellent passer of the ball as well) in future could do some real damage from behind the striker with this kind of movement, but then where would Alli play? I think in a little while we might see Alli dropped to deeper in midfield - but this is digressing.

Great goal Chadli, really changed the game with his sub - might well have played himself into a start vs Norwich.

One good complete season last year (1 in 3 goal ratio in league games) versus an injury hit campaign and attempting to get fit and into an improving and more competitive first eleven.

He was injured, not dropped.

When was he dropped? from memory he was in every Prem game up to the L'pool game where he did his ankle ligaments and since then he has not been full fit until now.
One good complete season last year (1 in 3 goal ratio in league games) versus an injury hit campaign and attempting to get fit and into an improving and more competitive first eleven.

He was injured, not dropped.

Wasn't he dropped from the City game and then we tore them apart?

Wasn't he dropped from the City game and then we tore them apart?

The game before the City game ( Arsenal) he took a knock and had to come off, as far as I remember he was not fully fit for the City game but did come on as a sub and then returned for the next games as a starter until his bad injury against Liverpool.

I'd be gutted if we were to lose him. Midfielders who score double figures in a season are hard to come by. As others have said, I like to think Poch cuts him some slack for his work rate not being as good as the other players because he is such a goal threat. You can't have a team for of workers who don't score just as you can't have a team full of luxury players who don't try.

Chadli to become Harry Kanes deputy?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...elgian-offers-alternative-Saido-Berahino.html

Personally I think Chadli has a lot of attributes which mean he could play up front if necessary and I wouldn't mind seeing it put into place in the form of experimentation tomorrow. He's a pretty strong guy and has shown he can score a goal. Personally I'd say he's one of the most underrrarted players in the league. A lot of my 'neutral' mates seem to suggest he's a flop (probably because of the summer he was signed in) but I love the guy.

For what it's worth (which is very, very little! If not nothing!) and as ridiculous as it sounds on FIFA 16 I sub Chadli on as a striker and my opponents, who all assume he's brick, are always left bamboozled as he puts in a classy display...

Well, Chadli hardly runs back to help out defensively...so if he's on the pitch he may as well play in the position where it will have the least negative effect...as long as he bangs them in regularly off course...

well he has a few on the bounce now

He is one of our players who revels playing weaker opposition. Some of them don't seem to want to go for the kill but it's not something Chadli suffers from

well he has a few on the bounce now

He is one of our players who revels playing weaker opposition. Some of them don't seem to want to go for the kill but it's not something Chadli suffers from

amazingly important skill ... you play far more games against the bottom 14 teams vs. top 5

his 13 goals were critical last season, if he gets to 10 this season with the long injury time out, it would be quite an achievement.

amazingly important skill ... you play far more games against the bottom 14 teams vs. top 5

his 13 goals were critical last season, if he gets to 10 this season with the long injury time out, it would be quite an achievement.

That's something we have been poor at in the past too

If he gets 10 goals with the time left that would be very good, but arguably a low target now as he has 5

If I'm right Sanchez hasn't scored many against any top side for the Arse but always gets the goals against the bottom half and he gets plenty of plaudits

A big thing for Chadli is that we don't have to defend anywhere near as much against those sides so that suits Chadli

Back