• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nacer Chadli

doesnt do tap ins does he

That's the thing I like about him, he can do tap-ins as well; he score from range, or from running on to through passes, or from a header...he's more of a natural goal-scorer than Eriksen or Lamela, so he's a good option for us.

That's the thing I like about him, he can do tap-ins as well; he score from range, or from running on to through passes, or from a header...he's more of a natural goal-scorer than Eriksen or Lamela, so he's a good option for us.
Actually I think he could do a bit better on this front. He certainly has a goal scorer's instinct but what's missing from his game (if he aspires to being Kane's cover) are the runs a 'natural' striker makes. I also think if he wants to be consideriea viable backup to Kane then he has to start using his physique to his advantage more, hold the ball up and whatnot.

Actually I think he could do a bit better on this front. He certainly has a goal scorer's instinct but what's missing from his game (if he aspires to being Kane's cover) are the runs a 'natural' striker makes. I also think if he wants to be consideriea viable backup to Kane then he has to start using his physique to his advantage more, hold the ball up and whatnot.

In terms of being a direct backup to Kane, I'd agree. But I think in comparison to Lamela or Eriksen, as a wide forward, he makes much better 'forward' runs (off the ball). His goal recently v Leicester in the cup was a good example, where he came alive as soon as Son picked up the ball, darted into the box, got the through ball from Son and then a nice finish.

I'm not saying he's better than those two (Lam/Eri), but he is more of a goal-scorer and goal threat than they are, coz he has more strings to his bow when it comes to goal-scoring imo.

Whoever referred to him as 'Shagger Chadli' recently, damn you! I cannot say his name without the 'swagger' prefix...and given his rate of net bulging (oo-err matron!) looks like I'll be saying his name a lot!

Nice to see him getting a few goals recently, it's an area that could prove vital in the run in. Having someone to bring on and play across that front line or start if required, who has real goal threat is going to be massive.

Did he actually direct that header goalwards or did it deflect off the defender? Replays are not conclusive to me....if it was his direct header then what an extra option e could become in the box with crosses?

The Park-the-bus-sides wont know what to do lol

Whoever referred to him as 'Shagger Chadli' recently, damn you! I cannot say his name without the 'swagger' prefix...and given his rate of net bulging (oo-err matron!) looks like I'll be saying his name a lot!

That was me. I saw him referred to it a few times on twitter, he likes to put it about off the pitch from the sounds of it.

Where's the love for Chadders last night? I thought the boy did extremely well! Held the ball up nicely, moved across the front with ease, unlucky with the goal he scored (lovely move) should've had a pen...the boy is Kane's natural back-up!

I thought that he played well too. He's done really well since coming back from injury and it is nice to see the complaints about his work rate have dried up too.

Where's the love for Chadders last night? I thought the boy did extremely well! Held the ball up nicely, moved across the front with ease, unlucky with the goal he scored (lovely move) should've had a pen...the boy is Kane's natural back-up!

I thought he done really well to. Showed strength and didnt look out of place as a CF.... which if i was to be honest he has done in the past (although i have always rated him as a wing forward)

I thought he struggled to get into the game in the first half and could have come looking for it a little more, but was better second half.

I thought he struggled to get into the game in the first half and could have come looking for it a little more, but was better second half.

2nd half was better for entire team. Chadli as CF is hard to judge because I think he is asked to play differently than Kane is, Poch will allow Kane to come back more, looked like Chadli had orders to stay up more, leave more space for Alli/Eriksen/Lamela, which did happen.

I know Harry is our only out and out striker but he has so much more which enables our attacking players to interchange and when he's not there we seem to be able to keep that type of play going, obviously Chadli is not as effective but he does a good job.

I know Harry is our only out and out striker but he has so much more which enables our attacking players to interchange and when he's not there we seem to be able to keep that type of play going, obviously Chadli is not as effective but he does a good job.

Exactly, that's why when you watch our team with Harry vs. Chadli (no slight on Chadli) you see the difference. And to me, that's why Harry is better than Lukaku/Benteke, regardless of goal output.

He played really well last night, unfortunately they will always be those who say he offers nothing, to lazy etc etc.

Agreed. Good performance and also pressed well as part of the team which was very good to see. Think his pressing has improved this season, but he's still somewhat unfairly judged on what he's done before.

Had a newly signed "backup striker" put in that performance I'm sure we would have people claiming that this shows why we had to buy a backup striker.

Back