• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jan Vertonghen

My point is why does he always do it? Why does he always slide in? Why cant he stay on his feet?
I dont give a brick about his performance against this Saudi Sportswashing Machine team in a post season game that no one cares about.

One of the better players on the day, yet you look for the negatives all the time, great 'support'.

Why? Because for reason on this board our brick defenders never get criticism.
Only 5 clubs in the league have conceded more than us.
Yet the defenders never take any stick. There always someone out there blaming a midfielder for it.

My point is why does he always do it? Why does he always slide in? Why cant he stay on his feet?
I dont give a crud about his performance against this Saudi Sportswashing Machine team in a post season game that no one cares about.

Seemingly you do give enough of a crud to bump the thread after that very game to complain about him...

He slid in to block what could have been a very dangerous ball across goal. It was a nice dribble from the toon player, but also a perfectly fine defensive move by Vertonghen. Would you prefer he just let the ball come in across the face of goal?

He slid in to block what could have been a very dangerous ball across goal. It was a nice dribble from the toon player, but also a perfectly fine defensive move by Vertonghen. Would you prefer he just let the ball come in across the face of goal?
The thing is if he stayed on his feet like suggested, he would probably have complained about not sliding in to prevent the cross, lol.

He played well and I do no think its just coincidence that with out best CB partnership back together and a better CM set up we looked a lot more composed and tight.

Not one but two brain farts this time... He does have good games but a top class defender does not switch off like Verts does, over and over again

Not one but two brain farts this time... He does have good games but a top class defender does not switch off like Verts does, over and over again

What do you mean by top class?

You talking about the select few centre backs we couldn't dream to sign even if Real Madrid made a mistake and accidentally sent us the Bale money again this summer?

What do you mean by top class?

You talking about the select few centre backs we couldn't dream to sign even if Real Madrid made a mistake and accidentally sent us the Bale money again this summer?

Not sure verts is top class by any definition. Last summer wasn't he linked to Barcelona? I think it's time to get real.

He is a good player, good enough for our mid-table side however that's all. If we put him in a better back four then maybe he will tighten up his game and show some of that original promise.

Anyone know what the current deal is with Vertonghen and any possible contract extension? Transfer Markt has his current deal expiring in June 2016 with a two year option to extend which both parties need to agree. He could walk away from the club next Summer on a free, so I wonder if things don't look positive whether Levy will look to offload him this Summer, could this be why we have seemingly targeted Alderweireld.

Verts gets a free next summer if we don't get the extension signed. I'd imagine if he doesn't put pen to paper by xmas he will spend the second half of the season on the bench.

Verts gets a free next summer if we don't get the extension signed. I'd imagine if he doesn't put pen to paper by xmas he will spend the second half of the season on the bench.

His contract is a 4 + 2 contract.

His contract does not expire until 2018.

Back