• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ITK Thread

dragon1

Alec Scott has been on clubs radar for 2 years now and its possible we sign him but its not the highest priority , we shipped 63 league goals last season so there are going to be 2 if not 3 center half coming in now

As I have said its highly likely Holberg goes we have concrete interest from Bayern and athletico he does not fit Ange system , Ange wants to have a look at gill, glc and tangy pre season but bearing in mind bissouma is injury prone and Rodrigo will not even make the bench until mid/end of sept then there is a good chance 2 new midfielders will come In as well, Ange will want 6 high energy midfielders , 2 who can sit and 4 in the bentacur /maddison role there must be 2 players for each role

kulu was seen as a bit of a punt fantastic first season not so good second we are paying 30 million over 6 years and he is young with a high ceiling so we took a punt but depending how things pan out do not be surprised if we splash heavily on a top forward /winger to make up the 3 with H and son

I know that we're all meant to slag off these ITK things, but all that is very believeable. Perhaps not original, and certainly not specific in names, but nothing wrong with it

I know that we're all meant to slag off these ITK things, but all that is very believeable. Perhaps not original, and certainly not specific in names, but nothing wrong with it
Believable sure, but it's not very eye-tea-kay though. Most posters on this board could have come up with that. Even that bot thing that sometimes posts on here might have had a stab at it.

Last edited:

Absolutely nothing left field though. Scott linked already, we know we needs CBs, PEH reports everywhere and the 'wants to look at our players' seems an educated guess.

Maybe being overly negative but I don't read anything that makes me think hmmmm, that sounds plausible that hasn't already been reported, more of a crafted ITK of various reports that have already happened

dragon1

Alec Scott has been on clubs radar for 2 years now and its possible we sign him but its not the highest priority , we shipped 63 league goals last season so there are going to be 2 if not 3 center half coming in now

As I have said its highly likely Holberg goes we have concrete interest from Bayern and athletico he does not fit Ange system , Ange wants to have a look at gill, glc and tangy pre season but bearing in mind bissouma is injury prone and Rodrigo will not even make the bench until mid/end of sept then there is a good chance 2 new midfielders will come In as well, Ange will want 6 high energy midfielders , 2 who can sit and 4 in the bentacur /maddison role there must be 2 players for each role

kulu was seen as a bit of a punt fantastic first season not so good second we are paying 30 million over 6 years and he is young with a high ceiling so we took a punt but depending how things pan out do not be surprised if we splash heavily on a top forward /winger to make up the 3 with H and son
What about Richy?

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

What about Richy?

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk
He's not a right sided player and if you believe this info, it would mean that we are looking for a RWF to add to the starting lineup. Richie isn't that, he has mostly played from the left for Everton and had stints up top as the CF, we saw last season that his game just isn't suited to playing off the right. It's just the wrong side for him.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

He's not a right sided player and if you believe this info, it would mean that we are looking for a RWF to add to the starting lineup. Richie isn't that, he has mostly played from the left for Everton and had stints up top as the CF, we saw last season that his game just isn't suited to playing off the right. It's just the wrong side for him.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk
If we have to play him there I’d assume the team has been decimated
He is so lost on the right

Herc reckons we'll get 2 CBs...

Please relax. Another center back will be added after this. We are working in agreement with AP on his priority signings. So refreshing to have a manager who is working with you, and not throwing dummies out of the pram

Prof on COYS about Ange’s early thoughts on some of the players we have.

He has already identified a few as not able to be coached up, but in most cases he wants to see (and talk to) them for himself. Once he's seen and heard what he needs to make decisions, we'll try to shift those who are deemed surplus to requirements.

He has already identified a few as not able to be coached up, but in most cases he wants to see (and talk to) them for himself. Once he's seen and heard what he needs to make decisions, we'll try to shift those who are deemed surplus to requirements.

That's proper ITK, Ange said that he will have a look and word with all the players and then decide, in the press just the other day.

Sheer class that ITK

Thats a slightly harsh assessment of Hojbjerg and Perisic, but got to back the new guy

Thats a slightly harsh assessment of Hojbjerg and Perisic, but got to back the new guy

I think those 2 would have already been on his 'out' list, Even before the 'Need to take a look at them in training' stage. I'm loving the major overall we seem to be trying to make. I saw a list on Twitter yesterday of what our squad could look like once you remove those that are potentially for sale, What was left was around 15 to 20 of the squad all under 23ish.

I think those 2 would have already been on his 'out' list, Even before the 'Need to take a look at them in training' stage. I'm loving the major overall we seem to be trying to make. I saw a list on Twitter yesterday of what our squad could look like once you remove those that are potentially for sale, What was left was around 15 to 20 of the squad all under 23ish.
I dont remember is having such a bloated squad since Redknapps final year. And that was the summer we cleared the decks and brought in Lloris, Verts and Dembele etc - the spine of our team for much of the next decade.

Another vague update from Hotspur88...

It's still all up in the air the last I heard. As I mentioned, VdV is much simpler to do, we know what it will take to get him and the club feel that's good value. We haven't given up on Tapsoba and continue to try and find a solution. Currently they're asking for too much money but there has been progress. The club are trying to line up both deals. Tapsoba is highly rated by many at the club, they feel he could be huge.

But speculating on the combinations of defensive reinforcements right now would be just that. There is a chance we could bring both in if we could clear the decks. There is a chance it's just one of them with the likes of Tosin and Lenglet also coming in. The club will try and line up both deals and then make a call on who they want and how that affects the rest of the budget and plans. It's clear that Tapsoba would cost more than VdV.

I like the look of both defenders, but if I had to choose I would go all in on Tapsoba and then try for Tosin. That doesn't mean I don't want VdV, I think he has huge potential. But if we are looking for an immediate impact, a back 2 of Romero and Tapsoba with Tosin as back up and then maybe Dier as 4th choice before he leaves next Summer would be absolutely fine with me.

Back